What's new

What did you do to your yota today?

JNHEscher

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Dogwood, MO.
Figure it's about time us Toyota DDing folks have one.

I had put some reman CV's from Rock Auto in my wife's '06 4Runner while in Colorado. Not sure why. Had to be a quick job is all I remember. I've always refused to put remans in prior to this.

This was a month or so ago. One of the last nights that we had come down from Wooldridge/Lexington MO. I had just dropped off our trailer at our property in 3" of snow and had gotten to Ozark, MO. Something started making a gnarly popping noise and then the right front started to lock up and intermittently skid. I do out, snow still falling, whipped out my flashlight to look around. Couldn't see anything wrong. Shoved the car back and forth the make sure it wasn't the brakes. And then I remember the remanned CV's.

Got it up to the next exit and let my wife know that I had to CV axles right meow.

Oh Really's next to us had new units. I grabbed some and headed down the to property to change them out. Inboard roller were pretty battered and the right outboard had broken a ball, causing it to seize up.

Don't ever get remans. Just my $0.02

20221115_120356[1].jpg

Nothin much today. Sometimes we wish we had a Tundra, but this thing can take 10' sticks of materials easily. Scored a free swivel chair on my way to the house, too.

20221229_124400.jpg

cleaned PS fluid reservoir screen on the doublecab... Was mostly plugged... common, I guess. pretty sure pump is bad, so ordered one from RockAuto as well as a PS fluid filter...

Been Driving this a lot lately. Got this broverlander cutting board for Christmas so I had to throw it on. Measured for some new bump stops out back, still needs some trimming to stuff the tires nicely.

20221220_165025.jpg

20221009_172257.jpg

I also picked up some bamboo flooring, no wheeling trips sadly just truck stuff.
20221220_144312.jpg
Hey, where'd you find those wheels? I've been searching all over for a set of reverse wheels and I can't find shit anymore.

I neglected it, just staring through the window at it. Maybe next weekend I will do a tune up on it. And diagnose whether it needs the injectors done right now or not like I think it does.

For now, more nyquil.

Finally ordered LBJ’s… 3rd gen creaks every time suspension moves. Really didn’t want to do this, but getting ready to sell it and needs to be fixed

Finally ordered LBJ’s… 3rd gen creaks every time suspension moves. Really didn’t want to do this, but getting ready to sell it and needs to be fixed
I had to put new uppers and lowers on my '92 pickup years ago. Started to raise it up to work on it and the uppers came completely out the sockets. Torsion bar pressure was the only thing holding them together.

I had to put new uppers and lowers on my '92 pickup years ago. Started to raise it up to work on it and the uppers came completely out the sockets. Torsion bar pressure was the only thing holding them together.

Toyota f’d up the design.

Had two options for fixing it. Replace with new LBJ’s or replace with solid axle….

Stared at both of mine in the Garage. Need to swap on my newish reds on the crawler and start making new body/cab mounts for the 86 cab on the 96 Taco frame/drivetrain.
8696 project.jpg

Top Back Refresh