What's new

Useless things about your day!

I had the Maverick wrapped yesterday, it came out really fucking nice.

I am going to have the wheels sprayed the same red as is in the graphics

mav wrapped.jpg

Had an older woman in here, paying a couple grand in cash. Just sold her car on CL. Said she was all worried about the deal because she didn't want to end up like George Floyd.

wat

Was supposed to fly out to WA to pick up a vehicle this morning. Me and my step son get to the airport and the kiosk cant find our reservation. I think no bid deal, booked the flights late wednesday night. Come to find out i screwed up and booked for next friday.

Go home and figure i might as well go to work since it is 6am. Take my wife's audi into work because I loaned my truck out for the day since i wasnt supposed to be home, go out at noon to enjoy some sun and see it is no longer in the parking lot.

It feels pretty shitty to have a vehicle stolen

Was supposed to fly out to WA to pick up a vehicle this morning. Me and my step son get to the airport and the kiosk cant find our reservation. I think no bid deal, booked the flights late wednesday night. Come to find out i screwed up and booked for next friday.

Go home and figure i might as well go to work since it is 6am. Take my wife's audi into work because I loaned my truck out for the day since i wasnt supposed to be home, go out at noon to enjoy some sun and see it is no longer in the parking lot.

That’s FUCKED!…..does your wife have another set of keys and came to get it without telling you?

Yes it does. That fucking sucks balls. Sounds like it was a punch in the face with a kick in the dick sort of day for you. Hope it gets sorted easy enough.

Last edited:
skidsteer was sputtering on an incline
fuel gauge sender's been broken for the whole time I've owned it
figure its outta juice, so I stick a 15 gallon cube on the roof and start the siphon (little tiny 3/8" OD poly line)

look out there an hour later and it's still going, then notice the puddle underneath
Bout 4 gallons of transmission oil on the driveway. Fuck.

Set up the air compressor and drag out the vacuum-ejector equipped tank of fluid sucking to suck up most of it
spread the clumpy mess of what wasn't suck uppable over the rest of the driveway, it'd been getting real fucking dusty anyways.

Yes it does. That fucking sucks balls. Sounds like it was a punch in the face with a lick in the dick sort of day for you. Hope it gets sorted easy enough.
That’s FUCKED!…..does your wife have another set of keys and came to get it without telling you?
Thought it was a friend messing with me at first. Unfortunately it wasn’t.

Heading to town I saw a semi with a full grain trailer on its side in the ditch. Another next to it looking like it was vacuuming up the mess, wreckers and the law. Tried to get pics on my way home, phone failed me..
20210618_203150.jpg

Just got home from fishing to find my sparkplugs for the boat that were supposed to be this morning, showed up while we were out. Kind of thought the bag was a lil heavy, and yup they fuckered up.

What I ordered was two champion plugs.

What I received was four of the plugs I ordered and four Iridium plugs that are for god knows what.:homer:

Sent them an email and well see what happens.

If they tell me to keep them anyone who can use four champion QC8WEP can have them for the cost of shipping.

How the hell do you accidentally ship out an extra $50 worth of plugs?

Just got home from fishing to find my sparkplugs for the boat that were supposed to be this morning, showed up while we were out. Kind of thought the bag was a lil heavy, and yup they fuckered up.

What I ordered was two champion plugs.

What I received was four of the plugs I ordered and four Iridium plugs that are for god knows what.:homer:

Sent them an email and well see what happens.

If they tell me to keep them anyone who can use four champion QC8WEP can have them for the cost of shipping.

How the hell do you accidentally ship out an extra $50 worth of plugs?
We got 160' xtra of 12" well casing and 40' of ⅜ all thread that we didn't order from one supplier. The casing wasn't on a scheduled delivery and the grunts unloaded it, and the all thread was inside a lift of 1" pvc pipe.
Shit is messed up everywhere.

