What's new

What makes a pistol do this?

Roc Doc: Sorry but for 12K in a weapons platform, those groups aren't impressive at 200 yards. Spend your money how you want to.

I will let you experts trip over your own dicks anytime you want. I know a guy.........
Your reading comprehension is for shit, I didn't say my weapon platform was $12k.

Let's see your awesome better than 1/4 MOA targets.

Jackass.

Go find an old Browning Buckmark or Challenger. Rebuild it cheaply if required and have the best 22 pistol ever.
I have an original Ruger mark 1 if I wanted a pistol. I want a rifle, I know the smart move is 10/22 but those are boring, been there, done that.

Yeah you should totally get into hand loading, think of all the money you'll save. I'm sure I've got $12k in gear, but ive got it and can shoot as much as I have time for. And I dig the precision aspect big time
Yeah. You never said it. Jackass.

500 yds to confirm zero after initial sight in at 100. 6.5 CM in weatherby heavy short barrel .5 inch X, 3 shot string. I didn’t break out the calipers and calculator but I think it is tighter than your 200yd groups considering the 2 shots on the right in the same hole
69408A3E-7113-4AFB-B4ED-13DDCE472F1E.jpeg

500 yds to confirm zero after initial sight in at 100. 6.5 CM in weatherby heavy short barrel .5 inch X, 3 shot string. I didn’t break out the calipers and calculator but I think it is tighter than your 200yd groups considering the 2 shots on the right in the same hole
69408A3E-7113-4AFB-B4ED-13DDCE472F1E.jpeg
And how many of those groups did you shoot? Wow, data set of 3, are you a wizzard?

And how many of those groups did you shoot? Wow, data set of 3, are you a wizzard?
A metric shit ton more than you genius. Doesn't matter what I post, you would shit talk no matter what. "you shot those a 10 feet" etc... Your 200 yd groups ain't shit for somebody who invests time and money attempting to shoot. Probably could have saved a couple grand from shooting a standard round instead of your gay tiger wildcat. But hey, there is always someone trying to ice skate uphill.:lmao:

Probably could have saved a couple grand from shooting a standard round instead of your gay tiger wildcat.
Don't worry I already told him all he needs is a .257 roberts
or maybe a .25-'06
Or a .270
.243 is pretty interesting, too

Wait a minute McButtfuck, weren't the targets you posted 3 shot strings? Why yes, yes they were. I guess 3 shot groups only rub your dick and nobody elses. I know mine looked like a 2 shot group and I am pretty sure I pulled that one....but I know a guy...

A metric shit ton more than you genius. Doesn't matter what I post, you would shit talk no matter what. "you shot those a 10 feet" etc... Your 200 yd groups ain't shit for somebody who invests time and money attempting to shoot. Probably could have saved a couple grand from shooting a standard round instead of your gay tiger wildcat. But hey, there is always someone trying to ice skate uphill.:lmao:
Well genius, where's the target where you repeat that performance 3 more times. One good group doesn't mean shit to me.

Those targets were shot with factory 140g AMAX ammo when the rifle was chambered in 6.5CM which is a SAAMI cartridge, as is 6GT or is that not standard enough for you? I actually put thought into my decisions, and going to GT was to reduce some of the recoil, and if nothing else it uses less powder.

Keep digging Jackass.

Never heard of her. 🤷

I'd read that it was possible and I'd already bought 30 of them anyway before I grabbed a blackout. I'm glad I did it now. 😎
458 SOCOM

Attachments

• F1088C78-9BB0-49D6-B2E2-175F15AEEE4D.jpeg
    F1088C78-9BB0-49D6-B2E2-175F15AEEE4D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 32BE5DDC-D155-43B9-B261-61B007CE6417.jpeg
    32BE5DDC-D155-43B9-B261-61B007CE6417.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Well genius, where's the target where you repeat that performance 3 more times. One good group doesn't mean shit to me.

Those targets were shot with factory 140g AMAX ammo when the rifle was chambered in 6.5CM which is a SAAMI cartridge, as is 6GT or is that not standard enough for you? I actually put thought into my decisions, and going to GT was to reduce some of the recoil, and if nothing else it uses less powder.

Keep digging Jackass.
I don't want to and shouldn't be busting your ass because you are a shooter and aspiring to improve. It is just that you come off as a know it all and you and your boys are very condescending because I put out a different perspective that you don't agree with.

I was just trying to tell the OP to oil and shoot that pistol to break it in because I can remember back when nothing worked as advertised out of the box. You had to break the gun in to get it to work right and I suspect S&W auto tolerances aren't what they should be or maybe their tolerances are dead on and the moving surfaces just need to be self lapped. Don't know, I only have S&W wheel guns. I am partial to Sig's. However, my advice to the OP was in no way incorrect or detrimental to him or his weapon. IMO, it was spot on. You are your fan club went to insults and belittling me because I had a different perspective.

Barrel break-in isn't really a thing. You may be referring to fouling shots on a new barrel and after cleaning.

Cold bore shot inaccuracies isn't a thing either. Most of it, if it's seen, is from the shooter being unsteady on fundamentals and not locked in/ready

It is a thing. It's pretty common for them to speed up over the first 100-150 rounds. Then they'll stay consistent until they're worn out.
I pull my match guns barrels when they show velocity slowing back down, as they may be dead in another 200 or 800 rounds, but I'm not finding out the very limited trying to engage a target at 1400 yards.

Top Back Refresh