What's new

Useless things about your day!

The kid just has total control. Still uses a bottle and binky. Breaks freaking everything. Arms flailing. Screaming. Yelling. They just sit and watch. Christmas time he opens everyone's presents. Parents just sit there.

This is not possible in my world. I would whip the parents and then the kid and they would never be allowed back.

That’s usually the ticket.

My worst luck is with cotter pins. I got a big bin of them from my grandfather when he died. His whole collection from 20+ years as a machinist. I can only find it after I give up looking, drive to the hardware store, buy what I need plus a bunch of extras, and wrap up my project. I take my extras and go looking for a good place to put them so I can find them next time, find that damn bin in my spot, toss the new ones in, then completely blank on where I decided to keep them as soon as I walk away.

I don’t think I’ve managed to use any of grandpa’s cotter pins, but I’ve added plenty more to the collection
I do that with bolts, washers, and nuts.

My wife called me today to let me know the DS wheel fell off the damn truck she was driving. :eek:

She is fine and the truck isn't hurt but holy shit. I think it was over torqued aftermarket BS wheels that caused the wheel studs to fail. She said it went from "what's that, better pull over to "HFS!" real quick.

My wife called me today to let me know the DS wheel fell off the damn truck she was driving. :eek:

She is fine and the truck isn't hurt but holy shit. I think it was over torqued aftermarket BS wheels that caused the wheel studs to fail. She said it went from "what's that, better pull over to "HFS!" real quick.
Well fuck, any recently work done to that side?

Ime loose lug nuts cause broken studs, weather the nuts were wrong or corrosion on the hub between the wheel and hub not letting it be fully seated. Another issue is studs not being fully installed.

Power has been out since 9:30 last night. DTE finally gave us a restoration estimate of 11:30 TOMORROW night. So after dinner we got $20 worth of ice and stuffed the entire contents of or fridge and freezer in coolers. We had literally just finished and “beep” power comes back.

😣

Just got back from Atlantis, bahamas for a bachelor party. Since 7am Thursday morning I think ive accumulated about 10 hours of sleep, wasnt a time I didnt have a drink in my hand.

Not hung over, but felt like I got hit by a truck. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Tomorrow is going to suck.

Another week, another notice from the hospital about an unpaid bill that I already paid.

now it's reached final notice and we're sending you to collections soon.

I swear to fuck that if I get sent to collections after I paid bills, and provided them said proof multiple times, I'm gonna flip the fuck out.

Well fuck, any recently work done to that side?

Ime loose lug nuts cause broken studs, weather the nuts were wrong or corrosion on the hub between the wheel and hub not letting it be fully seated. Another issue is studs not being fully installed.
No work has been done on it recently and I have driven it around a few times with no issues. I have had all of the wheel on and off of that truck and another one. It has aftermarket aluminum wheels that I can't stand and they were the next thing to be replaced. I put a new DS caliper on it last year. The guy who called the tow truck for my wife and the tow truck driver think they were over torqued. I think they came loose and sheared the studs. If you look at the wheel you can see where the threads wobbled the holes out of round in the aluminum and left thread marks. Sheared studs don't do that. The wheel rode on the hub until that last bump and it all came loose. My wife said it went from "gotta pull over to see what that is" to "Oh shit" really quick.

I admit that I snug things down goodentight, but I didn't wring them out. I'll probably never know what really caused it. I found the last stud handing on by a thread when I got there. They all sheared right at the surface of the wheel hub.

No work has been done on it recently and I have driven it around a few times with no issues. I have had all of the wheel on and off of that truck and another one. It has aftermarket aluminum wheels that I can't stand and they were the next thing to be replaced. I put a new DS caliper on it last year. The guy who called the tow truck for my wife and the tow truck driver think they were over torqued. I think they came loose and sheared the studs. If you look at the wheel you can see where the threads wobbled the holes out of round in the aluminum and left thread marks. Sheared studs don't do that. The wheel rode on the hub until that last bump and it all came loose. My wife said it went from "gotta pull over to see what that is" to "Oh shit" really quick.

I admit that I snug things down goodentight, but I didn't wring them out. I'll probably never know what really caused it. I found the last stud handing on by a thread when I got there. They all sheared right at the surface of the wheel hub.
I had a rh front do that on my dodge, in middle of winter on molas pass abovr durango last yr, found all the lugs on whole truck loose, no indication of anything till went around corner and a couple shakes and boom front hit ground and wheel went sailing off the edge of pass like 300 ft down, with my son and then wife in truck. Trip to dgo for new studs and a lot of winch line thrown over the side to recover the wheel and tire. After a good deal of checking i found evedince on security cameras at my house of someone loosing the lugs up all around, about 9 months later after divorceing wife for being a cheating whore heard thru grapevine that the fucktard she was cheating on me with bragged about being the one to loosen them.
weather its true or not i have video proof they were tampered with. Couldnt ever see face or anything facial to 100% prove was him.

D93D8278-61CB-4014-B16C-92B1C7DD38DE.jpeg
We get some odd stuff in the rag boxes at work.

