What's new

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR FORD TODAY?

Passenger seat is fitted, gonna leave it where its at. Damm thing sits way higher then stock. I have a shelf above the mirror and my line of sight is just below the shelf. Used the electric lumbar wiring to power the seat. Everything works. Took it back out to weld up the steel bar between the new seat mount and the old seat slider. Gonna tear the plastic off the seat and paint it gray to kinda match the original color. Seat covers will be here Saturday.

20230321_170856.jpg
I use a mid-'90s truck bench in my Bronco that sits high; even with a collapsed seat.
1679496222952.jpeg

What's interesting I like the collapsed seat because I sit low enough where my head is protected by the headrest (against whiplash).
On the passenger side the headrest touches the back of my neck.

That's a time capsule right there!
This thing has had basically no cosmetic changes since the late 90's-early '00s. Dad bought it in '88 and it was his only pickup till he bought a new F150 in '04. I don't plan on changing anything about how it looks.

I would really like to put an overdrive transmission in it and get the a/c working again (Fridgette under dash, AZ truck originally) but that's about it. Need to get the thing starting a little better too, not sure if it needs an electric pump to help it prime or what. My whole life this thing has started perfectly in any weather but it's like it knows he's gone and doesn't have any interest in working with me.

This thing has had basically no cosmetic changes since the late 90's-early '00s. Dad bought it in '88 and it was his only pickup till he bought a new F150 in '04. I don't plan on changing anything about how it looks.

I would really like to put an overdrive transmission in it and get the a/c working again (Fridgette under dash, AZ truck originally) but that's about it. Need to get the thing starting a little better too, not sure if it needs an electric pump to help it prime or what. My whole life this thing has started perfectly in any weather but it's like it knows he's gone and doesn't have any interest in working with me.
It seems like a good candidate for a Gear Vendors OD. What motor?

POWER STEERING PUMP
Is a new PS pump ($144) worth it
ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2F1ZYAAOSwxXFgCDcp%2Fs-l640.jpg

Vs. a reman. ($55) one?
power-steering-pump-remanufactured.jpg
That would depend where the new pump is actually made and where the remanufactured one is redone in my opinion. I do also consider warranty as well. In the end, generally its the remanufactured that wins out due to warranty and cost.

Almost done with installing ac bracket, new pulleys, Saginaw pump.. got belts coming today.. but then I noticed the water pump looks to be leaking from the weep hole a little drip. I haven’t driven the truck in over a month, almost like it did this to fuck with me.

Anyway, once I make sure the new ps pump works fine, enjoy a test drive/etc, I’ll be replacing the (assuming remanufactured) Gates water pump that i installed three years ago on a new engine after less than 5k miles. At least I can eliminate that from being an issue if any overheating issues popup.

Finally nutted up and finished the saginaw conversion. Holy shit what a difference from the original style pump (mine was new/had few miles on it too).

The stainless braided hose I made for the pressure line is holding up great/no leaks.

The belts squeal sporadically especially at start up so I'll have to figure out if they're too tight/too loose, new pulley configuration takes some getting used to.

When I lived in Virginia in an apartment I took the truck to a hot rod shop and gave them a new fuel-pump to carb hard-line to install because I couldn't do it where I lived. Noticed that was leaking, found that for some reason they cut the line/made their own/don't know wtf but where there's supposed to be a flare it looks like someone jammed something in there to make a hooptie-ass-homemade-flare-end and of course that started leaking today. Just ordered a new stainless from from JBG.

Felt good to test-drive the truck after a couple of months, even though it still needs some buttoning up from recent changes this thing is really coming together and almost ready for the next stage.

Got the stereo installed with back up camera. Figured out how to build doetsch connectors as well to hook up all the wiring. Got two layers of sound deading mat down as well. Next up finish the drivers seat. Just found out the new carpet will be here wednesday. But I still have to run the wiring for the seat heaters.
20230401_150123.jpg
20230401_150130.jpg

Top Back Refresh