What's new

Useless things about your day!

Took today and tomorrow off. Just did a 380 mile ride on the bike. Was going well until I hit a decent climb. Flopped it twice. Caught my pinky somewhere, somehow. Nail is kind of messed up and the knuckle hurts.

Gorgeous ride though.

PART_1622144943377.jpg

Forgot you can’t buy alcohol with an expired license..of 4 days 🙄 waited in line for 15 mins because they have 3 checkers open and everyone is stocking full carts. Get to the register, ID please. Checks his watch. Hands it back to me. “It’s expired” I just look at him. “They just gave us all a talk about this”
Walk out. Have fun putting all that shit away.

In other news, taking the family camping. Last time we went was 5 years ago when we had the 2 kids. Now we have 3. Hoping it goes well. We are going with a group who is bringing everything for the kitchen, water pump with filter, shower, etc. Its like an hour or 2 down a mostly dirt trail around Bowman Lake. First “vacation” in a few years.

01 Mirage shitbox I've been driving has been setting a misfire code so I finally got around to putting in new plugs. 2 of them had no platinum electrode visible, and the gap on them was greater than .80.:laughing: It still ran ok and got 30 MPG+. Should really like new plugs with the correct gap.

It's only got 312,000 miles 12,000 by me since I got it last July.
20210528_084535.jpg

01 Mirage shitbox I've been driving has been setting a misfire code so I finally got around to putting in new plugs. 2 of them had no platinum electrode visible, and the gap on them was greater than .80.:laughing: It still ran ok and got 30 MPG+. Should really like new plugs with the correct gap.

It's only got 312,000 miles 12,000 by me since I got it last July.
20210528_084535.jpg
shoulda just mashed them back down to a proper gap and ran them
you'll never get that 20 bucks back outta that car :flipoff2:

shoulda just mashed them back down to a proper gap and ran them
you'll never get that 20 bucks back outta that car :flipoff2:
NGK V powers were nowhere near that. Cars saved me roughly 1400 bucks in gas over the last year already. And now I'm giving it to my daughter to drive so it's gone.:flipoff2:

If it stops raining long enough I might get offa my ass and cut up the cherry tree I pulled out of the ditch and split it for smoker fuel.

Took today and tomorrow off. Just did a 380 mile ride on the bike. Was going well until I hit a decent climb. Flopped it twice. Caught my pinky somewhere, somehow. Nail is kind of messed up and the knuckle hurts.

Gorgeous ride though.

PART_1622144943377.jpg
Where did you ride?

I'm running out of fingers lately.

Last trip out on my bike, hit an uphill rocky section and tumbled off my bike. Fell again right afterwards. Cobbled up the hill and rode on. Five minutes later, my finger was really bugging me. Started bleeding through the glove. Took it off, and my pinky was all smashed. Enough that it popped out the side like a blueberrry. So that sucked.

Working on finishing up the side of the woodsheds yesterday. A board was about to slide off the table I had setup. Caught my thumbnail and bent it back. Tore quite a bit of the nail off my thumb.

Second to last board, I did a great job at thwacking my middle finger with a hammer. Now that's all purple and black. I'll be drilling it out in a couple days.

Fun times.

Not a repost, weird evening out killing didn't go out till after supper and it was total kill zone! Got the new A22 dialed in with an old scope, Wifeys Ruger was freshly cleaned, over 100 kills an hr.
IMG_2702.jpeg

Not a repost, weird evening out killing didn't go out till after supper and it was total kill zone! Got the new A22 dialed in with an old scope, Wifeys Ruger was freshly cleaned, over 100 kills an hr.
IMG_2702.jpeg

Driving in Oklahoma yesterday, kept getting emergency alerts-
" Tornado in Area, seek shelter immediately." Like I was going to stop.
one of my wife's co workers goes out there every spring for vacation to chase storms.
he's posted photos of 4 tornados in the backround to the faceballs in the last week.
and the car was destroyed by baseball sized hail.

helluva way to vacation I guess.

puttering around in the yard
see soething move in the cab of the skidsteer in the corner of my eye
the fucking chipmunk that I've seen twice now and haven't been able to shoot

No earmuffs, but I got a g19. waited for it to hop down through the pedal cleanout holes in the front so I'm not bouncing lead and copper around in the hoses, two rounds, got its tail shortened.
It ran off into a small woodpile, watch it for a while, give it a kick and I see the grass move in a line to a bush, go over there and it's froze at the base, put one finger in an ear and mash the other against my shoulder and give it a couple more so it don't gotta suffer or anything.

