What's new

Vehicle prices that make you say WTF?

2022 Ford F-250 Super Duty Limited - Fusion Motors PDX

$140k :shaking:

1714094083117.jpeg

Seems about normal, ZR2 starts at 48k now, you add basically any options and your'e over 50. IMO it's too much for what you get but people buy em, TRD Pro Tacomas are starting over 60k now.

The Golf R is probably the worst.

The Mk7 was a bit of a shock to the system when it came out, 4WD, 300hp and a $35k price tag. It may have been the most affordable "crazy enough" car of the last decade or two?

Now they start at $48k, for the same engine, same chassis, just with a slightly different shell and worse interior. Oh, and you can get it in black or white. That's about it. You can even add an Akrapovic exhaust for the low price of FOUR GRANDS!

Just for laughs, I gave you an example of one car with every possible option (except silly things like bike racks and dash cams for $500) and, wait for it.... $63,335.

Seems about normal, ZR2 starts at 48k now, you add basically any options and your'e over 50. IMO it's too much for what you get but people buy em, TRD Pro Tacomas are starting over 60k

Guess it's not my thing, because I'm still confused

Something I haven't seen in years... bait cars. My feed is full of them.

$12,000 OFF MSRP
stock number: ZZ1234

Sitting on that for a year has to be expensive to the dealer :laughing:
not as expensive as realizing the loss on whatever the trade value was in Spring 2023 versus current {falling} market value.
'the loss isn't real til you book the sale' and other fun dealership rationalization games...

Passed by a new dealer franchise preowned lot has an 04 superduty srw ccsb with 342k :eek: miles on the 6.0 PSD :nuke: prominently displayed with $9,990 on the windshield. ( carfax has theft history in 2017 and minor accident history in 2020)

It's really clean (although may have some insane orangepeel if the pics arent just bad), but what dealer 1) sells any 20 yr old trucks with 350k mi much less one with a 6.0 psd, 2) wants to deal with the buyer for that and 3) wants to deal with the headache of that buyer when that ticking timebomb finally lets go 3-6 weeks from now..
surprisingly to exactly nobody, there has been no action on the 340k 6.0 gem yet. Now they've got an 08 6.4 lined up next to it for low teens so its the lineup of misfits/ bad and worse...

1714514711424.png

Last edited:
Local lot has this for $103,000 plus ttl. Msrp window sticker is $94,000.

Screenshot_20240430_153242_Samsung Internet.jpg

The local Ford dealer in bumfuck nowhere Texas has had a lot full of new F150s, 250s and 350s that are just sitting there with no buyers. They even have a black Bronco Raptor among the many Broncos on their lot and don't seem to be selling shit. Nobody is buying cars/trucks over MSRP now unless they are completely stupid. In most cases there are big discounts off MSRP if you go in and ask. Sellers market is long gone and the buyers market is making a strong comeback.

I just got an email from Carvana for a vehicle price update from a vehicle I sold 8 months ago. 2010 4Runner Limited 2wd 135k miles. I had Carvana quote it when the dealer offered crap 8 months ago. My boss ended up buying it for his daughter. Anyways, the Carvana trade in price on March 27 was $12,500 and the price on April 28 was $9,500. That is a pretty significant drop in a month. Maybe speaks to the car market as a whole.

The local Ford dealer in bumfuck nowhere Texas has had a lot full of new F150s, 250s and 350s that are just sitting there with no buyers. They even have a black Bronco Raptor among the many Broncos on their lot and don't seem to be selling shit. Nobody is buying cars/trucks over MSRP now unless they are completely stupid. In most cases there are big discounts off MSRP if you go in and ask. Sellers market is long gone and the buyers market is making a strong comeback.
I’ve seen a few new 23 F series trucks being advertised locally.

Shoot me a PM with the location

Most of the nearby ford dealers aren't well stacked out here, drove to Austin a couple months ago to look at some package options with the wife. She's not much for visualization without seeing things in person.

5-10 years from buying, easiest to shop them when new at the dealer :laughing:

Shoot me a PM with the location

Most of the nearby ford dealers aren't well stacked out here, drove to Austin a couple months ago to look at some package options with the wife. She's not much for visualization without seeing things in person.

5-10 years from buying, easiest to shop them when new at the dealer :laughing:

Wills Point Ford.

Top Back Refresh