What's new

Useless things about your day!

Well fuck. With scrap prices in the toilet, this caused me to have loss on the day. :mad3: May have had a BDL

What a waste of time and effort. I'm all done trying to recycle. Fuck it. Those tires have less than 2000 miles on them. I looked for it on the way home, but my route is through steep country. It belongs to mother Earth now.

Tire? Your pre trip and/or torque sequence sucks.

Litter bug! :flipoff2:
Trust me, I tried. I drove 240 miles just looking for it. I drove the truck and 3 legged trailer home, jumped in the shitbox and made another lap. Stopped at all the spots I thought it might have come off at. Couldn't see anything. 😒
Tire? Your pre trip and/or torque sequence sucks.
Get fukt. I have brand new 14 ply tires, new bearings, brakes, seals, magnets, everything new on both axles installed last fall. Installed by me, so I know it was done right.

Sometimes shit just happens. I hit one bump in the road I think may have caused it. Stopped and checked things ~5 miles later, at the next available turnout, and didn't visually see anything wrong. I didn't get out my torque wrench and check lug nuts though. I suppose that's what you do after every pothole?

I'm thankful I didn't hurt anybody.

Get fukt. I have brand new 14 ply tires, new bearings, brakes, seals, magnets, everything new on both axles installed last fall. Installed by me, so I know it was done right.
if you had a 20yr old truck tire with exposed belts on there it wouldn't have fallen off

don't call around
tire might be embedded in the windshield of a minivan full of freshly made orphans

Trust me, I tried. I drove 240 miles just looking for it. I drove the truck and 3 legged trailer home, jumped in the shitbox and made another lap. Stopped at all the spots I thought it might have come off at. Couldn't see anything. 😒

Sometimes shit just happens. I hit one bump in the road I think may have caused it. Stopped and checked things ~5 miles later, at the next available turnout, and didn't visually see anything wrong. I didn't get out my torque wrench and check lug nuts though. I suppose that's what you do after every pothole?

We had a 3 axle trailer rip a center out of a wheel :homer:.

This is what bulldogs look like after a really rough day playing with the kids and their friends. He ran with them for 3-4 hours last night climbing all the sand piles. :lmao:
IMG_9779.jpeg

A few months ago, wife- "Hey there's a bird starting to build a nest on the front security camera... can you get a ladder and knock it down before it finishes? Maybe it'll go build somewhere else."

me- "It's already finished apparently. There's eggs in there."

wife- "NO NO leave it then. Don't hurt the babies."

me- "Well we have 2 cartons of babies in the fridge right now but okay."

Fast forward 2 months... they're about ready to GTFO. Kids have been checking on them every day.

20240426_172936.jpg

absentmindedly pulling a piece of 2x2x1/4 outta the stock rack, it falls off the back rack and the front one becomes a pivot point and there just happens to be some real heavy channel steel right above it
20lbs of steel ain't heavy, but with a 10:1 lever it'll sure squeeze the blood outta your thumb's knuckle in a hurry

I was at my friends shop getting new rear tires on my 13k mile car when he pointed this out to me on one of my still pretty new front tires.

FML!

PXL_20240429_145344313.jpg

So I will have to park my daily driver for a week or so while I wait for a new front tire (I only get them shipped, fuck going to a tire store) and then drive 40 miles away to get it installed.

I have no idea how long my tire has looked like this, I do not remember hitting anything that hard recently.

I was at my friends shop getting new rear tires on my 13k mile car when he pointed this out to me on one of my still pretty new front tires.

FML!

PXL_20240429_145344313.jpg

So I will have to park my daily driver for a week or so while I wait for a new front tire (I only get them shipped, fuck going to a tire store) and then drive 40 miles away to get it installed.

I have no idea how long my tire has looked like this, I do not remember hitting anything that hard recently.
I just looked up the exact same tires I had put on the car 3 years ago. They were 450 out the door then.
It's 900 just for the rubber now.

But inflation is just 3 percent

I have a 4,000psi 4pm pressure washer I use to do side work with but now only use it a couple times a year around my house. I have never liked the pump on it. It is cheap POS Annovi Reverberi pump on it but nothing really wrong with it at the moment. I have been casually looking for one with a cat pump on it for a couple years for cheap. I found one yesterday. I swapped the pump over. Dumped the oil as there was some water in it. It had a lawnmower muffler as an oil fill plug so I hoped water got in that way. Well I was wrong. Changed the pump oil and used it today. Water got back in the oil. So now I have to spend $120 on pump seals. Why do I do this to myself? I should have just kept the pump I had. :homer:

I have a 4,000psi 4pm pressure washer I use to do side work with but now only use it a couple times a year around my house. I have never liked the pump on it. It is cheap POS Annovi Reverberi pump on it but nothing really wrong with it at the moment. I have been casually looking for one with a cat pump on it for a couple years for cheap. I found one yesterday. I swapped the pump over. Dumped the oil as there was some water in it. It had a lawnmower muffler as an oil fill plug so I hoped water got in that way. Well I was wrong. Changed the pump oil and used it today. Water got back in the oil. So now I have to spend $120 on pump seals. Why do I do this to myself? I should have just kept the pump I had. :homer:
I bought cat pump parts from spraywell.

I'd worry less about the tree and more about the "foundation":eek:
That's the good side:laughing:
130 yo limestone with 50 years of poor drainage. It's holding up pretty well, all things considered.

That house is coming down. I'm basically using it for storage and a washroom. The further part is a section of the original house, what's in the foreground is an open porch that was enclosed at sometime in the past. None of it was buried below the frost line.

About a week ago I was helping my 80 year old neighbor with his truck. He has a 1998 Dodge with a 360. It's been in his family since it was new. It's a good truck for this part of Arizona. 4wd, good motor, etc. He was having a random stalling issue. It would just die, with no power to the dash or ignition. After a few minutes it would start up and run fine. No codes.

Someone told him it was the cam sensor. On this engine, its attached to the bottom of the distributor cap, and a major pain in the ass to replace. Can't see it because the engine is back into the firewall. He spent a solid month replacing that and it still randomly died.

I was looking it over and hooking up wiring and vacuum lines he missed. Before I found the unhooked vacuum line, I was under the dash trying to see why the HVAC blend door wasnt working, and noticed a mess of wires under the steering column. He said they were from an old alarm. I looked them over and noticed a few of them were fused together. I removed all the alarm wiring, and repaired the factory wire. Truck hasn't died since.

Good Deed for the Month, ✔

Top Back Refresh