What's new

Useless things about your day!

My buddy that used to do comps and drive all over the country had a spare or two of almost everything. I remember coming back from KOH, pulling into the gas station at 4 corners to swap out a broken shackle. Had shackles, equalizer thing, wheel hub, maybe a spring.
I carry a full loaded brake hub for my camper now. Had a bearing let go a couple years ago going thru Harrison AR. Took out the hub as well. it was dark and I coudln't see the smoke 'til i turned a corner and someone's headlights behind me lit up the smoke. :eek:

Got to spend the night parking lot camping in the shitty part of town waiting on a trailer supply house to open the next morning.

Saw this years ago, some guy wheeling at Katemcy-

Typical 16ft store bought car hauler, home made shackles out of 3/8" plate. Hangers too. Big reinforcement plate around the frame at shackle/hamger area. 4 new leaf springs bolted under the deck out of view. Spare axle w/no brakes bolted into a mount just at the front of the trailer which doubled as a twin spare tire mount.

Saw this years ago, some guy wheeling at Katemcy-

Typical 16ft store bought car hauler, home made shackles out of 3/8" plate. Hangers too. Big reinforcement plate around the frame at shackle/hamger area. 4 new leaf springs bolted under the deck out of view. Spare axle w/no brakes bolted into a mount just at the front of the trailer which doubled as a twin spare tire mount.
That's a whole lotta work to run shitty trailer components. You might as well just use all truck components that take 300k to start sucking and can be replaced at any parts store or junkyard.

That's a whole lotta work to run shitty trailer components. You might as well just use all truck components that take 300k to start sucking and can be replaced at any parts store or junkyard.
It really wasn't much work. I could mimic it on mine in a day. Dude also had 16" wheels and 225/75 load E trucks on it.

IIRC he wheeled a little stretched Sami buggy on 37" reds.

do they bunch up at the back of the joint?
That's my biggest gripe about kneepads, straps are always bunched up in my knee's armpit
Not at all. They don't bunch and stay in place.

I hardly know im wearing them anymore. I'm on vacation visiting family right now and it's almost weird not wearing them.

My wife got them for me to wear to a kids birthday party at a playhouse thing. Lots of crawling around in little person sized spaces. Been wearing them ever since. (I turned my left knee backwards, acl, pcl, mcl, and a femeral bypass for a torn popitiel artery. It always hurts)

That’s really not a horrible idea if you are doing more than hauling your shit around town regularly. Running an hour from home to wheel it’s probably not worth it, but if you’re driving from the east coast to Moab or out to Johnson valley, it could save you a serious headache.

Mount it on the deck right up by the tongue, throw a spare on both sides, and head down the road worry free because when your shit breaks, you’ve got the shit to fix it without limping it to the only trailer supply place in 100 miles on a Saturday night and waiting until Monday to get parts.

Need a tire? Pull it off the parts axle. Need a hub? Take it from the parts axle. Spring? Parts axle. Did your best impression of the duke boys? Use the whole parts axle
Some of the “Trophy Truck” Mexican trailer builders offer a spare axle as a orderable option. Mounts just in front of the axles/springs under the deck. South of the border on some of those roads and it makes sense.

Yiro Trailers
Vimetal
and some others

That’s really not a horrible idea if you are doing more than hauling your shit around town regularly. Running an hour from home to wheel it’s probably not worth it, but if you’re driving from the east coast to Moab or out to Johnson valley, it could save you a serious headache.

Mount it on the deck right up by the tongue, throw a spare on both sides, and head down the road worry free because when your shit breaks, you’ve got the shit to fix it without limping it to the only trailer supply place in 100 miles on a Saturday night and waiting until Monday to get parts.

Need a tire? Pull it off the parts axle. Need a hub? Take it from the parts axle. Spring? Parts axle. Did your best impression of the duke boys? Use the whole parts axle
That is why I bought two hubs when I smoked mine. Had a buddy smoke a hub on his camper going thru Grand Junction on the way to Moab 3 years ago. Thankfully it was a Saturday afternoon and the trailer supply was still open.