I really should get a G26 and a suppressor, backbore the barrel so it's only 2" or so, make everything subsonic... carry that instead because less hearing damage
just can't stand giving the feds 200 bucks

About $350 into this set up right now. $150 for the Predator generator and $160 for the 5k btu ac unit. $14 for the radiant barrier and 1x4, which is a temporary fix to seal up the opening. Im going to use a piece of plywood I think for a more permanent solution with a rubber seal around it. But it took the sleeper of my semi from 80+ deg down to probably the low 70's in about 25min. If I use the truck ac to cool it down 1st, then kick this set up on, Im confident it'll freeze me out.

Attachments

• hc_1622510346879.jpg
    hc_1622510346879.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
one of my wife's co workers goes out there every spring for vacation to chase storms.
he's posted photos of 4 tornados in the backround to the faceballs in the last week.
and the car was destroyed by baseball sized hail.

helluva way to vacation I guess.
Just got home to 36 degrees and 1'2 inch of icy slush on the deck. I guess I]'ll take that over torrential rain and tornados. Before all the tornado alerts I drove over 50 miles in as hard of rain as I've ever driven in. When trucks went the other way which was constantly it was a total visibilty washout. I was taking my kid another shitbox to replace the shitbox she hit a deer with. Only upside to the trip was Big R Ranch stores had more ammo than I've seen in stores almost anywhere in months, and a couple places you could self serve it. I got a box of 10 gauge buckshot for the heck of it and 2 boxes of 30/30 which has been unobtaiium and 2 boxes of 12 gauge buckshot just ibecause too. That was at 3 different Big Rs and I stopped at 2 more just to see what they had. I could have got gold plated (price) 9 mil and many other types too but didn't feel the need as much.

puttering around in the yard
see soething move in the cab of the skidsteer in the corner of my eye
the fucking chipmunk that I've seen twice now and haven't been able to shoot

No earmuffs, but I got a g19. waited for it to hop down through the pedal cleanout holes in the front so I'm not bouncing lead and copper around in the hoses, two rounds, got its tail shortened.
It ran off into a small woodpile, watch it for a while, give it a kick and I see the grass move in a line to a bush, go over there and it's froze at the base, put one finger in an ear and mash the other against my shoulder and give it a couple more so it don't gotta suffer or anything.

I really should get a G26 and a suppressor, backbore the barrel so it's only 2" or so, make everything subsonic... carry that instead because less hearing damage
just can't stand giving the feds 200 bucks
or just use a 22 pistol?

cost you like 5 bucks to kill a chipmunk.

About $350 into this set up right now. $150 for the Predator generator and $160 for the 5k btu ac unit. $14 for the radiant barrier and 1x4, which is a temporary fix to seal up the opening. Im going to use a piece of plywood I think for a more permanent solution with a rubber seal around it. But it took the sleeper of my semi from 80+ deg down to probably the low 70's in about 25min. If I use the truck ac to cool it down 1st, then kick this set up on, Im confident it'll freeze me out.

I was wondering wtf I was looking at earlier. This your old truck? :flipoff2:

Snapchat-955526158.jpg

or just use a 22 pistol?

cost you like 5 bucks to kill a chipmunk.
wander back to the house to change guns
dale is now gone not to be seen again

five bucks? nah, more like 1.50, and that's just because I figured after 5 years of carrying the same hornady stuff it might be time to see if that mag's too full of pocket lint to work, what with the issues I had with an ETS plastic mag last time I shot at this particular chipmunk.
Usually I switch over to my spare 33 of cheap wolf garbageammo before I start blastin'

Got the carb cleaned on my honda shadow. Started it up and its backfiring pretty bad and will barely idle. On one backfire it shot what looked like dryer lint? All over the floor. Not sure if its fiberglass packing or a mouse had built a nest in there?

Got the carb cleaned on my honda shadow. Started it up and its backfiring pretty bad and will barely idle. On one backfire it shot what looked like dryer lint? All over the floor. Not sure if its fiberglass packing or a mouse had built a nest in there?
Mouse. Right now you got an exhaust valve plugged with straw, old newspaper, and speaker wire.

:laughing:

Top Back Refresh