What's new

Useless things about your day!

no reason not to worry about freezing the shit if it happens to show up, then worry about buying a grinder next year because nothing ended up wandering by the bucket of donuts

ETA: holy shit do I even speak english? fuckin' leaving that mess there
Oddly enough I completely understood that.

One of the guys I work with has hunted bear before and he said it’s hard to find a butcher around that will process the bear meat because apparently it goes bad really quick compared to other animals.

One of the guys I work with has hunted bear before and he said it’s hard to find a butcher around that will process the bear meat because apparently it goes bad really quick compared to other animals.
Just cut your own meat. Odds are most people bone out a large percentage in the field if they have more than a mile or so pack out. So you’re part way done by the time you get home. If you hunt you probably have a chest freezer and maybe an extra fridge. I have enough coolers to fit an elks worth of meat in, ish. Get it home and start cutting. Want to try and build a cold room under my house to have a place to age meat as well. But for now if its to warm to hang it, it gets cut up, wrapped and stuck in a freezer. Pro tip if you buy or slaughter a pig keep or ask them for the fat so you can have fat to mix in for burger.

It's because of the trichinosis. Bear doesn't cool any slower than deer or elk.

Does anyone recall which thread it was that had a bunch of good Dana 70 tech?

I picked up my bear skull from spring 2020 today. When I lay the rug out on my 84" wide flatdeck, the front claws touch each side rail. That's a 30-06 shell for size reference.

20210915_191736.jpg

20210915_191649.jpg

20210915_191707.jpg

Went to a Grocery store, happened to see Blue Diamond almonds in a can were on sale, I like the habanero bbq ones, then I saw Carolina reaper and Ghost pepper flavored ones so I bought those 3 flavors for a taste test. Just tried the Carolina reaper ones so far. They're tasty. Left my lips burning which was weird because I did not eat them with my lips. :laughing:

Been seeing signs signalling a time for change.

Thank you Pirate and Irate. Wish you all the best and cannot thank you enough for what you've done for me.

DMG, will get the mower to ya.

Thank you Pirate and Irate. Wish you all the best and cannot thank you enough for what you've done for me.

did you just break up with us? :laughing:

Spent an hour in the deer stand after work yesterday. Bear barrel was knocked over. I got the deer cam 10' away from it. No pictures or videos. So no idea when Yogi showed up. damnit

digging goes a lot faster when you accidentally knock the post that was in your way out from under the house and it doesn't collapse, so you can just go ahead and dig

6" channel was bowed about an inch in the middle of the 10' span lol
bottle jack atop a house jack post to lift the house back up and get the post back in there after the dirt had been moved

Guess all that's to say progress comes easy once you get the fuck over the crippling self doubt

Fucking at&t :mad3:. I buy my phones unlocked from the internet/best buy like a normal person and haven't bought their overpriced crap in a decade. For some reason they think I'm still running a 3g phone so they send me a new Samsung something and a sim card to bring me out of the stone age. Lady at customer support says to just keep the new phone, activate the new sim, and stick it in my old ~2 year old phone which runs fine on 4g.

Long story short I now have two dead sim cards and no working phone. Dicked around on customer support for half an hour to get the new card working on the 'new' phone, but at&t locked it up the minute I put it back in my old phone.

I hate walking into that place, buy I hate new phones more. Tomorrow afternoon will be fun

I don't get the phone issues you guys are having. I've outright bought every phone my family owns all the way up through my pixel 5 and my wife's iphone 11. I just call up verizon and tell them I want to activate the phone and then give them the info they need.

I also have my work's AT&T sim in my pixel 5 as well so I don't have to carry two phones. Same deal, except they told me just to pull the sim card out of my work phone and put it in the new phone.

Yeah, but that means under wear are stinky, not a sign to ditch your e-friends.

Got an email from "McAfee" today thanking me for renewing a $350 subscription I don't have with a Visa card I don't have.

Of course I called the number right away. I clearly woke the dude up and we got right to work confirming the PII details on the account. I guess 420-69-1337 is not the SSN on the account because he hung up on me after that. :laughing:

Sounds dumb, but haven't logged on to a computer after dinner at all this week. I find myself in bed around 930. Honestly, its a nice change of pace. Forever I'd stay logged in playing a game or going down a YouTube rabbit hole until midnight.

Should migrate into the garage and clean up the place instead. Or find a new hobby to get into that has me sitting at a workbench tinkering a bit.

As far as my day today...framing and standing 16' tall walls, for a hoarding around a temporary lift. So in a pit. And it's supposed to rain 50mm today. 2" of rain. So that will be nice. After work driving up island to drop off a load of firewood I cut last night for mum and dad.

Pretty big. Didn't weigh it, just cut it up and ate it. Got a bunch of video of it slugging it out with another bear for 20 minutes or so before I shot him.
That's awesome man. I've got bears at my barrel, but the cam isn't picking them up. I need to spend some time out there. Neat pic.

That's awesome man. I've got bears at my barrel, but the cam isn't picking them up. I need to spend some time out there. Neat pic.

Back your camera up a bit, 10' might be too close to trigger correctly. Did you test it by triggering it yourself by the barrel?

Back your camera up a bit, 10' might be too close to trigger correctly. Did you test it by triggering it yourself by the barrel?
I did that, and a branch swinging in the wind set it off. :laughing: That's why I moved it back to the tree I had it on last year. It worked awesome then.

Not sure what the deal is. I'll have to play around with it. It registers when I open it up. I'll stand in front of it and see what it picks up.

I don't care for this one either. Any time I open the settings on it, it lets out a BRNGGBRNNGGGG noise.

I forget what the term is.

Blown motor that at idle rpms range high, then low, high, then low. There's a word for it.

Strange question I know.

I forget what the term is.

Blown motor that at idle rpms range high, then low, high, then low. There's a word for it.

Strange question I know.
Blower surge?

Poor tuning?

3/4 race cam?

Faulty IAC valve?

mjlogan88 Blower Surge

That's the one. Was right on the tip of my tongue. Was outside for a minute and heard it. It was bugging me I couldn't come up with those two words. :homer: :laughing:

water got in the basement
spent a few hours shovelling pudding out because that shit ain't never gonna dry and I just wanna get 8 more fucking feet of footing in that ****

got fans going, we'll see what it looks like in a couple days

Top Back Refresh