What's new

Useless things about your day!

Got rear ended by a semi today. Waiting at a light he saw the car in front of me start to pull away and didn't even see me over his hood. No apparent damage to the daily beater and besides some minor stiffness in the neck no apparent damage to me either. 80k will shock you even only going a few miles an hour.

Just got a free dulcimer from my brother in law. It's actually a really nice one, like $1k nice, built by a small shop in CT. Guess I'll have to figure out how to play it now.

IMG_20211202_223942.jpg

PXL_20211203_164137456.jpg

New strings to start with...

PXL_20211203_170130358.jpg

Never knew what one o them wuz till I seen one gittn played on the waltons, neat instrument fer sure.
Gotta tidbit of snow in our parts, had lil digger out today moving some around
IMG_3107.jpeg

Rifle season ended yesterday. Bow season until the 15th. Was out there for about 1h30m this morning. Heated vest worked nice, but my feet froze in the 18º.

I'm over it. I'll go ahead and say it; hunting is a complete waste of time for me. Woods are too dense. Deer are sparse. I don't have the patience required. I'll grab one tag a year, skip the license, lay out some deer corn during the summer to draw them in, and if one pops up in the backyard I'll take a crack at it. But sitting in the tree for hours hoping something walks by? Screw that. I need to be doing something. I can't just sit there and think.

That being said, I want to get more into motorcycles I think. I don't have a project bike and I think that'll be something I get. Looking at V-Maxx or a naked Goldwing. Do a motor teardown, and piece by piece put it back together. Setup a bay in the shop, and tinker. Get some decent tools like a lift, ultrasonic cleaner, and a basic 120V TIG for simple small stuff.

But yea, to hell with hunting. Maybe I'll get more into if the boy shows an interest. It'll take a really slow day of things I don't want to do before sitting in a tree makes it to the top.

I've got kiddo on squirrel patrol. He keeps looking outside to let me know. Spent the morning fire at them, wasn't hitting shit. Brought out the metal swing targets. Man, that Ruger wasn't sighted in for anything. Five minutes I've got it dialed. Down three squirrels so far.

Stopped by my friend's house to mill some shit after lunch today. Last weekend we chainsaw milled some passes off this oak to get it small enough to fit on the sawmill. It's between 24" and 32" depending on where you measure.

He did the hard part of getting the log on the mill before I got there. We had some metal in this that we had to work around so one of the slabs is gonna wind up being stupid dimensions. We're pretty sure it's a fancy wrought iron potted plant hanger that some asshole hung in 1950ish. The blue streaks are from the blade, not from shit in the log. It does that when you run water for coolant. We got an extra 3" or so out of the sawmill by moving a handle up. IDK why HF didn't do that in the first place. This thing badly needs an electric motor for the main drive and a power feed.

15299f89-11a6-4870-8fc7-8d1cb88167a7.jpg
32ea2feb-f8a2-45b3-aa60-76e1f8b07033.jpg
7e18dc0a-569a-4e40-8161-ace14dfdd62f.jpg
e19197ba-9e85-43dd-bbac-cf093aee752c.jpg
89ff3673-8c4b-4593-8d8c-94176f44d4c6.jpg
2457e344-9ce6-454b-9774-5eea470cfc07.jpg
cb059df2-6944-48b7-8f37-0bd8a0b9abd6.jpg
ad5a45db-adb7-429d-afd4-0e4e282b0f95.jpg
ae09e4ee-46c7-4efa-a138-67531945be80.jpg
17a2e8c5-4015-4496-83af-f54a09ae5946.jpg

I get a pounding headache when I eat too much sugar
apparently today that limit is three granola bars and a 4oz bag of gummy bears

really should just cut it out entirely, gonna get the beetus if this ain't it already

I get a pounding headache when I eat too much sugar
apparently today that limit is three granola bars and a 4oz bag of gummy bears

really should just cut it out entirely, gonna get the beetus if this ain't it already
Sounds like you're eating like shit.

Eat some meat, dude.

200.gif

Heading out early to pick up a tractor. It's been months since I've woke up to an alarm clock.

Was the last day of the season for me yesterday. Cold as hell and ice, bike wouldn't start so went to plan B, got on a good set of tracks and followed for 5.5 hrs, started to lose light so I let him be and headed back to the truck. I'll be back out in a couple weeks to put cameras on the hill. Saw one little spike on the way back, and several does during the day. Good day over all.

that involves cooking
far too much labor for one person

Buy a week's worth of fast food burgers and throw them in the fridge. They reheat in the microwave really well. Also those stupid cheap TV dinners in the red package (banquet brand?) and supplement with "real food". Throw bread and crackers and small amounts of cut up hot dog into various canned soups. Canned ravioli.

I wish I could still eat like that.

2nd competition in Intermediate class with the local trials club yesterday. Rode better than I ever have before. 5 points on the first loop getting warmed up then 2 full clean loops earned me a 2nd place finish. :smokin:

(not me but a couple pics of our upper-class riders)

20211205_133130-jpg.jpg

20211205_132445-jpg.jpg

Wife finished the motor rebuild of her 13 WRX yesterday and started it up and took the first drive. She's driving it to work today so I'm just hoping I don't get a recovery call.

