What's new

Useless things about your day!

Looks like I'm about to get fucked again for another year for taking time off.

Kiddo is going to be gone in a few weeks, looking to take a few days off on the bike.

Boss says they'll have to think about it. Well, any other time my wife will have to get the kiddo so it won't work. He's gone this particular week I put in for.

Every year this happens. I end up able to take time off in October when its 30º and I'm on motorcycle trip.

Kiddo is going to be gone in a few weeks, looking to take a few days off on the bike.

Boss says they'll have to think about it. Well, any other time my wife will have to get the kiddo so it won't work. He's gone this particular week I put in for.

Every year this happens. I end up able to take time off in October when its 30º and I'm on motorcycle trip.
You need to find a better gig.

You need to find a better gig.
We've been through this. I'm stuck here until I can find someone else to fork out almost a $1mil a year to pay for my meds.

756745662.png

:laughing:

put in for time at the beginning of the year, not way to deny it then.

put in for time at the beginning of the year, not way to deny it then.
Yea, but there are so many variables. I used to do that, then that particular week something's come up and I'm unable to go anywhere. I figure a few weeks notice should be fine. Hell, we have people that call in a half hour before they're supposed to be here to let us know they're taking a few days off.

Yea, but there are so many variables. I used to do that, then that particular week something's come up and I'm unable to go anywhere. I figure a few weeks notice should be fine. Hell, we have people that call in a half hour before they're supposed to be here to let us know they're taking a few days off.

what does the manual say? someone else already have the time off?

Somewhere along the way I missed the memo that they changed consumer R134a cans to self-sealing instead of piercing, and my refill hoses no longer work :frown: not a huge deal, just means my truck gets to go another day without A/C until I get a new hose or an adapter fitting. Surprised I never heard about that change.

Honestly probably not a bad thing as the old cans were kind of annoying in that you couldn't remove them without venting the whole thing.

Fuckin epa, I guess they think that can won’t vent when it gets crushed in a garbage truck or at the scrapyard. Sure am glad they waste so much saving the ozone layer! :mad3: I hoped the manifold set I just bought would be compatible with the new shit but nope!

what does the manual say? someone else already have the time off?
Looking around, its pay scale. I'm not sure what the line is, but I haven't reached it yet. If you make enough, you can come and go as you please. You can even go shopping on the clock and not be bothered. "comp time" I believe is the phrase that gets tossed around.

as for time off that week, calendar doesn't say anything.

most employee manuals say time off has to be submitted "xx days before first day off" if you are within those rules and there is no one else off, id push as to why.

most employee manuals say time off has to be submitted "xx days before first day off" if you are within those rules and there is no one else off, id push as to why.
That Friday is out busiest day of the year. I thought I was in the clear for Mon, Tues, and Wed. Apparently not?

I'm not sure what to expect that week, so I need you here.

It will be 15m of actual work as always those three days.

New Yorkers are so conditioned to wearing a mask, it's not even funny. Wasnt king cummo suppose to make a decree on that today?

Your toddler doesnt need a mask :homer:

Your toddler doesnt need a mask :homer:
I'm one step away from proposing to the Indoctrination Daycare Center I'm about to send my kid to that perhaps they could handcuff the kids. No touching sharp objects. No touch each other to pass off dirty germs. That sort of thing. Just cuff all the kids and stick them into plexiglass containers.

We have to sign sheets and get them approved. I've got over 300 hours of vacation time. At 350 I cap out and start losing it.

Saw this guy parking in the plaza today.

He caught my eye as he pulled an oil collecting bucket out and placed it under his motor before he walked away

One one hand I thought it was nice of him to make sure he doesnt leave a puddle of oil wherever he parks, the other was how about just fixing the leak?

That bed doesn't seem lined up real good anymore.

Scary thing is it has out of state tags on it.

PXL_20210615_152719953.jpg

He caught my eye as he pulled an oil collecting bucket out and placed it under his motor before he walked away

One one hand I thought it was nice of him to make sure he doesnt leave a puddle of oil wherever he parks, the other was how about just fixing the leak?

I see nothing wrong here. Looks like the bed got used hard a time or two.

I'm one step away from proposing to the Indoctrination Daycare Center I'm about to send my kid to that perhaps they could handcuff the kids. No touching sharp objects. No touch each other to pass off dirty germs. That sort of thing. Just cuff all the kids and stick them into plexiglass containers.
We have a new system at work.

Facial scanner, green light, then you push a button and scan your badge to get in.

You push a button.

Push a button.

A button, everyone pushes the same friggin button.

Who the hell thought this up?

We have a new system at work.

Facial scanner, green light, then you push a button and scan your badge to get in.

You push a button.

Push a button.

A button, everyone pushes the same friggin button.

Who the hell thought this up?
It doesn't matter because the whole thing was a sham! :lmao:

PXL_20210615_152719953.jpg
It's a 7.3. The oil pan is rotted. To change the oil pan the motor needs to be lifted. Bucket and oil are cheaper.

It's a 7.3. The oil pan is rotted. To change the oil pan the motor needs to be lifted. Bucket and oil are cheaper.
They said that about my Dad's 5.4 too. It had rotted out. No idea how, but he found a place that said they can do it with cranking up on the motor with an engine lift without unbolting anything. They slapped on a new pan.

For $200 for the entire job. I don't know what shady shit was going on, but its held up for something like ten years and no issues.

They said that about my Dad's 5.4 too. It had rotted out. No idea how, but he found a place that said they can do it with cranking up on the motor with an engine lift without unbolting anything. They slapped on a new pan.

For $200 for the entire job. I don't know what shady shit was going on, but its held up for something like ten years and no issues.
There's a lot more involved with the 7.3. It's part of the reason I got rid of mine.

You all made this happen.

I fully believe Mom had the best burrito in the land. A few of you got to try it.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20210615-180547.png

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh