What's new

Vintage Wheeling Pics

My 1980 Toyota early 90s high school wheeler. I loved that truck, rust and all.

1188B14C-2FBC-45D4-837C-196C09BDC090.jpeg
DEDC0F13-86F2-45FC-B0D6-3F23E1D620C1.jpeg

Early overlanding somewhere in Shoshone 1996

615707A0-FE96-4F33-B845-187EF46439FC.jpeg

Damn. :frown: That sux. I enjoyed wheeling with him and his wife at the Hammers back in the day.

I spent many a day out there with him and some with Sue. Many hours building his rig, many hours competing with him. Always in over our heads, always had fun.

I spent many a day out there with him and some with Sue. Many hours building his rig, many hours competing with him. Always in over our heads, always had fun.

I was out there with him when he went into a diabetic shock and crashes his Jeep. We got a trailer out to it, winched it onto the trailer and back to the lakebed. He got a trip to the hospital for the huge bump on his forehead.

Oh, you're the motherfuckers that burn pallets in the desert. Tell me you picked up all the nails before you left.

I've thought about this all night.. your an idiot 🙄 if your so fucking worried about his pallets from 15 yrs ago why don't you go outside and pick nails up.. maybe even better you pick the nails up from when you were young and burning pallets at parties.. fucking retard..

Reactions: DMG
You've seen the problem. Folks burn pallets in a fire ring, OK no idiot is going to drive through an old fire ring, but then some new folks come along and raid the abandoned fire ring rocks for their fire ring and blammo, nails ready to wreck havoc. We got to the point in JV that we would roll the area where we set up camp, but you can't do the whole damn lakebed. That's what I liked about wheeling at Area 52, nobody there buy my club or any guests we'd invite.

Then go back to 52 Mrs perfect princess

Who's parents didn't teach them not to litter?! My 3 year old knows you don't throw garbage on the ground.:rolleyes:

You might be dumber than the other guy.. so your telling me your first lesson in life was don't litter and don't burn pallets.. your a fucking douche too.. how bout you enjoy the guys pics from the past captain environment or how bout both you fucks tell us all about your perfect I've never done anything in the past that isn't ok in the future .. fucking retard..

I was out there with him when he went into a diabetic shock and crashes his Jeep. We got a trailer out to it, winched it onto the trailer and back to the lakebed. He got a trip to the hospital for the huge bump on his forehead.

Yeah, that was a fucking mess. The single most impressive thing other than him not dying or killing someone was the Warn inner shaft bent 90 degrees. His logic for not checking his blood sugar level? I left the meter in the center console and it got rained on. You do know your life kinda depends on that shit working, right? Carry a damn spare, you are at least as valuable as your rig you carry spares for. Keeping him tuned up and firing on all cylinders was always a challenge.

You might be dumber than the other guy.. so your telling me your first lesson in life was don't litter and don't burn pallets.. your a fucking douche too.. how bout you enjoy the guys pics from the past captain environment or how bout both you fucks tell us all about your perfect I've never done anything in the past that isn't ok in the future .. fucking retard..

Get fucked fagbait.

All you guys talking about the simpler time wheeling I came back around to that some time ago. I built(or bolted together?) a 2004 TJ Rubicon with some welding involved. I put it together for easier trails like the Rubicon, Swamp, Deer Valley, etc. I too remember when a Rubicon weekend cost me $100 all inclusive, I was up there several times a Summer. Those times are no more.
Anyway... back to retro pics...

Rubicon 2004...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

URJB?
orig.jpg

Swamp Route 2004...
Goatman rockin' the leaf sprung covered wagon :rainbow: ...
orig.jpg

Randy... RIP...
orig.jpg

Fuck, after seeing this pic I can't believe i bought one of these things...
orig.jpg

MJDan in the shortened and bobbed MJ...
orig.jpg

My old daily driver...
orig.jpg

Fordyce Lincoln
orig.jpg

BLT and SeanP...
orig.jpg

I was never a hardcore guy, but had plenty of fun back in the day. The YJ pics are from Oct. '00 and the TJ in July of '01, 6 months after I bought it. After a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift and 33's, but before 35's and locked F/R and a winch, and all that other fun stuff. Last one was at a Big Dogs event in '02. Mild TJ, but super capable. Miss those carefree days.

Click image for larger version Name:	MUDDY.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	232803
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	232804
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	232804
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	232806
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	232806

Who's parents didn't teach them not to litter?! My 3 year old knows you don't throw garbage on the ground.:rolleyes:

I can't speak for anyone besides me, but I never went wheeling as a kid with my parents and didn't get into it until after I was driving. I knew not to litter, but when you show up to your first wheeling trip and see multiple camps burning pallets it teaches a guy like me that it was ok.

now that I'm older and have been around it more, I know better. it isn't something at least I inherently knew was littering. much like how idiots STILL believe tossing glass bottles and cans into the fire magically make them disappear...

now that I'm older and have been around it more, I know better. it isn't something at least I inherently knew was littering. much like how idiots STILL believe tossing glass bottles and cans into the fire magically make them disappear...

I've had to have that conversation way more than a grown adult in the company of other grown adults should. No fucktard, we have a fire pit, not a fucking trash pit. Glass bottles and cans do not burn, they melt. The melty bits are still in the fire pit when we leave and I know you ain't gonna clean it out so stop putting that shit in there. Then we have to have the No Glass Container discussion for JV and that never goes well.

I was never a hardcore guy, but had plenty of fun back in the day. The YJ pics are from Oct. '00 and the TJ in July of '01, 6 months after I bought it. After a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift and 33's, but before 35's and locked F/R and a winch, and all that other fun stuff. Last one was at a Big Dogs event in '02. Mild TJ, but super capable. Miss those carefree days.

Some of those look like Connellsville/Casparis

The early 2000s count as vintage now? Shit.

2000 Tierra Del Sol Safari
9PM4Twzh.jpg

Posted these in other locations before, but figure you guys would enjoy it:

Gadzuks Big Bear Challenge 1999
cdK17Bgh.jpg

QuVMOw7h.jpg

Tierra Del Sol Safari, not sure what year(maybe 1998?) I remember the dude yelling at the driver "WE HAVE TO RACE THIS NEXT WEEKEND!"
vezm7oWh.jpg

Second generation 4 seater scorpion... maybe 99 or early 2000s?
VxObUzsh.jpg

Some of those look like Connellsville/Casparis

The YJ ones were somewhere in Franklin PA. There used to be a club, Triangle 4x4 that would go on runs all the time and I'd join up. The TJ pics are Wellsville, OH. Been back to Casparis plenty of times too, was really cool before they sealed up the mine. This pic here is back in Connellsville on the way up. Been so long I don't even remember how to get to the trails...
Click image for larger version Name:	casparis.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.3 KB ID:	233170

Pretty sure I am in your one picture... :eek:

The YJ ones were somewhere in Franklin PA. There used to be a club, Triangle 4x4 that would go on runs all the time and I'd join up. The TJ pics are Wellsville, OH. Been back to Casparis plenty of times too, was really cool before they sealed up the mine. This pic here is back in Connellsville on the way up. Been so long I don't even remember how to get to the trails...

If you want to find them PM me. We used to go the back way in to Hawkins hollow every summer.

Top Back Refresh