What's new

Useless things about your day!

That thing looks tiny. The 4160v must really help shrink its size. What does it go on? What went wrong with it? How did they notice it was bad?

My cone crushers have a 400hp 460v motors. They look way bigger than that guy. Hopefully they get you fixed up and back running in a quick hurry. :flipoff2:

Edit: You need to watch that YouTube video of that foreign dude and how he takes care of the tails on his straps. I have started using his method and it’s awesome. I have yet to have one come loose. So awesome my employees want me to show them how I do it every time we strap shit down. :lmao:

It's on a Metso HP400, should be pretty close to the same size as a heavy duty 400 HP 460V except for the pecker head. Nice thing about having a hammer primary is even though we lost our secondary.

It started vibrating the platform it is mounted on like crazy. Initially I thought the quarry got some clay packed into the cone but after checking everything on that side we pulled the belts and it was still vibrating so we pulled the motor and after checking the sheave and bushing decided we had a motor problem. They pulled it apart and found out we melted the filler bars in the rotor.

Dunno what foreign dude you watched but this is how I deal with tails.

I seen it on here.

1BD9B4D5-6F02-4028-83AA-B28538248446.jpeg

It's on a Metso HP400, should be pretty close to the same size as a heavy duty 400 HP 460V except for the pecker head. Nice thing about having a hammer primary is even though we lost our secondary.

It started vibrating the platform it is mounted on like crazy. Initially I thought the quarry got some clay packed into the cone but after checking everything on that side we pulled the belts and it was still vibrating so we pulled the motor and after checking the sheave and bushing decided we had a motor problem. They pulled it apart and found out we melted the filler bars in the rotor.
That stinks. Must be in a stationary application if your using 4160v.

How do you like the hp cones? I have never had one. I got 2 h6000’s and a 54” eljay. I like the 6000’s big and tough cones. They can put a lot of power into the hard rock we have up here. Designed and used to built in Wisconsin fo Wisconsin’s hard rock. They are not as productive as a hp400 but my jaws are limiting my production at this time anyway.

That stinks. Must be in a stationary application if your using 4160v.

How do you like the hp cones? I have never had one. I got 2 h6000’s and a 54” eljay. I like the 6000’s big and tough cones. They can put a lot of power into the hard rock we have up here. Designed and used to built in Wisconsin fo Wisconsin’s hard rock. They are not as productive as a hp400 but my jaws are limiting my production at this time anyway.

Good news is I don't have to drive to Idaho to pick up a new one.

It's been a good crusher, we feed it limestone and up to this point we haven't had to do much. We aren't really a good judge as we get a couple of years out of a bowl and liner. My brother inlaw was getting a month out of his cones on HP500s when he ran a granite quarry down by Cheyenne. He still likes them enough that he is buying a 2 new HP4s for his current quarry. The new HPs are cool because they don't require backer behind the bowl. Not sure how they do it but you could probably get a cone change down to a couple hours without backer.

Another tree bucked up an split. Dug out a drainage ditch where I'm clearing. I'm tired. Early night tonight.

I always wrap the tail around the handle two times to keep it from possibly "popping", then bundle it up and wedge it between the strap and the bed. :homer:

Make a big loop, wrap it around the handle looping it through itself and pull tight. Ain't nobody go time for all that fancy rolling up shit.

I have a set of ratchet straps that is cutoff at ~12 feet, its mostly used on the 6x10 landscape trailer as there isn't much sense in using a 20' strap to go across a 6' wide trailer.

Aaron Z

For straps that only have one use, I'll cut em down. Holding my toolbox up against the bulkhead, tensioning a spare tire, etc. The rest I roll and bundle like panzer video shows.

For a few months now I've checked every morning to see if the HF sawmill is back in stock. Today it is so I bought one. I'm now ~$2500 poorer but at least these things hold value.

Turned out to be a bit of a hero this morning. Wife called from CVS. Car won't start. Lights flicker on and off, but no start.

Battery.

Clock out, drive down. I've been fighting corroded terminals for awhile now. I cleaned them up about a month ago. They're back to looking like a bad case of STDs again. Cleaned em up with the file on my Leatherman. Tightened everything down. Fired right up.

So looks like I'm swapping out a battery tonight when I get home. Not sure if the new battery will cure the corroding issue I've been having.

Turned out to be a bit of a hero this morning. Wife called from CVS. Car won't start. Lights flicker on and off, but no start.

Battery.

Clock out, drive down. I've been fighting corroded terminals for awhile now. I cleaned them up about a month ago. They're back to looking like a bad case of STDs again. Cleaned em up with the file on my Leatherman. Tightened everything down. Fired right up.

So looks like I'm swapping out a battery tonight when I get home. Not sure if the new battery will cure the corroding issue I've been having.
Check around the terminal carefully and see if it's cracked.
That's usually what causes the nasty corrosion.

corrosion x is your friend for battery terminals.

Battery.

this the stupid volvo thing?
make sure the battery vent is hooked up so that it is venting outside the trunk

silicone grease on the cleaned post and terminal

Check around the terminal carefully and see if it's cracked.
That's usually what causes the nasty corrosion.

corrosion x is your friend for battery terminals.

this the stupid volvo thing?
make sure the battery vent is hooked up so that it is venting outside the trunk

silicone grease on the cleaned post and terminal
2005 Ford Freestyle

I used the cleaning tool and battery terminal cleaner probably six weeks ago. Everything looked brand new.

I'll try the silicone grease. That battery is hammered though. You can tell its been there for awhile. I got what I could out of it.

grease won't stop it corroding if the case is cracked around the terminal.
the acid wicks up and bam, nasty green shit.

I was just suggesting for the new one.

Its Ford's version of an XC90 but with a CVT and the battery under the hood.

Aaron Z
Its a solid car. I like it. Low mileage. Got a great deal on it. Wife likes it.

Its a solid car. I like it. Low mileage. Got a great deal on it. Wife likes it.
I am on my 2nd Taurus X (newer motor, 6 speed transmission vs CVT, different trim otherwise the same vehicle) and like the platform as well.
Had a 2008 with over 200k miles on it, now have a 2009 with ~130k miles on it.

Aaron Z

I am on my 2nd Taurus X (newer motor, 6 speed transmission vs CVT, different trim otherwise the same vehicle) and like the platform as well.
Had a 2008 with over 200k miles on it, now have a 2009 with ~130k miles on it.

Aaron Z
Yea, its not bad. Great dad-wagon.

Got my kids a tri-zinger. The bigger one (3) was ripping it around doing pretty good untill i noticed him going wide open towards the stairs and house frantically trying to get his little fingers on The brakes. I ran after him and was able to barely grab the handle bars, it flibbed him over and the head of the motor crashed into my shin. Legs all swollen, wrist and back hurts, and my kids pissed im not letting him ride it more while i ice my leg
Screenshot_20210925-113025_Gallery.jpg
20210925_113006.jpg

Top Back Refresh