What's new

Useless things about your day!

Tryn out some new fangled barrel liftn fangers today, fawk yeah I like.
IMG_3081.jpeg

Details on those? We occasionally get loads of barrels in at work that need to be straightened out and that might make it safer to do that...

Aaron Z

Details on those? We occasionally get loads of barrels in at work that need to be straightened out and that might make it safer to do that...

Aaron Z
Will do, I had the typical 2 tongd fawkrs but fella pulled those out and had no idea how thaw fawk they werkd....I gawt awl horny as a fukn teenager at Porkys fun hut, new tules ,gimme those. Told employer about so I will have a set soon, guessing by color possibly Irwin?

yeah some pics would be nice
I made some tongs outta angle iron, but they twisted a bunch first time I tried lifting a full barrel, set it back down before I made a mess

I got a free chevy s10 tailgate and drillpress chuck with a bit.
20211127_164232.jpg

I assume it's for a drill press since it's not threaded. The rest of the s10 bed was in the canal, but I couldn't see how to get it. Or how I was going to haul it in my suburban :laughing:.

instead of house things I went into work and put effort toward having a turbo on the DD again
free heat and a hoist makes me spoiled

Went to my friends house up in Cool and now my wife wants to sell our house and move there. I’d love to get out into the hills away from people. It would only be like 1.5 hour commute each way. Told her I’d be getting a super moto and got a big thumbs up 😄 I don’t see it happening, especially with the looming possible vacks requirement at work and newscums mandate for grade school kids to be jabbed too.

Went to my friends house up in Cool and now my wife wants to sell our house and move there. I’d love to get out into the hills away from people. It would only be like 1.5 hour commute each way. Told her I’d be getting a super moto and got a big thumbs up 😄 I don’t see it happening, especially with the looming possible vacks requirement at work and newscums mandate for grade school kids to be jabbed too.
That is a nice area. Depending on travel time, that is more like a 3 hour commute. Will be way worse in the next 2-3 years, they are on the way to adding 20-50k houses south of Folsom on 50.

Hey m92 you gotta see this one

There was one of those pneumatic drills for sale local (like all of New England) to me a few weeks or month back.

Not sure if it was the same shit but after seeing the video I'm 50% sure it was.

That is a nice area. Depending on travel time, that is more like a 3 hour commute. Will be way worse in the next 2-3 years, they are on the way to adding 20-50k houses south of Folsom on 50.
Fuck 50. We went up 80, cut over on 49 to 193. That was cake, 193 is pretty fucking tight back to back to back turns but holy fuck we went home 49 to Salmon Falls rd and that dumps out at Eldorado hills at 50. That felt like it took FOR-FUCKING-EVER! Never going that way again. I work in Vallejo. Looks like 110 miles from his house and 1:40 travel time right now. I would need to be in Vallejo at 4:30AM and be heading home at 2:30PM so wouldn’t be much traffic either direction. It’s all a pipe dream at this point but after spending time there, I’d like the kids to grow up outside the city(even though Benicia is pretty safe and nice)

Probably should be outside hunting right now. Season ends in like five days.

That being said, I've got the wood stove going, its 76 in here, coffee is good, kiddo is playing Legos, puppers at my feet. Its 20 degrees with a steady breeze outside. I think I'm just going to pussy out of it tonight.

Fuck 50. We went up 80, cut over on 49 to 193. That was cake, 193 is pretty fucking tight back to back to back turns but holy fuck we went home 49 to Salmon Falls rd and that dumps out at Eldorado hills at 50. That felt like it took FOR-FUCKING-EVER! Never going that way again. I work in Vallejo. Looks like 110 miles from his house and 1:40 travel time right now. I would need to be in Vallejo at 4:30AM and be heading home at 2:30PM so wouldn’t be much traffic either direction. It’s all a pipe dream at this point but after spending time there, I’d like the kids to grow up outside the city(even though Benicia is pretty safe and nice)
you just need a more entertaining car.

some of the best driving I've ever experienced round those parts.

Clean all the mud out, change bearing, seal, wheel cyl. All to go mud bog it again.

Attachments

• 08902768-3586-4128-A174-0A79B9A046B8.jpeg
    08902768-3586-4128-A174-0A79B9A046B8.jpeg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 36
So my buddy and I made plans to pick up some logs for the sawmill today. Rented a uhaul trailer and got on the highway and instantly ran into issues when we found a free log splitter with a broken off axle and leaking gas tank on the side of the highway and we were obligated to take it to my house for repairs.

d1c758db-c6ac-4650-9fa8-8a035fb3a00c.jpg

8b5bda6d-d964-4d09-b79f-a8e5ce7d3302.jpg

af2d36e1-664b-472a-a182-454f7eefc80c.jpg

So then we dragged out asses to where the logs were and loaded them up. My buddy bought a set of log skidding tongs. The worked better than I figured they were gonna. I thought we were gonna have to choker chain everything but this was able to do the job fine.