I had a rh front do that on my dodge, in middle of winter on molas pass abovr durango last yr, found all the lugs on whole truck loose, no indication of anything till went around corner and a couple shakes and boom front hit ground and wheel went sailing off the edge of pass like 300 ft down, with my son and then wife in truck. Trip to dgo for new studs and a lot of winch line thrown over the side to recover the wheel and tire. After a good deal of checking i found evedince on security cameras at my house of someone loosing the lugs up all around, about 9 months later after divorceing wife for being a cheating whore heard thru grapevine that the fucktard she was cheating on me with bragged about being the one to loosen them.
weather its true or not i have video proof they were tampered with. Couldnt ever see face or anything facial to 100% prove was him.
That's Really Fucked.

The three times I've had a wheel fall off it was my fault.

One was my k10 lug centric wheel, I was in a hurry and installed it wrong.

The other time was on a hub centric rear dual, there was build up on the axle hub that I didn't notice, actually I just supervised, it only lasted a week. The third was the same rear dual corrosion was still not letting the rim sit flush and turns out that the rim was badly bent:homer: that lasted 30-40k miles.

The other time was on a hub centric rear dual, there was build up on the axle hub that I didn't notice, actually I just supervised, it only lasted a week. The third was the same rear dual corrosion was still not letting the rim sit flush and turns out that the rim was badly bent:homer: that lasted 30-40k miles.
heh turns out my ford has little nipples on the inside of the wheel flange that fit in holes in the drum
no idea why because they also have a spring pin that sticks out 1" from the hub that goes through a hole in both wheels so the valve stems are lined up right
anyways, one hub is missing that spring pin, so I was able to put the wheel on with the nub not in the hole, meaning the wheels were flopping around about 1" on the outside of the tread
I never noticed, someone pointed it out to me at a stoplight that my RR wheels were flapping in the breeze lol
lugs were tight so I drove it home and took it apart to figure out what the fuck happened

D93D8278-61CB-4014-B16C-92B1C7DD38DE.jpeg
We get some odd stuff in the rag boxes at work.
Buddies parents own a laundromat and he gets all the left over clothes to use as rags. One t shirt had a bunch of hands with middle fingers all over it. I think he was going to send it to Lance

my wife is always telling me one day I'm gonna get fat because I have a cookie problem.
weighed myself today to prove the point.
I've lost ten lbs.
fuck.
I didn't have ten extra to lose.

also, my wife is super fucking mad that I've lost ten lbs and eat cookies all night.

Picked up a pile of rough cut larch today to redeck the trailer I picked up.
8x22+2 9990 GVWR deck over:
IMG_20210719_204336906~2.jpg

Aaron Z
Fun fact:

The Larch was hitlers favorite tree. There is a forest with a swastikas' shape planted with larch trees in a pine forest.

They turn a golden yellow in the fall while the pines stay green and the beauty of it is that its only visible from the air.

My useless thing about today?

My coworkers.

Last edited:
my wife is always telling me one day I'm gonna get fat because I have a cookie problem.
I've lost ten lbs.
fuck.

also, my wife is super fucking mad that I've lost ten lbs and eat cookies all night.
Years ago my wife had me get my cholesterol checked because I eat whatever I wanted and never gained any weight. Got it done, sent her a screenshot of the results because I didn’t know what was high or what. She simply replied with “fuck you” :lmao: apparently it was perfect

Years ago my wife had me get my cholesterol checked because I eat whatever I wanted and never gained any weight. Got it done, sent her a screenshot of the results because I didn’t know what was high or what. She simply replied with “fuck you” :lmao: apparently it was perfect
we had a health screening for benefits a while ago.

my cholesterol was lower than the accepted range on their little data input doohickey.
so was my body fat.

dude was like "wow, you must be an athlete"
nope, I eat cookies at night bud.
He was an overweight guy with a giant belly. Looked like he was pissed too.

suck it fatties, I'm just trying to maintain 130lbs here and it's not working.
I guess I need to eat more ice cream.
:flipoff2:

my cholesterol was lower than the accepted range on their little data input doohickey.
so was my body fat.

That's called hypoglycemia, not being healthy :flipoff2:.

so was my body fat.

130?! Wow. How tall are you? I’m 5’10” and was 155-165 most of my life. Finally started gaining weight about 2 years ago and I’m 185 or so but I’m not very active at all.

Contractors came by this morning. Took them about 6 hours to put metal screen over the giant hole under the tub, fix the drain piping from the sink and the drain for the toilet. I’m sooo glad I decided to pursue getting them to fix it rather than do it myself.

That's called hypoglycemia, not being healthy :flipoff2:.

recently had a shit ton of bloodwork done.
I'm healthy apparently.

130?! Wow. How tall are you? I’m 5’10” and was 155-165 most of my life. Finally started gaining weight about 2 years ago and I’m 185 or so but I’m not very active at all.
5'10"
130 is where i've been since 16.

I've lost ten lbs.
fuck.

I cream. I'd eat a container of ice cream a night. It was so bad. Done pretty well for about a month now.

I haven't weighed 130 since junior high. :flipoff2:

6'4 230

I've lost ten lbs.
fuck.

rofl
I'm down around 140 nowadays
really gotta get around to eating more, just never remember to

49, 5’7 150ish since high school 90’s. Eat cause i need to, not necessarily cause i want to, but then its meat & taters, followed by wtf ever. Lifestyle keeps the metabolism busy.

Gotta love breaking a solid 17 inch 4140 shaft. Sadly we are good enough at replacing these that we should have this job finished in 2 days without OT.

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_110257.jpg
    IMG_20210727_110257.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
Top Back Refresh