What's new

Useless things about your day!

Explaining real engine shit to my son...
1000012637.jpg

The civic has aids.

Counter dude said cat is toast, replace that first. I have spark plugs for it, looking to see where i should spend my time.

20240415_181924.jpg
20240415_181935.jpg

The civic has aids.

Counter dude said cat is toast, replace that first. I have spark plugs for it, looking to see where i should spend my time.

20240415_181924.jpg
20240415_181935.jpg
You let a parts store plug in their automated sales software?:flipoff2:
Go buy a BlueDriver for a Bennie, don’t be a pauper:flipoff2::flipoff2:

‘03 is coil on plug IIRC, I’d start with plugs, multiple misfires on every cylinder seems odd, but if you run it into the ground the lack of heat in the exhaust could cause the cat efficiency code.

How long has it been since a tune up was done?

Misfires on all 4 cylinders would lend itself to a more overall issue. How does it run right now? Possible vacuum leak? Maybe plugged cat? When was timing belt done last?

When my vw jumped time it threw out all 4 cylinder misfires and general misfire codes.

You let a parts store plug in their automated sales software?:flipoff2:
Go buy a BlueDriver for a Bennie, don’t be a pauper:flipoff2::flipoff2:

‘03 is coil on plug IIRC, I’d start with plugs, multiple misfires on every cylinder seems odd, but if you run it into the ground the lack of heat in the exhaust could cause the cat efficiency code.
I had a cheap $20 bluetooth scanner and I couldnt get it to connect so I went with them.

The 420 code has been showing up on and off for like 2 years. Didnt affect the car that much so I've been neglecting it. Coil on plug is correct.

Timing belt was done at 195k from previous owner, now has 286k. Not sure if they did a tune up at the same time, I would ASSume. :homer:

I had a cheap $20 bluetooth scanner and I couldnt get it to connect so I went with them.

The 420 code has been showing up on and off for like 2 years. Didnt affect the car that much so I've been neglecting it. Coil on plug is correct.

Timing belt was done at 195k from previous owner, now has 286k. Not sure if they did a tune up at the same time, I would ASSume. :homer:
Bluedriver is superior BT scan tool, IMO. To get more than generic OBD2 most of the cheap ones require a subscription.

So, are spark plugs a bridge too far in your budget too?:flipoff2:

So at best case its been 100k since a tuneup... sounds like my maintenance schedule

Bluedriver is superior BT scan tool, IMO. To get more than generic OBD2 most of the cheap ones require a subscription.

So, are spark plugs a bridge too far in your budget too?:flipoff2:
I have an old plx adapter and use torque.
Doesn't require a subscription.
Maybe it does now but I bought the pro version a decade ago

Brought home one of two new toys over the weekend. Looks to be in great shape, as it has been in a home hobby shop for the last ~30 years. Should be a nice upgrade from my 14x40. Included a decent lot of tooling and 4 extra chucks. Now the real work comes to re-arrange my garage.

20240413_142726.jpg

Spent more than I wanted too while auction-drinking last night but still decent after fees. Shouldnt need to buy more tool/parts storage ever again. :grinpimp: Motherfuckers are way more stout than i thought. Gotta weight 500lbs ea. drawer capacity is 440lbs. :eek:

1713401298368.png

Spent more than I wanted too while auction-drinking last night but still decent after fees. Shouldnt need to buy more tool/parts storage ever again. :grinpimp: Motherfuckers are way more stout than i thought. Gotta weight 500lbs ea. drawer capacity is 440lbs. :eek:

1713401298368.png

Paint that got dam osb and double your light.

:flipoff2:

1713401298368.png
Just bought one of ours out of the parts warehouse, for $100 :flipoff2:

Warmest seat in the doghouse :flipoff2:

Attachments

• 20240417_194047.jpg
    20240417_194047.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240417_194010.jpg
    20240417_194010.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Paint that got dam osb and double your light.

:flipoff2:
I sprayed 3 coats of satin clear poly when I put it up. I'll double the LED lighting before I paint it. I like it. Keeps it "warm" in here instead of surgical.
Just bought one of ours out of the parts warehouse, for $100 :flipoff2:
FUCK yeah! :smokin: i paid ~4x that. Still a great deal.

My last good pair of Carhartt bibs ripped in 2 places today. Fuck these cheaply made pieces of shit they always tear at the crotch or the seam at the double knees. This time it was both at the same time :laughing:

1713401298368.png
Doesn't get any better than that, how many moneys?

Top Back Refresh