2e33063f-208f-40c7-bf85-b7e4845ac6ba.jpg

We towed that with a his '14ish Outback, which did just fine at any speed we cared to go. I'm trying to convince him to let me install a trans cooler because I'm sure the CVT doesn't like doing that shit even if only one or two days a month.

ed8fa727-f939-486a-9e93-eaf53c071b63.jpg

Unloading was basically reverse of installation. We dragged them off then stuck a screw eye in the end and lifted them high enough with the farm jack we could stick the dolly from my lathe move under the middle of the logs and push them over to the sawmill. Sorry no pics as it was getting dark by then.

969b5517-dbaf-4eea-a59e-403ca46d4505.jpg

Oh, and the burn barrel works great. It'll be getting a workout as we mill these since they're kinda rotten on the down side (pine, so they rot from outside in) and all that trash is gonna get burnt.

82873e89-183b-4c22-ae28-f000e210eab5.jpg

Oh and if anyone local has a small skid steer or asphalt roller sized equipment trailer they'd like to trade for a log splitter hit me up. Gently used, only crashed once.

I have a skid trailer I would trade for it. Do you deliver to Kansas?

I have a skid trailer I would trade for it. Do you deliver to Kansas?
No, but to update on the burn barrel, after we burned all the paint off we found that it had some chinese characters and "industry use only" written under the blue paint. :laughing:

One of the dirt bike clubs I'm in had their annual fall trail ride this weekend.

I had picked up this Oset 20r for the step daughter and she seemed to enjoy ripping around the yard on it, but this was the first time riding actual trail (mostly grass track but they have a short stretch of single-track in the woods for the kids too). Other than poor battery life, she looked to be having fun out there. Even won the match time thing our club does for the kids (we time a few laps for each kid and the most consistant time wins)

20210117_140831-L.jpg

FB_IMG_1638205307980-XL.jpg

On my Beta, I swapped out the stock carb for a Lectron and after a float adjustment all was well. I replaced the stocker because I kept getting trash in the float bowl which would cause the needle to hang up and hold it wide open. Not fun in the woods. I had cleaned the tank, inline fuel filters, new hoses rerouted up instead of down, couldn't solve it. Just kept getting small bits of sand/grit in there. Can't imagine that was good for the top end either but it isn't making bad noises yet :flipoff2:

One of the dirt bike clubs I'm in had their annual fall trail ride this weekend.

I had picked up this Oset 20r for the step daughter and she seemed to enjoy ripping around the yard on it, but this was the first time riding actual trail (mostly grass track but they have a short stretch of single-track in the woods for the kids too). Other than poor battery life, she looked to be having fun out there. Even won the match time thing our club does for the kids (we time a few laps for each kid and the most consistant time wins)

20210117_140831-L.jpg

FB_IMG_1638205307980-XL.jpg

On my Beta, I swapped out the stock carb for a Lectron and after a float adjustment all was well. I replaced the stocker because I kept getting trash in the float bowl which would cause the needle to hang up and hold it wide open. Not fun in the woods. I had cleaned the tank, inline fuel filters, new hoses rerouted up instead of down, couldn't solve it. Just kept getting small bits of sand/grit in there. Can't imagine that was good for the top end either but it isn't making bad noises yet :flipoff2:
Shitty sand casting flushing itself out?

Shitty sand casting flushing itself out?

Not sure but I'd think if that was the case it would have solved itself by now considering the bike is a 17 . I've seen on various Facebook people having the exact same issue and nobody has come up with a reason why.

At least if it happens with the Lectron the float bowl is clear so it'll be easy to diagnose :laughing:

Not sure but I'd think if that was the case it would have solved itself by now considering the bike is a 17 . I've seen on various Facebook people having the exact same issue and nobody has come up with a reason why.

At least if it happens with the Lectron the float bowl is clear so it'll be easy to diagnose :laughing:
I would think if you flushed the tank and had an in-line filter, shit in the carb itself would be the only possible cause. I’d love a lectron but I don’t ride enough and with enough elevation changes to make it worth the cost.

I've now tried this mexican food concoction called a tamale
it was pretty good, corn tortilla paste type stuff and meat

Got a feeling that I'd eat enough of them that I'd feel sick.

Lectron's, still sucking after all these years. An inline filter would have been a much better choice than drinking that koolaid.

I've had a lectron in my Husky since 2012 and other than a warped float bowl it has been flawless and never needs to be adjusted (whereas the stock TMXX carb from that bike would need tweaking if the wind changed direction). Bike got better fuel mileage as well but that may have been from being more on point with the jetting vs constantly chasing it around.

And I've been through at least 5 inline filters and the problem still persisted with stock PWK. Suspected it may be sucking in debris from vent lines but even ran in to the airbox the problem persisted.

Never had this issue before on anything in the 10 ish years I've been riding :confused:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh