What's new

Useless things about your day!

Fawk do I hate pavement! Luckily it doesn't happen very often.
IMG_3088.jpeg

Edmonton again stopping to check load, a heavy assed V16 block.
IMG_3097.jpeg

For the first time ever I started wearing San Francisco sneakers.

Holy shit do my knees feel better at the end of the day. I thought that they would be annoying but they didn't get in my way at all.

For the first time ever I started wearing San Francisco sneakers.

Holy shit do my knees feel better at the end of the day. I thought that they would be annoying but they didn't get in my way at all.
The fawk er those like slippers?
Didcha weavem outta beard fuz?

The fawk er those like slippers?
Didcha weavem outta beard fuz?

I think he means knee pads.

My knees are so wrecked I have the slip in ones in my work pants. I can't kneel on a hard surface for more than a couple minutes without padding or my knees will hurt for a couple days. Too long doing flooring and baseboard.

I wuz so not gunna go thar didn't think he swang that way, does have purdy hair now thatcha mention it, fawkn rig pigs!
I am always crawling around on my knees or kneeling, knees pads made a ton of difference over these past two days.

the Knee pads really really help but now you have to put up with all the comments from the other well digger workers with you about them. And it will be relentless

I bought fancy ones for when I did the flooring in the house.

Nope. Five minutes in, my knee replacements weren't having it. Scooted around with a milk crate for the whole job.

All two of my co-workers...lol.
I'll just make them required ppe:lmao: We talk shit and tease each other all day anyways what's one more thing?

I bought fancy ones for when I did the flooring in the house.

Nope. Five minutes in, my knee replacements weren't having it. Scooted around with a milk crate for the whole job.
I have bumps right below both of my knees, the doctor said that it's the bones. The one on my left is swollen and she said there's nothing that can be done about it, it has to heal itself. I can't put any weight on that one without the knee pad.

I have bumps right below both of my knees, the doctor said that it's the bones. The one on my left is swollen and she said there's nothing that can be done about it, it has to heal itself. I can't put any weight on that one without the knee pad.
I fought bad knees my whole life. I used a cane starting in middle school. At 26 I had both of them replaced. Absolute life changing, but I cannot kneel or squat down. My 6'4" fat ass has to bend over any time I need to get something off the ground. :homer:

I fought bad knees my whole life. I used a cane starting in middle school. At 26 I had both of them replaced. Absolute life changing, but I cannot kneel or squat down. My 6'4" fat ass has to bend over any time I need to get something off the ground. :homer:
That sucks to have that done so early in life. Mine isn't that bad just annoying.

*steps on soapbox

You should have started taking care of them a decade ago. You’re really going to start feeling it when you are older.

I’m not much older then you, and I’ve subjected my body to a horrific amount of abuse. Shit hurts, and it doesn’t stop hurting. Then other shit starts hurting because you’re babying the first thing you fucked up. Then it’s 15 years later, the pain is so bad that you finally decide to do something about it, and what would have been a simple reattach the tendon job when you first hurt yourself has turned into we need to reconstruct your entire rotator cuff and we have no idea how you are able to use that arm, or what’s keeping that arm in the socket. It’s fun being stupid and stubborn:lmao:

Looking back, I’d have listened any time an old timer told me “don’t do that you’ll regret it when you’re my age”. They were right, and I was wrong for thinking the only reason they are hurting now is they weren’t half as tough as me to begin with:homer:

*steps off soapbox
Every time I go to the doctor nothing wrong or we can't do anything for that. Whatever.

Flying over handle bars at 60 and catching the tree clamp on my kx250 and getting the other knee hit wit a snatch block probably aren't going to help my future too much.

I was backing a SxS into a spot in front of my office today.

A midget in the next spot (this part is unclear) either opened the door as I was backing up or I am a dumbass and just didn't see it.

But I crunched it pretty good, it now opens up extra wide.

They seemed unconcerned and told me it was fine.

The door still shuts fine and the body lines still look all straight.

I have never hit anyone else's car in my entire life, I still feel shitty about it.

Wait. You are in the same mini-mall as the midget wrestling place? This is awesome! :laughing:

I think the repetitive motions we put our bodies through every day at work do more of the breaking down of joints than incidents like that do. Yeah, the block to the knee is the straw that broke the camels back, but it wouldn’t have anywhere near the impact without you kneeling down 3000 times during the work day.

Took two days off of work after doing that (rolled it at 80mph and snapped a telephone pole off like 6’ off the ground) and partially tearing 2 ligaments in my knee. Slapped on a knee brace and figured I was good, doctor was stupid for saying 2 weeks off of work. I jumped down off of something, maybe 4’, fucking knee didn’t even think about holding, just immediately buckled and I face planted into the wall:homer: Two and a half years later and I still don’t walk right. I’m not what you’d call smart.
I have this same truck in my back yard.... but it's not rolled.

I think the repetitive motions we put our bodies through every day at work do more of the breaking down of joints than incidents like that do. Yeah, the block to the knee is the straw that broke the camels back, but it wouldn’t have anywhere near the impact without you kneeling down 3000 times during the work day.

A9C3AC7C-EF48-4E3D-ACAD-45F8BFFA1F37.jpeg
Took two days off of work after doing that (rolled it at 80mph and snapped a telephone pole off like 6’ off the ground) and partially tearing 2 ligaments in my knee. Slapped on a knee brace and figured I was good, doctor was stupid for saying 2 weeks off of work. I jumped down off of something, maybe 4’, fucking knee didn’t even think about holding, just immediately buckled and I face planted into the wall:homer: Two and a half years later and I still don’t walk right. I’m not what you’d call smart.

A wheeling buddy of mine worked at Ginter's for a bit doing fab stuff and lift/tire installs.

Jeep guy named Zach?

Yep. He and his dad used to put on wheeling events at Raceway Park by me, either tough truck races on the motocross track or they'd pile a bunch of concrete blocks and tubes and junk cars in the parking lot during test & tune days and have a bunch of people come rockcrawl on them. Used to be a bigger crowd around the wheeling area than in the stands :grinpimp:

He was an awesome dude the little bit I got to deal with him. Always had something cool in the parking lot too. Sea of bro dozers on 22”s and he’s got a crinkled tj on sd axles sitting next to them.

Brian was so excited when he hired him. “We’re going to do all this custom fabrication and 4x4 shit now”. 3 months later the only custom fabrication that happened was brackets to mount light bars on the newly lifted jks and trucks:lmao: Being primarily a body shop, that’s not what people bring stuff there for. They want show trucks. Anyone who’s building a buggy isn’t taking it to Brian’s. It’s just not his market. I wasn’t shocked when he left.

Kinda what I figured happened, I remember seeing a lot of promotion about it and then it just faded away and he moved on to something else. Haven't seen him since he moved out there but I follow the Budget Adventure Series that he puts on, and he was on that Truck Night in America show as well. Definitely dedicated to the wheeling community.

Top Back Refresh