75676745.png

Part of me wants to buy that. The bike itself looks decent. Motor rebuild is a weekend job at most.

hrm

swapped the burnt up starter in my 7.3 a few months ago with a spare I had laying around

"newer" one had a horrible gear noise so I bought a new solenoid for the burnt up starter and it sat for weeks on the floor in the truck
this morning I finally stuck the burnt up starter with the new solenoid back in and it still cranks slow but the horrible gear noise is gone
fuck
so now I've got the motor off the gear noise starter and I've got the commutator cut and the ground path from the brush carrier all cleaned up, and tomorrow morning I'm gonna stuff that mess onto the starter gearbox and solenoid that are in the truck. Prolly run a ground wire direct from the motor endcap too while I'm fucking around.

I've decided when I'm finally outta usable starter parts this shitpile motor is going to get parted out
Fuck V8 diesels. It'll get a 1.9L ALH instead.

Fuck yeah! :smokin:
Its been like that for us for a month now. We still get the hairy eyeball from people because we don't participate in Covid culture. Others asking about medical records. And the oh-so-awesome preschool that will require masks until every toddler is vaccinated.

Its been like that for us for a month now. We still get the hairy eyeball from people because we don't participate in Covid culture. Others asking about medical records. And the oh-so-awesome preschool that will require masks until every toddler is vaccinated.
I haven't worn a mask for a while since most are not. No one knows if you had the shots and no one can ask so pretty much everyone is ditching the masks. The screening table at my work is covered with electrical equipment and paperwork for the grid replacement so my work doesn't gaf anymore.

There are still a few people here and there with masks or full body biohazard setups.

It is good that shit is going back to normal and people are more aerodynamic with their ears back in place. Unfortunately for me the drag is permanent.

It is good that shit is going back to normal and people are more aerodynamic with their ears back in place. Unfortunately for me the drag is permanent.
Unfortunately, I don't things are ever going to go back to where they were. Another divide has been placed (vaccines) among everyone, just further driving everyone apart.

The Hooters Hotel had what sounds like 3 freshly hatched owlets sqeaking away last night. This makes me happy. We've been fighting mice worse than ever this year. Grow fast, kill hard, little guys.

1624366812225.png

Last edited:
We've got three baby birds by our main door. That nest has been there for years and years. It keeps getting reused and by different species of birds. Kinda neat.

no owls here, just bunnies. 4 of them and a mother. I kill all the cats so they stay in my yard.
IMG_20210610_161559686.jpg

We have reached another level of terrible gas cans. For some stupid reason my wife thought we needed another gas can and bought this abortion. Then she got mad at me for getting upset that for she bought a gas can that she can't even manage to use.

Attachments

• IMG_20210621_195341.jpg
    IMG_20210621_195341.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210621_195329.jpg
    IMG_20210621_195329.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
We have reached another level of terrible gas cans. For some stupid reason my wife thought we needed another gas can and bought this abortion. Then she got mad at me for getting upset that for she bought a gas can that she can't even manage to use.
those ones are the worst. You need two fucking hands to manipulate that stupid locking lever.
how the fuck are you supposed to do it while holding it vertical to fuel a lawn mower?

I have one of those for my 2t mix for the trials bike. It sucks ass for sure having to use two hands but I do like that it shuts off almost immediately reducing spills all over my pretty bike.

I have one of those for my 2t mix for the trials bike. It sucks ass for sure having to use two hands but I do like that it shuts off almost immediately reducing spills all over my pretty bike.
yea, I think that's the one I use for 2T as well for the chainsaw. total pain in the dick.

Went scouting a camping spot, two miles from cell range i parked the truck and walked 30min in. Walking back I see the taillights on :homer:. battery is on its last legs getting daily life support from a solar panel but I didn’t park in the sun. Turn the key and just hear solenoid clatter. I lay on the key and after another min of clatter it starts turning over and fired up :bounce: FFR!

Finally got around to some fence work. Apparently farmers use old motor oil on their fences and trailer decks. So I collected way to damn much from a few buddies, pressure washed the 3yr old cedar fence and rolled some on. Turned out alright so we’ll see how long it lasts. The smell isn’t bad either

Attachments

• A7E8093A-CEC1-45FA-8DE7-26150E0E6E16.jpeg
    A7E8093A-CEC1-45FA-8DE7-26150E0E6E16.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 50671016-DF2F-4E41-8D99-D965EB698BD8.jpeg
    50671016-DF2F-4E41-8D99-D965EB698BD8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Top Back Refresh