pile your sticks and shit from the yard on it
burn it
rinse and repeat for a few years, it'll be gone eventually

li'l triangular garden hoe
pull the dirt back from it
burn it
Drill holes add some rot products. Mushrooms and such. Or rent a stump grinder and be done in an hour.

Not recommended method unless using slave labor. Got it all knocked out to below ground level, probably have a couple bonfires on it before throwing dirt over it. Youtube says cut the bottom out of burn barrel with some side holes to really get it gone.

Not recommended method unless using slave labor. Got it all knocked out to below ground level, probably have a couple bonfires on it before throwing dirt over it. Youtube says cut the bottom out of burn barrel with some side holes to really get it gone.
nah, you don't want to pile a lot on there because if air can't get to it it won't burn
the charcoal you produce will also insulate it and keep it from becoming charcoal itself

low small fire kept burning for a few days is what has always gotten me the best results
might want to lean a sheet of 14ga or whatever's handy against the house though

20230930_121650.jpg

Barrel halves bolted together for larger radius. Spaced off ground for airflow. Burned for 3 days.

I baby sat it with some beer in a lawn chair the first four hours. Then added logs in batches to keep the embers hot. 2nd and third day was a half dozen logs every 12 hours. Started a foot off the ground and burned it to 4-6 inches below grade. Gentle breeze most of the time helped stoke it once it was hot coals.

Have another one to do this spring. Bunch of fiber lines in the ground around these two, otherwise the chinese mini ex dug the rest out.

But yours also looks like it's right next to the house, so fire might be a hair risky.

20230930_104743.jpg

20230930_104900.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebs
Ignore it for 10-40 years. It'll rot away by the time you forget about it

Drill holes with a ships auger 1" or better in diameter. Kerosene in the holes is optional. Light, use a leaf blower, vacuum on exhaust port, or other means to blow air to it, away from the house. It'll burn down pretty quick. You can do small sections at a time if you need to worry about too much heat at once.

li'l triangular garden hoe
pull the dirt back from it
burn it

Drill holes add some rot products. Mushrooms and such. Or rent a stump grinder and be done in an hour.
Pie cut it (chainsaw, not sawzall) and sprinkle some diesel down in there. Light charcoal and dump on top. If there's no wind, park a shop fan next to it.

Went in for a dental cleaning today. Blood pressure was lower than its been in probably 15 years. Typically 145/90, today 122/70 :smokin:

they didn't used to, twenty years ago
or maybe that's because I was ten and kids are indestructible so checking is pointless?
They didn't do it 5yr ago. Which was the last time I went to a dentist. :laughing:

The dentist I went to in central america checked mine before cleaning and before tooth pulling a few months ago. Hadn't been to a dentist in 15 years before that.

My old dentist checked BP though I don’t really know why. New dentist doesn’t.

Old dentist had a cute assistant in a mom sorta way but she left. New dentist has a very cute assistant. I like the new assistant better. :smokin:

I just figured out the black dude in the arcade scene in Maximum Overdrive (awesome movie) is Gus Fring in Breaking Bad.

I've been noticing that my cans of ether will leak slowly after I use them once, like 'set it down and a month later the top is full of leaked juice and there's only 1/3 of a can left'
maybe it's time to start looking for some sorta miniature sure-shot type apparatus?

Top Back Refresh