Showdown at the Starbucks just short while ago. Total urban environment, so I'm here to contaminate the Deer hunters and people working for a living :flipoff2:

An angry Subaru in the way. Wait, Woa. t's lifted and loks like BFG TA on 32's. Pure gnar. Cant lose this parking lot joust. POS Explorer, sorry, no rust, Kali-Car. He backed down. That was close. Didn't catch the navigator of the Vee-Hick-Ehl. He or he/she may have sported rainbow or even a Patagonia spoor, cant say. Parked the shit box, Wedged in between the Tesla and lexus SUV. No mask, sorry. Katie. Nice shirt I mean tits I mean shirt Katie. My Barista for this space in time. Mocha for Mrs Splib who is at work already and string cheese for killer. Subaru used to be dogs. Always dogs in the commercials, and love. Now, it's multi mix hue and even same sex couples out leaping and licking and watching sunsets. And driving offroad off trail across beautiful green grass. If you fuck with this dog you die :laughing:
Leo at rest.jpg

Showdown at the Starbucks just short while ago. Total urban environment, so I'm here to contaminate the Deer hunters and people working for a living :flipoff2:

An angry Subaru in the way. Wait, Woa. t's lifted and loks like BFG TA on 32's. Pure gnar. Cant lose this parking lot joust. POS Explorer, sorry, no rust, Kali-Car. He backed down. That was close. Didn't catch the navigator of the Vee-Hick-Ehl. He or he/she may have sported rainbow or even a Patagonia spoor, cant say. Parked the shit box, Wedged in between the Tesla and lexus SUV. No mask, sorry. Katie. Nice shirt I mean tits I mean shirt Katie. My Barista for this space in time. Mocha for Mrs Splib who is at work already and string cheese for killer. Subaru used to be dogs. Always dogs in the commercials, and love. Now, it's multi mix hue and even same sex couples out leaping and licking and watching sunsets. And driving offroad off trail across beautiful green grass. If you fuck with this dog you die :laughing:
Leo at rest.jpg
dude. Your stream of conscious ramblings are getting more out there.

Its pretty easy to follow. Conscious stream :confused: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Never argue my mental health with anyone. WTF :beer: Do you realize where you are ?? :confused:

Been exposed to the other place and then this one for over 20 years. Yeah, my Subaru hair braid boy man bun rage is getting nearly out of control. :mr-t:

So which are you ? Subaru or BFG AT on 32's ??:laughing:

For the first time ever I started wearing San Francisco sneakers.

Holy shit do my knees feel better at the end of the day. I thought that they would be annoying but they didn't get in my way at all.
Pro tip;

Look up volley ball knee pads. Supportive knee wrap with attached knee pad.

I probably have 20 or more pair, wear them everyday. I'm not on my knees enough to wear out the knees in my with pants but enough that it's life changing to wear then everyday.

Weird, just had a tire blowout on a parked car in the driveway. I heard the thing let go from in the house and it had me looking out front expecting to see a fender bender in the street. 5 year old Toyos w/ 10k miles on em.

Buy a week's worth of fast food burgers and throw them in the fridge. They reheat in the microwave really well. Also those stupid cheap TV dinners in the red package (banquet brand?) and supplement with "real food". Throw bread and crackers and small amounts of cut up hot dog into various canned soups. Canned ravioli.

I wish I could still eat like that.
yuck
I just cook a bunch of pork chops or boneless chicken thighs and freeze them in single serving flip top baggies
rice and beans stretches the meat real far
granola bars are the go-to for "fuck shoulda ate something before I started mixing this section of concrete"

still end up eating whatever crap customers bring in now that I'm back to working for the winter

Pro tip;

Look up volley ball knee pads. Supportive knee wrap with attached knee pad.

I probably have 20 or more pair, wear them everyday. I'm not on my knees enough to wear out the knees in my with pants but enough that it's life changing to wear then everyday.
do they bunch up at the back of the joint?
That's my biggest gripe about kneepads, straps are always bunched up in my knee's armpit

Got 2 teeth pulled today. I have a low tolerance for pain. Yesterday and last night were awful 4 Motrin and 2 Tylenol lasted maybe 4 hours. 2 Tylenol lasted 20 mins at best. Called around to every dentist office in the dental network and none were open. None of the “24/7 emergency dental work” places online were actually open.

Trailer lost a spring/eye bolt today, luckily the sping just laid against the frame and the equalizer stayed somewhat put. I have no idea how a knurled bolt and crimped nut came undone and disappeared. Was also missing a nut on the other side, but different axle. Shackle/plates were wallowed out. Everything else was good and tight.

Trailer supply shop was only a few miles from where I caught it. Limped it over and slapped it all back together. At this point my day was shot and kept it slow and steady. Got home about 3 hours later than expected.

It's just never an adventure, unless something goes wrong.

My buddy that used to do comps and drive all over the country had a spare or two of almost everything. I remember coming back from KOH, pulling into the gas station at 4 corners to swap out a broken shackle. Had shackles, equalizer thing, wheel hub, maybe a spring.

Top Back Refresh