What's new

Useless things about your day!

$500 would be a bargain :lmao:

And yeah I miss my old chevy every day, been looking for another the last couple days since work paid me for the old one, this new shit ain't for me.

Replaced the carpet in the master bedroom this weekend with laminate flooring to match the rest of the house (only 1 more room left with carpet now).

Moving the furniture back in one of the dressers slipped off the slider and scratched it dead center in the doorway so it is super fucking obvious :mad3:

Driving 400 miles to Oregon in attemt to load up on cheap tractors and implements to sell in California. Have 1 locked down up there already and am hoping to find at least 1 or 2 more as well as whatever implements i can fit on the trailer.

Was in thr bowels of the storage area in the room that houses the h2o tank pump n such gittn Xmas shitfer the boss, stumbled upon a piece from my yute! Sumbitch ah member spendn some hard earned cash 40yrs ago from paper rootn and such.
IMG_3124.jpeg

I need help finding a switch for my bike. Its use is going to powering the entire bike; ultimately replacing what the ignition key does.

Don't want a toggle because I don't want a branch or something flipping it off. Rocker is a maybe. Ideally I want a push button. Push the button down, bike powers up. Push the button again, bike shuts off.

30A and 12V
Waterproof/Marine

Every one I find is a momentary switch. :homer:

I need help finding a switch for my bike. Its use is going to powering the entire bike; ultimately replacing what the ignition key does.

Don't want a toggle because I don't want a branch or something flipping it off. Rocker is a maybe. Ideally I want a push button. Push the button down, bike powers up. Push the button again, bike shuts off.

30A and 12V
Waterproof/Marine

'Latching switch' is what you're looking for, although probably not at that amperage.

One of these to a relay would be perfect.

30A and 12V
Waterproof/Marine

It doesn't need to be water "proof". It just needs to be big enough that a little bit of corrosion doesn't prevent it from making/breaking contact.

'Latching switch' is what you're looking for, although probably not at that amperage.

One of these to a relay would be perfect.

Ah yea, something like that in 30A is what I'm looking for.

It doesn't need to be water "proof". It just needs to be big enough that a little bit of corrosion doesn't prevent it from making/breaking contact.
Too bulky to have on the motorcycle dash.

Coming back from getting my morning coffee this morning, I see smoke on the horizon. Turns out it was my best buds house. I sprung into action, woke the 4 of them, called 911 and my friend knocked the flames down as the fire started up into the attic.:eek: fire started on the outside covered deck by an extension cord pinched by the siding. Could have been REAL bad had I not been driving by when I did.

Coming back from getting my morning coffee this morning, I see smoke on the horizon. Turns out it was my best buds house. I sprung into action, woke the 4 of them, called 911 and my friend knocked the flames down as the fire started up into the attic.:eek: fire started on the outside covered deck by an extension cord pinched by the siding. Could have been REAL bad had I not been driving by when I did.

My best friends house just caught on fire and a jogger by called them on thier ring doorbell, was able to get the door unlocked, and saved thier pets. Actually made national news for a feel good story

My best friends house just caught on fire and a jogger by called them on thier ring doorbell, was able to get the door unlocked, and saved thier pets. Actually made national news for a feel good story

Oh I'm sure there's some good video cam footage of me running around his house like a madman at 630am. He has a ring doorbell too, but sadly no news outlets have setup an appointment for an interview.

Well, I found out the hard way today (as is typical) what "base paint" is. In my ignorance I thought that its purpose was to be a base layer upon which additional layers (i.e. color) would be added. Well the tint appeared to be what I was looking for so I thought screw it, I'll just use this base layer and if the color looks good run it. That's not how this works, that's not how this works at all.

After using a gallon of paint on 300 sq ft that should be able to cover 500 sq ft and at the end having it cover damn near nothing I ended my day of painting in frustration and apoplexy. "How could paint be this terrible?" I thought. I'm old enough to have painted with oil based paints and recollect them working quite well. I know water based paints aren't as effective but this was just ridiculous. I asked myself, "is this the fate I have to deal with for the rest of the house? That's a lot of damn house left to paint!". No, no, rationalization steps in and I come to the conclusion that something else must be going on, perhaps this paint is simply that terrible and all I need to do is pony up for the good stuff. But really, that terrible? I mean the coverage of this paint was just beyond even my worst expectations of what bad paint might paint like, something else is at play here.

Off to google to find all of the answers! Only to find every search result simply trying to sell me paint or extoling the virtues of the crappy paint that I just bought, oh the internet! Then realization dawns, this is likely my fault, it's very possible that I did this to myself. That being that case and knowing misery loves company I can now modify my queries to match those who've made the same mistake that I have and find that "base paint" is not a base layer and on its own it provides little actual paint coverage. I also find that the purpose of "base paint" is to act as the base for pigment to be added to which will then provide the necessary coverage, well there's your trouble!

Well, you learn something new everyday and today that's what I learned.

20211220_200105.jpg

Another couple hundred bucks worth of work done on this one tonight.

They only have another 2 or 3 years of work for me lined up...so far.

The lower level of that house, is 2 reefer trailers welded together, with the shared wall cut out. Heated concrete floor, the whole works is set on a couple I beams on concrete pilings, but if you crawl under it, the tires are still on it, landing gear is down...neat build.

Worked on the dash on the bike for about 30m last night. Just trying to figure things out and using cardboard. I have an idea on what to do. I was up all night tossing and turning on how I was going to orient things and weld things in. :laughing:

wife and I went for a walk to feed the ducks, or prettiest boy and his bitches as I refer to them.

You ever see ducks fight each other over bird seed? It's hilarious. A strict pecking order is maintained.
269766784_10158791759444635_6494952401976878843_n.jpg

Theres a LOT of jews at the JFK airport.

I'm not talking people counting pennies, but the curly hair stupid NFR hat kind.

Well I'm definitely old. Found out we had 2 girls quit the swim team supposedly because it was just too hard on their mental health and all I could say was what the fuck. There were zero excuses once you started a sport when I was in HS you couldn't quit unless you physically injured yourself to the point where you couldn't do it.

Top Back Refresh