What's new

Useless things about your day!

🌪s dont hit garages? Or you live in a trailer so thats a gonner for sure?
Lotta small tornadoes (EF-0 and 1) that just throw stuff around. There’s also micro-bursts that are associated with tornadic weather. I lost a tree at my other property to that just 2 weeks ago.
IMG_2967.jpeg

Over the last week I have been noticing a lot of newer crew cab long bed 1 ton trucks. This seems new to me in my area- I feel like I used to only notice 1 or maybe 2 a month, and it's rare enough that a dude local to me with a crew cab long bed ram 3500 had a personalized plate that said "longrig". In the last week I've seen 5 or 6 in my little 20 mile radius bubble.

Are they suddenly getting more popular for some reason? Is there a grand theft auto-ish glitch in the matrix? Am I just a dumb ass that somehow suddenly cared about these trucks (I have no reason to care that I know of).

Lotta small tornadoes (EF-0 and 1) that just throw stuff around. There’s also micro-bursts that are associated with tornadic weather. I lost a tree at my other property to that just 2 weeks ago.
IMG_2967.jpeg
Cool Scout!

Over the last week I have been noticing a lot of newer crew cab long bed 1 ton trucks. This seems new to me in my area- I feel like I used to only notice 1 or maybe 2 a month, and it's rare enough that a dude local to me with a crew cab long bed ram 3500 had a personalized plate that said "longrig". In the last week I've seen 5 or 6 in my little 20 mile radius bubble.

Are they suddenly getting more popular for some reason? Is there a grand theft auto-ish glitch in the matrix? Am I just a dumb ass that somehow suddenly cared about these trucks (I have no reason to care that I know of).
Probably just never noticed, now you do so you're seeing them often.

So I'm out looking for fancy oil to put in the wife's fancy shit (didn't find any) and on the shelf is 0w16 motor oil.
WTF is this shit? I don't like it.
ended up ordering fancy castrol from amazon.
Picked up my regular castrol ll-01 5w40 for the kraut mobile. Of course not a quality made in anywhere but china filter to be found, so Mann filter from amazon shows up tomorrow.

Its just you, they have always been a ton of them. I was always surprised by the amount of 2-4" lifted half tons in our area.

So I'm out looking for fancy oil to put in the wife's fancy shit (didn't find any) and on the shelf is 0w16 motor oil.
WTF is this shit? I don't like it.
Some super light shit because EPA. Think some newer japanese shit uses it.

23 Corolla and some engines in the 22/23 Crown, Highlander and Grand Highlander.
So are the engines actually different than previous years or is this just putting thin oil in them for the sake of fuel economy and fuck you if it makes it past the warranty period?

That's the case with the wife's Volvo. Now it says 0w20, but for 20 years it was 5w30. Exact same engine. Right down to the part numbers for the rings.
now people are complaining about oil consumption.
I put 5w30 in it.

So are the engines actually different than previous years or is this just putting thin oil in them for the sake of fuel economy and fuck you if it makes it past the warranty period?

That's the case with the wife's Volvo. Now it says 0w20, but for 20 years it was 5w30. Exact same engine. Right down to the part numbers for the rings.
I put 5w30 in it.
Probably the latter. I think the Corolla is the same 2.0 engine that’s in the 19-22.

I put 5w30 in it.

How much of that is oil getting better over 20 years?

It's really nice that the wife mows the yard sometimes.

me- gets on mower, makes one lap, notices lack of mow things happening

"Oh yea, i forgot... the wife mows the yard sometimes."

20240426_162156.jpg
It's fun when your in the shop and you hear her run something over and loose a belt. Walk out and give her the "what the fuck" look. She gives me the blank look. I point at the unmowed stripe behind her. Her, "When did that happen?" :homer:

How is it that I can hear the hit and the change in RPM from the shop and know what happened but she can't tell while driving it?

It's really nice that the wife mows the yard sometimes.

me- gets on mower, makes one lap, notices lack of mow things happening

"Oh yea, i forgot... the wife mows the yard sometimes."

20240426_162156.jpg
My mom was complaining her mower wasn’t cutting very good. Those blades look new compared to what she had. I swear she was trying to mow straight caliche.

The latter. Pretty much everything still uses 0/5/10 W 30/40 if you download the India/Africa/Middle east user manual.

How much of that is oil getting better over 20 years?
"Better" doesn't matter. Your tolerances between parts are what set the viscosity requirement.

"Better" just means that you get less cold wear and can stretch the interval out longer.

Well fuck. With scrap prices in the toilet, this caused me to have loss on the day. :mad3: May have had a BDL

What a waste of time and effort. I'm all done trying to recycle. Fuck it. Those tires have less than 2000 miles on them. I looked for it on the way home, but my route is through steep country. It belongs to mother Earth now.

IMG_20240427_101556035.jpg

Well fuck. With scrap prices in the toilet, this caused me to have loss on the day. :mad3: May have had a BDL

What a waste of time and effort. I'm all done trying to recycle. Fuck it. Those tires have less than 2000 miles on them. I looked for it on the way home, but my route is through steep country. It belongs to mother Earth now.

IMG_20240427_101556035.jpg
Litter bug! :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh