What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

I finally did the motor mounts.

Stupid fucking Fords with stupid fucking bolts. 7/16" bolts for motor mounts? Who the fuck keeps those around?

Nobody, that's who. Washers and nuts for spacers it is
Also upgraded the garage speakers from some old Yamaha 5.1 home theater speakersto some Klipsch bookshelfs.. they sound great.

Attachments

• PXL_20221126_061320556.jpg
    PXL_20221126_061320556.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20221126_051010462.jpg
    PXL_20221126_051010462.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20221126_051006754.jpg
    PXL_20221126_051006754.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20221126_041441693.jpg
    PXL_20221126_041441693.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20221126_015307656.jpg
    PXL_20221126_015307656.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20221126_015303021.jpg
    PXL_20221126_015303021.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20221126_015249703.jpg
    PXL_20221126_015249703.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Doesn't seem to do anything?

Pretty much the first thing I rip off in the course of swapping speakers and shit, and never noticed a negative side effect to not having it... So I don't waste the effort to put it back on.
Yeah; I'm trying to reduce the outside air from getting in.

I've been able reduce it about 90%.
The gap between the camper and cab is left.

I finally did the motor mounts.

Stupid fucking Fords with stupid fucking bolts. 7/16" bolts for motor mounts? Who the fuck keeps those around?

Nobody, that's who. Washers and nuts for spacers it is
Also upgraded the garage speakers from some old Yamaha 5.1 home theater speakersto some Klipsch bookshelfs.. they sound great.
7/16 is all fucking over old domestic stuff. :laughing:

Doesn't seem to do anything?

Pretty much the first thing I rip off in the course of swapping speakers and shit, and never noticed a negative side effect to not having it... So I don't waste the effort to put it back on.
It's a longevity of the moisture sensitive cardboard shit that OEMs use thing, not a performance thing. Can't have the door cards falling off the trucks that get shipped to 45ACPs swamp before the warranty runs out.

When the door cards fall off the Ranger it's getting 1/8" diamond plate. :laughing:

It's a longevity of the moisture sensitive cardboard shit that OEMs use thing, not a performance thing. Can't have the door cards falling off the trucks that get shipped to 45ACPs swamp before the warranty runs out.

When the door cards fall off the Ranger it's getting 1/8" diamond plate. :laughing:

There's no cardboard in any of my door cards? They're all plastic.. not the 70s anymore

There's no cardboard in any of my door cards? They're all plastic.. not the 70s anymore
New shit is all plastic. Up through the late 80s early 90s it was still "vinyl over shit that blurs the line between cardboard and wood product". IDK what an OBS has but the 87-91 trucks definitely have shit that shouldn't be getting moist from water that comes down the window.

New shit is all plastic. Up through the late 80s early 90s it was still "vinyl over shit that blurs the line between cardboard and wood product". IDK what an OBS has but the 87-91 trucks definitely have shit that shouldn't be getting moist from water that comes down the window.
The oldest I have now a days is a 95. I don't remember what was in my 77-79s... Don't know that I was ever even inside the doors on any of them.

But yea, probably makes sense to protect that fiber board garbage. There's none of that in the model cda posted though

Starter on the bronco gave up the ghost, started not working properly a week ago when it was zero out. Wasn't an issue with the cold as it's still doing it. I guess 7 years on a stock starter on a 10:1 engine is decent.
Spent the money on a power master high torque and heat blanket.

Years ago when I swapped from XL mirrors to power/heated tow mirrors I swear the passenger side mirror worked left/right and up/down. Then it stopped. I figured the motor was burnt out, because it used to work.
I bought newer ones off Amazon, and swapped them, and suspiciously, the passenger mirror still didn't do up/down adjustment.

Dug into it today and discovered that I only wired left/right when I initially installed.

So I fixed that, and replaced the rearview camera that was broken when I got rear ended last month, and while I was there, cleaned up the reverse light grounds.

Almost started on connecting the turn signals in the mirrors too, but ran outta time.

Started changing the PS fluid with a HF hand suction gun; the reservoir only holds about a half a cup.

Suctioned the fluid out of reservoir/filled with new fluid/bled air out of system/drove around in circles both left and right.
Did this twice.

Does anyone know how much fluid the factory PS system holds in a '94 5.0L Bronco?

Started changing the PS fluid with a HF hand suction gun; the reservoir only holds about a half a cup.

Suctioned the fluid out of reservoir/filled with new fluid/bled air out of system/drove around in circles both left and right.
Did this twice.

Does anyone know how much fluid the factory PS system holds in a '94 5.0L Bronco?
roughly a quart, maybe plus a pint
there's really only the volume of the pump res plus the steering box

you can flush it easier by pulling the return line off and dumping it into a bucket, put a vacuum cap or a loop of hose on the inlet to the res
run the motor and steer side to side while someone else dumps juice into the res

Did this twice.

service book says .75L, ~1.6 pints

Put the passenger side door panel back on; taped a 2mm trash bag over the door holes.

1669264838399.png

1669264873847.png
If you ever want to have something better than trash bags, LMR sells a repro of that film. I grabbed a set when I got all new door hardware from them.

If you ever want to have something better than trash bags, LMR sells a repro of that film. I grabbed a set when I got all new door hardware from them.
I've been driving the last 2 years without the door panels.

I think next year I'm going to go the arse_sidewards route and use aluminum sheet as a more permanent solution because:
1) To cover all the door holes
2) The elbow rest/pad on the door panel really impedes my left arm movement while steering.
3) Driving with no door panels; I've noticed serious door skin vibration.:eek:

Awesome; thank you!:beer:

So far I extracted one cup/half a pint (2 cups = 1 pint).
If I do said extraction four or five more times I should, by then, have replaced all the old fluid?
I mean no way to guarantee 100% that way but it'd be most of it for sure.

Seeing how little capacity it really has makes me really want to put a real cooler on it.

Top Back Refresh