I need to add a loaded hub to the toolbox on my gooseneck as well. it gets used for long trips like that much more

Exactly. I don't remember the guy, but he wheeled alot and all over the US. Half ton gmt800 with a shell and that little trailer/light rig combo I'm sure pulled great. And he could fix any part of it in a parking lot without needing a store, and beefed up some of the flimsy stuff so it was less of a worry if an event happened.

Oh, the wife sent me the decoration I put up over the weekend.

20211207_111721.jpg

Only time I get flats is if I carry 2 spares. And I've hauled a homemade car hauler trailer all over the place and my backup plan is always chains and straps and come along tighteners, 28 years and I got it used and I've lost a bolt here and there and done a few repairs at home in my leisure time.

I laguhed when I sold my 7k trailer and got a 14k unit. The springs/shackles/equalizers are all the same and that's what I was killing.
All trailers are junk.

Got a notice in the mail today that I have an outstanding insurance bill due next week.

ffs, I paid that like two weeks ago.

I emailed them. Nope, I paid the houses. This one is for the vehicles. Well that's a pleasant $1000 wiped from the account. :homer:

sucks too because a few of us are headed to an armory to look at guns this weekend. I was all set on picking something up, but so much for that.

My company storage lot and conex got broken into last night. Smashed through the gate with a likely stolen F250 and cut the tabs around the locks off of the conex with a grinder. So far, I've added up about $7k in stolen tools. We'll probably figure out more shit that's missing next week when we go back to work after the rains.

Fuck. Thieves.

I've sold a bunch of shit, I'm no stranger to stupid questions on FB/CL... but selling a compact tractor is taking the cake.

In less than 2 hours:

• is there anything wrong with the carburetor (clearly says diesel in ad)

• will it lift Texas rocks (of course!)

I have no idea what a Texas rock is.

I've sold a bunch of shit, I'm no stranger to stupid questions on FB/CL... but selling a compact tractor is taking the cake.

In less than 2 hours:

• is there anything wrong with the carburetor (clearly says diesel in ad)

• will it lift Texas rocks (of course!)

I have no idea what a Texas rock is.
You know, Texas rock. A rock that is bigger and heavier because it’s Texas rock.

Should have said, no its limit is Louisiana or Oklahoma rock.

Earlier today some retard practically headoned me when they were passing stupidly, I had to jam on my brakes because there was no shoulder on the road, then another retard in a weird looking Uhaul rental van failed to yield and pulled out in front of me making me slow down in a tiny town (Lake George, CO) and then went 20 under the speed limit until I could pass them legally a mile or so later, then as I headed home from Woodland Park traffic was stopped by cop cars all over the 67 and 24 intersection and when I turned into a parking lot to get around the jam up I saw the same ugly Uhaul rental van facing the wrong way in a turn lane and the side I could see was all dented up. Lots of maroons out there.

I found another clutch, pressure plate, pilot bushing and throw out bearing for a square body era sm465. It's marked used but the clutch still has writing on the frictions, no idea why it was changed.

After about half a decade of owning them I finally got around to hammering down the tabs in my jack stands so the top part can't come out.
Is that really necessary? , I don’t have a good reason not to. Mine are probably 20 year old, unbent, trueblood virgins.

if I hammer the tab in, how am I going to pull the saddle out and use it improperly to do other things?

so, tell me if you've had this one. Intense pain in my shoulders and arms when trying to raise them past shoulder height. It's the Deltoids, Traps, and whatever you use when flapping your chicken wings. MRI was last week. Dr. said it's no different than the one I had five years ago and to keep doing PT. So they don't know WTF is wrong and just want me to do what didn't work last time. Different issue last time. At least there's no tingling this time. It's just a huge pain to put on a shirt or deoderant or do any fucking thing above my shoulders. Literally. I'm tring to get an appointment with a chiropractor at this point. I've lost 44 pounds this year, powerlifting at the gym, and this shit is keeping me from going for now. I just want to know what's wrong before I go pulling weight again. Cardio blows and I aint doing it.

Top Back Refresh