What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Finally pulled this out and made a huge mess. Fucker is heavy. I sold the bench seat to someone local and he was interested in the transmission and the bed (which I was gonna scrap). Since he’s getting the bed he’s gonna bring buddies to help and he offered a hand to move the cab where the engine+tranny is sitting when I’m ready. He is Knowledgeable on dent sides and told me what’s worth selling and what’s scrap along with pricing so that was helpful since I only know early Broncos.

4BFD8D0F-6029-4865-8EDE-F756E4B7418D.jpeg

Well I am just about fed up with Fords! The CEL came on today, the VVT solenoids are acting up causing a racket at hot idle, I unplugged 'em:flipoff2:
Then I had to replace the rheostat for the heater blower as it would only work on high, of course the blue oval team couldn't make it easy to get to like most other brands but I got it done. Then to top it off I took my dog for a ride to my old home town, I was going to gas it up in VT but the station was mobbed and I could smell something very hot, brake smell! Sure as shootin' the front passenger side caliper is stuck/sticking. I turned around and came home and let is smoke in the yard :mad3:
I also started installing 3/4" led marker lights on the flatbed.
I guess tomorrow I will pull the bitch apart and get a new caliper and throw it on.
Beats a truck payment though:beer:

Put on a new front right caliper and all is good. Then I installed some 3/4" LED marker lights around the flatbed. The center one in the group of three at the rear is non working for some reason, I'll have to order some new ones. These were all new but have been in my tool box for about 3-4 years.

Put on a new front right caliper and all is good. Then I installed some 3/4" LED marker lights around the flatbed. The center one in the group of three at the rear is non working for some reason, I'll have to order some new ones. These were all new but have been in my tool box for about 3-4 years.
How fo you like those little lights, are they just markers ? Decent enough to shine light? That size seems like it wouldn't be enough to me

How fo you like those little lights, are they just markers ? Decent enough to shine light? That size seems like it wouldn't be enough to me
I just went out to check them in the dark and they are very bright. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes just markers at the corners and across the back to conform to the DMV specs for over 80" wide.

Partially unbolted the passenger side axle beam/dropped the pivot/and removed the old factory pivot bushing.

Tomorrow I'll clean out what's left in the bushing sleeve and press the new urethane bushing in.
Yes; I'm not replacing the bushing sleeves....

Plasma cut the bolts out of the bed of the 74 F250.. the bed and cab are just about ready to pull just got some odd ends here and there and will hopefully get that all moved next weekend with some help.

P.S. fuck dent side body mounts.

Finally got the alternator changed. I hadn't looked at the airfilter before. I've had the truck 4 years and haven't even out 5k on it. I may buy a paper one to replace this ancient k&n.

The other pic is all the junk that fell out of the filter.

Attachments

• 20221008_151907.jpg
    20221008_151907.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20221008_152019.jpg
    20221008_152019.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
sat down and finished rebuilding the 2150 with throttle shaft bushings for the 78 f150.. excited to get rid of that lean spot at partial throttle positions.
When I had my 78 F150 with the 351M an older race guy told me to bore the power jet out, just used a drill bit by hand, opened it up to twice it's size letting in 4 times the fuel, it helped that truck immensely. It was a 4 spd.

Figuring out how to approach lowering the driver side axle beam pivot.
With the 6" lift; my TTB sits like a very wide inverted 'V'.
I dropped it a few days ago but in only lowered about 1.5"/the bushing bolt sleeve didn't even clear the bottom of the bracket.

I'm thinking of putting the driver side tire on a ramp, thereby lifting/straightening both passenger side axle shafts centerline.
I'm guessing/hoping that would allow the axle beam pivot to lower enough so I could remove/replace the pivot bushing.

For reference:
1665442731758.jpeg

Swapped the carb on the 78 F150 with the one that I just rebuilt with new throttle shaft bushings.. I didn't get it fully warmed up cause frankly I don't know how much gas it has (wrong sending unit installed by PO reads empty at half tank) but the part-throttle lean condition seems to be MOSTLY gone but not all the way. It's a lot better and I can probably live with it while I continue to dig. New problem however is the throttle seems to stick and it's not the springs/linkages.

My guess is when I reassembled the carb the butterflies weren't centered well. Read a suggestion on another site to pop the carb off, turn it upside down, loosen the butterfly screws but leave them on and work the throttle a bit so they find their home then tighten them back up. I'll get to it.. I need this truck for a dump run.

20221010_180842.jpg

thinking about this mess of wires....anybody know what the secret is for removing the cigarette lighter socket? does it just shove out the front? doesn't seem to be threaded into a collar or anything :homer: don't want to hit it with my purse if it is directional or there is a snap ring I just can't see or feel

20221010_180842.jpg

thinking about this mess of wires....anybody know what the secret is for removing the cigarette lighter socket? does it just shove out the front? doesn't seem to be threaded into a collar or anything :homer: don't want to hit it with my purse if it is directional or there is a snap ring I just can't see or feel
Looks threaded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-223858_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-223858_Samsung Internet.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 12
Top Back Refresh