What's new

Useless things about your day!

I was reminded that I agreed to buy an old 429 out of a Torino. It will be here in 2 weeks. :homer:

Not sure WTF I am going to do with it.

Not really. 1- there's a creek about a foot away outside the picture, 2- the ground is hypersaturated and is making springs come up out of the yard.

This is sloped away from the camera, hasn't rained in 5 days, water is coming up out of the ground where I'm standing. This has been this way since Thanksgiving, and is probably full of ebola and airborne AIDS virus.

20210611_143141.jpg

I would call that dry land by crayfish standards. I've never heard of them crawling out of a creek or lake and building a mound.

remove driveshaft
do not buy cat
profit
Already removed it. Sound went away.
buy cat? It’s got 4 of the fucking things. I’m guessing you meant CAR :flipoff2:
Registration is like $115 and it probably needs smog too.

Already removed it. Sound went away.
buy cat? It’s got 4 of the fucking things. I’m guessing you meant CAR :flipoff2:
Registration is like $115 and it probably needs smog too.
your post mentioned someone buying a cat
do not buy a cat they just piss on everything and act like assholes

New (non-existent) yard, trying to add soil to the slope and eventually get it so it stays dry-ish out to the edge of the tree line. Hopefully 6 more loads and I'll be good. I only have a 3-4 month per year window that I can get my tractor on it without sinking to Australia.

If it were up to me, the entire yard would be SB2 and misted with roundup once a month. :flipoff2:
You’re going to need some gravel or something.

Worked on the Sportsman 700 for a bit last night. Never worked on an ATV before. really simple machine. People were saying doing the plugs was a chore. Took like 20m. Rigging up a thermal coupler to put a digital temp gauge next. Also got all new bushings. Kind of a fun machine to dub around with.

The flag at our building has been at half staff. I asked the person in charge what the reason was. They shrugged.

Guess who the new person in charge of the flag is.

:usa:

fired up Blackalicious on pandora this morning after not listening for way too long. i forgot how much i enjoy these guys and jurassic 5, living legends, etc. always makes me think of ryan from wicked fab.
fj3-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from the orthopedics office :( I had a shot of Cortisone. X-rays showed bone on bone in the joint.
Dr says to lay off the knee for another 4-6 weeks and see where that goes, if not tolerable then under the knife for a total knee.
I've already had fie operations on that knee so no chance in saving it yet again. Not looking forward to all the down time. I need a sugar momma :lmao:

Probably a stupid question to ask, but something I've always wondered.

An old school car passes by, like a 70s or 60s, and the exhaust has a certain smell to it. Like race fuel or something.

What causes that? Is it race fuel?

An old school car passes by, like a 70s or 60s, and the exhaust has a certain smell to it. Like race fuel or something.

lack of catalytic converters and EFI vs carbs would be my guess

lack of catalytic converters and EFI vs carbs would be my guess
yea, wasn't sure if carb vs efi would produce a different smell. but you know the smell I'm talking about. I smell it and look around for the car that just passed.

yea, wasn't sure if carb vs efi would produce a different smell. but you know the smell I'm talking about. I smell it and look around for the car that just passed.
I know exactly the smell you mean. like they are running a little rich. at least that's what they smell like to me.

Depends on the car, hot rod, Roadrunner, Chevelle etc could be running octane boost or high octane fuel plus a lead additive. I think a lot of the smell on old cars is actually oil burning off that has sneaked past the rings.

I know exactly the smell you mean. like they are running a little rich. at least that's what they smell like to me.
Exactly.

There are a lot of things I miss about growing up in the 70s.

Sitting at a light behind some smoke belching POS that hasn't had a tune up or oil rings since forever isint one of them.

Somewhere along the way I missed the memo that they changed consumer R134a cans to self-sealing instead of piercing, and my refill hoses no longer work :frown: not a huge deal, just means my truck gets to go another day without A/C until I get a new hose or an adapter fitting. Surprised I never heard about that change.

Honestly probably not a bad thing as the old cans were kind of annoying in that you couldn't remove them without venting the whole thing.

Used to be that you could choose (some stores only carried one kind, others carried both), hadn't heard that they are all self sealing now.

Aaron Z

I found that out just yesterday as well as I was screwing a pointed tap on a new style can. New taps have a flat bottom plunger.

So far, I'm the only person in the Austin airport refusing to wear a mask. Unfortunately, I cant board without adorning the super cute cheetah print one my wife left behind. So tired of this shit.

Upon further inspection, half the people are wearing a chin diaper.

So far, I'm the only person in the Austin airport refusing to wear a mask. Unfortunately, I cant board without adorning the super cute cheetah print one my wife left behind. So tired of this shit.

Upon further inspection, half the people are wearing a chin diaper.
Only half? Hope you don't mind not flying, they aren't going to let you on without a mask.

Aaron Z

Only half? Hope you don't mind not flying, they aren't going to let you on without a mask.

Aaron Z

I saw a few other not wearing, middle aged white guys. 99.9% of the people were masked up, or tards who wear it around their chin.

Bout to board and they made the announcement, also have drink in hand. Theres ways around this goat rodeo.

Top Back Refresh