What's new

Useless things about your day!

Random

Driving down the road and pulled off onto a shoulder. Walking Around the car I find a wallet on the ground.

I found the person on Facebook, messaged them, and returned it.

Didn't accept anything.
I was driving home from work on Monday and saw a tool in the middle of the road, looked like a really short handle conduit bender, I was curious so I flipped a pair of U turns to go back and pick it up, turns out it was a hydrant wrench from the local volunteer fire department.
I swung over there on my way back home and there happened to be somebody walking out the door as I walked up to it so I handed it to him, told him where I found it and went on my way.

Aaron Z

Well somebody fat fingered a keyboard. Now my pallet of parts is headed for the wrong side of the state:laughing:

Your end or their end? If their end did you just get a "whoops, sorry" or are they going to make it worth the hassle?

Was headed my way. Trucking outfit got one number wrong on the zipcode. Got it caught in time that they should be able to steer it my way.

She did thank me for catching it before it made it over there.

Got ahold of an english speaking person pretty quick and she was able to get things fixed without any drama. I'm not goona bitch about that.

Doing first aid recert today. Useful information, trainer makes it entertaining.

Anyone find themselves in situations frequently where you have to provide first aid for others?

Ive been seeing guys on fb with efiles coming back in 3-5 days!
IMG_20240424_133224375_HDR.jpg

Filled out the Eform 4 Friday night 5 pm, got the approval 9am the next Wednesday. 2 business days!
:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

I was driving home from work on Monday and saw a tool in the middle of the road, looked like a really short handle conduit bender, I was curious so I flipped a pair of U turns to go back and pick it up, turns out it was a hydrant wrench from the local volunteer fire department.
I swung over there on my way back home and there happened to be somebody walking out the door as I walked up to it so I handed it to him, told him where I found it and went on my way.

Aaron Z

It's enjoyable helping someone in a way that's not charity.

Well somebody fat fingered a keyboard. Now my pallet of parts is headed for the wrong side of the state:laughing:
I love it when that happens :homer:. At this point I'm like, look you guys fucked up. I'll just drive to your truck and pick it up myself :mad3:.

digging out the broken remains of the concrete that was under my dairy barn
there's about thirty separate pours, some of them as thin as an inch, some as thick as 5, some have aggregate where others they decided that sand was cheaper than stone so it's actually mortar

anyways, underneath that there's 2' of "fieldstone and manure" that I been scooping out with a non-toothed bucket
very traction limited there, so when it finally quit digging I decided to hand load the bucket with stone
worked fine
went back to digging a couple more feet forward and lost all my traction again, hand load the bucket again but forget to back it out onto solid ground beforehand

yup, high centered with a bucket full of stone
fuck
finally dump it to push myself back 4', then load it all back up again

maybe tomorrow it'll be a little drier
gonna rain for the next four days after that, so I really gotta get it figured out before then lol
thinking about digging all the black shit out and replacing it with a mixture of washed sand and all the broken concrete and field stone I got piled up
maybe 4" of 3/4 stone atop the sand and large rock, maybe not, I dunno really

It's enjoyable helping someone in a way that's not charity.
I gave the local VFD a bunch if fancy rescue chock wedge things that were in a tote of other stuff from an auction.
Apparently they are pretty expensive. I think you all fingered what they were.

🌪s dont hit garages? Or you live in a trailer so thats a gonner for sure?
I think the idea is you don't directly get hit by a tornado... you just get some possible damaging winds, hail, etc. Get everything indoors so it doesn't get beat up or a big limb dropped on it. Or blown into the neighbors yard.

Top Back Refresh