What's new

What did you do to your yota today?

Final stage of installation of the factory A.C.:smokin:
20230312_160308.jpg

Good to know...
I have 2 cans of freeze 12 leftover from "the dark days" of the epa ..
Jacked in some ester oil after flushing individual components...

grapehead

Got a local shop I'm trying to do some business with to bend me up a new engine cage. Turned out pretty good.
9258.jpeg

Edit: Holy shit that uploaded blurry

Last edited:
20230401_150432.jpg
20230401_150305.jpg

One last big run on the 22re before I swap it. Had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket that had a nasty leak and missing the stud on the very rear of the head. Removed the tires to get it at a comfortable belly on the fender height.

Getting ready to drive it from Oakland to North East AZ then cruise around Utah. I'll be visiting friends and trying to hit a couple trails along the way.

I used it to take it's old rusty frame rails I cut off to the dump today and then went to Lowes to buy a toilet. Felt good driving it around.

Got mine fired up on its own for the first time last night. Pretty much the entire fuel system was replaced/changed, so this was good to see it all functioning. Lots of wiring to clean up and connections to rework.

Wasn't today, but yesterday. Started putting my coastal offroad bumper together for my 4runner. Center section is welded. Now just need to get the wings tacked together and welded.

The instructions supplied with the bumper kit suck. And might as well be thrown away.

Attachments

• 20230422_215957.jpg
    20230422_215957.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 10
Refreshed some 63s with new bushings and center pins. Then I welded up my Ruff Stuff shackle hangers. Hopefully in the next week or 2 I can get them thrown on the truck.

The Toyota has been down for almost a year. Took the tcase out to do 4.7's and duals and of course everything took forever to accomplish, wasnt motivated to work on it, etc. Finally gave up on the dual case aspect and got the single 4.7 case reinstalled. Driveshafts hooked up and truck even fired up upon first bump. Actually kind of excited. :beer:

1C363AEA-A996-4B3A-9C74-15C0349EDD5C.jpeg

My grangirls were fun havers, going too fast in the shop. lol
I got to go wheelin a couple weekends ago to shake down the new PS pump and cylinder.
CF89E1E9-432C-4E75-8410-C11BD63E1588.jpeg

3EF56821-1629-41F4-A376-50432B6534F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone listened to their tcase, crawl box with the shifters off? Sounds a little too much like grinding :homer: Guess after another test drive I'll pull fluid to see if there's shavings. :laughing:

Has anyone listened to their tcase, crawl box with the shifters off? Sounds a little too much like grinding :homer: Guess after another test drive I'll pull fluid to see if there's shavings. :laughing:
Mine had sounded like a cement mixer with the shifters on since 2010.

Going wheeling tomorrow so I have to actually wrench on it a bit tonight.

And I finally finished this stupid bumper. Doesn't look pretty after my grinding. Since I did a horrible job blending, but it should still do the job of a winch bumper.
20230604_151959.jpg

Need to buy one of those for the tacoma.

Sander discs for getting shit cleaned up an a flap wheel for blending. Leave the hard wheels for the farmers:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh