What's new

Vaccination mandates on the horizon.

What would happen, if you were a high level company guy who has to fire people, and you decide you will not fire your workers that are not vaxxed?
If the company took a stand against any "suggestions" from the government, I wonder what their potential damage could be. A fine?

I would hope that if I was a big shot somewhere, that I'd be willing to at least look at what I'm faced with if I was to choose to defy their orders and refuse to fire my employees. We need to see this.
In n Out Burger gave them the :flipoff:

What would happen, if you were a high level company guy who has to fire people, and you decide you will not fire your workers that are not vaxxed?
If the company took a stand against any "suggestions" from the government, I wonder what their potential damage could be. A fine?

I would hope that if I was a big shot somewhere, that I'd be willing to at least look at what I'm faced with if I was to choose to defy their orders and refuse to fire my employees. We need to see this.

Thought I read Delta Airlines will not enforce this. Hope it's true but we need to see this everywhere. 90% + are caving.

so if rugger has a machine shop making housings for his nogs, they are part of the mandate?
not at this point - but if my machine shop was running on supplying widgets to a government contractor then they could flow it down on their own accord (prior to the gov't doing it). Then it's my choice to give up my cash cow. I see both of those cases possible.

so if rugger has a machine shop making housings for his nogs, they are part of the mandate?

not at this point - but if my machine shop was running on supplying widgets to a government contractor then they could flow it down on their own accord (prior to the gov't doing it). Then it's my choice to give up my cash cow. I see both of those cases possible.
Interesting.

I was about to post this before reading rugger's post:

Yes- at least how my employer interprets the guidance. If the nogs were engineered/designed/developed/produced for under a federal contract, yes. If the nogs are a COTS/consumer item the company produces without federal funding, no.

Interesting.

Yes- at least how my employer interprets the guidance. If the nogs were engineered/designed/developed/produced for under a federal contract, yes. If the nogs are a COTS/consumer item the company produces without federal funding, no.

so they did that to stop from creating front companies utilizing newly created sub assembly companies. just like people splitting or doing creative things to get under the 100 employee cap.

I am still waiting to be walked out. Looks like if we say we are considering the JJ we could stay employed until Nov 24th. I just got a meeting notice from my second level for tomorrow, we will see how it goes.

Oh yeah, they just released the official numbers after the oct 8th madate to prove your papers.

4,140 roughly out of 9,000 not currently vaxxed 🤣

We are roughly 2k+ office folks and the rest shop. The IAM (shop union in KS) is actively fighting this unlike our engineering union. If 10-15% of the shop walks, the company will not be able to ship parts. I am just hoping 10% of the office will have balls.

Just tell them you plan to get the Novavax. That's what I keep doing.
Nova.jpeg

Novavax is the old school one right?
J&J is closer to an old school vaccine.

Novavax is interesting and uses an engineered virus to infect moth cells, mutating them into a new type of cell with lots of covid spike-like proteins on it. They blend those cells up, extract the custom spike-ish proteins, and slap those on a synthetic cell membrane kind of like what they use to hold mRNA in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Good for in -n out

In-N-Out blasts S.F. over vaccine mandate shutdown: 'We refuse to become the vaccination police​

Beloved California burger chain In-N-Out is firing back against San Francisco’s vaccine mandate. The company blasted the city after the Department of Public Health temporarily shut down its Fisherman’s Wharf location on Oct. 14. for not checking customers’ vaccine cards. It’s the only San Francisco restaurant that’s been closed for violating the indoor vaccinate mandate, the health department said.

Despite multiple warnings, In-N-Out employees continued to let customers into the restaurant without verifying their vaccination status since at least late September. (The city’s indoor vaccine mandate for businesses, including restaurants, went into effect on Aug. 20.) In-N-Out acknowledged the enforcement violation, calling San Francisco’s indoor vaccination requirement “intrusive, improper, and offensive” governmental “overreach.”

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” In-N-Out’s Chief Legal and Business Officer Arnie Wensinger said in a statement. “It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.”

The temporary closure of the 333 Jefferson St. outpost, the only In-N-Out in San Francisco, was first reported by local TV station KRON.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Monica-Gandhi-is-S-F-s-most-controversial-16538324.php

The Department of Public Health said it asked In-N-Out to correct the violations multiple times since late September, after a complaint was filed with the city’s 311 service center line. After an initial visit on Sept. 24, health inspectors returned on Oct. 6 and found that the In-N-Out was still not enforcing the vaccine mandate. The Public Health Department said it “attempted multiple times to bring the business into compliance with the health order” before shutting In-N-Out down Thursday, Oct. 14.

“The business was instructed to cease all operations on site immediately because of the threat it poses to public health,” the Department of Public Health said in a statement.

In-N-Out had posted required signage about the city’s vaccine requirement, but employees were not enforcing it, Wensinger confirmed. The restaurant has since reopened but is no longer offering indoor dining.

This is the most brazen example of a San Francisco restaurant pushing back against the indoor vaccine check. But mask mandates and other coronavirus requirements have been a flash point for restaurants throughout the pandemic, including some Bay Area owners that made headlines for defying public health orders. In Mendocino, a now-closed cafe went viral for charging customers who wear face coverings a fee.

In-N-Out did not immediately respond to a question about what the company’s opposition to vaccine checks means for locations in Contra Costa County or Los Angeles, both of which require proof of vaccination for indoor dining. The chain doesn’t have any restaurants in Berkeley, the only other Bay Area city with an indoor vaccine mandate.

Elena Kadvany is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: [email protected] Twitter: @ekadvany

J&J is closer to an old school vaccine.

Novavax is interesting and uses an engineered virus to infect moth cells, mutating them into a new type of cell with lots of covid spike-like proteins on it. They blend those cells up, extract the custom spike-ish proteins, and slap those on a synthetic cell membrane kind of like what they use to hold mRNA in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

Already saw that Jeff Goldbloom Movie.... doesn't end well.

Wife works for a .gov contractor.
She found out today she Hass till 11/3 to get her first dose or she will be out of a job.

Interesting.

Nogs means something real different to me, I have no idea what it means how it is being used here.

just wait till they add that all sub contractors and supply chain need it as well.

I'm a supplier for a company with DoD contracts. I havent heard one damn thing about covid compliance. Not a peep.

I was sent an email in early 2020 when the shit started stating I was an 'essential employee' so I could travel without question. Nothing since, business as usual.

I just got the email from my company that employees need to comply since we are a federal contractor. Since the notice came out so late, there is not much time for personnel to get the Moderna Vax based on the time tables.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 150128.png

No .gov work, but I think we'll finally do the mandate deal a few weeks after the nation has burned to the ground. I think our main turning point was having the next- in- line plant manager (healthy guy) die from the vaxx. When the up and coming corporate star drops in the parking lot, trembling, shitting his pants, biting through his tongue- then spends the next month dying in ICU it kinda gives pause to those who are faced with the decision of forcing thousands of people to take the same risk against their will.

Dunno. We'll see.

Have a German friend and his Georgian wife staying at our house this week. They travel around playing tennis (she's pro) and the stories from their travels are horrifying. They got trapped in Georgia for 3 months on a flight layover to Germany. Both countries shut down, and they got stuck in a house with armed military out front. He had a rifle pulled on him for trying to recharge his prepaid phone at a kiosk across the street from the house they were at after 8pm. It was only a few minutes over.

Literally the only thing stopping that from happening here is the amount of guns in the hands of the people. Don't really see a large orangized uprising happening but there would be a lot of shit like what happened here in 2003 when they tried to widen the road.

I just got the email from my company that employees need to comply since we are a federal contractor. Since the notice came out so late, there is not much time for personnel to get the Moderna Vax based on the time tables.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 150128.png

We just got a similar one, we do a lot .gov contract shit. Before it was if you come into a building you need the vax, now it's everyone. It's going to be a shit show come December.

Also, since regular medical exemptions are nearly impossible to get approved there is a handful of people here that are going to try talking to a psychiatrist and get an exemption that way. I'll update on that when here something but it's an interesting approach.

Top Back Refresh