What's new

Useless things about your day!

all this talk of water.

my mom's place had 30" of water in the back field the other day after normal spring rains thanks to the rails to trails people being fucking idiots with their grading.
There's two catch basins in that field with 4" drain tile and they can't keep up.
We fixed all the water problems back there ten years ago with the second drain line, and now I get to fight the fucking rails to trails people to not ruin an apple orchard that's been planted for 30 years.

it's agricultural land, so soil and water is now involved because the rails to trails people have just said "we'll look at it" for the last 3 months. They graded it so now a half mile of the old rail bed just pours over the property line.

edit:
after talking with the soil and water guy we're not the only ones with significant issues. They apparently just removed a bunch of drain tiles that were under the rail bed for somebody to the west.

87, that sucks
indeed it does.

thankfully my mom is insane, and has kept a daily log of rainfall and corresponding notes about the field since 1974 when they moved in. Shit, she probably tell you want they sprayed on the trees in 1995.

the city was involved in laying the tile as it ties into the storm sewers, so i can prove that all of it was done. I have all the neighbors in agreement to be deposed about the last decade of water back there, and they'd all like it to not be a problem as well since the field runs behind all of their houses. It's flooding now worse than I have ever seen it in the 25 years I've known my wife and been on the property, and while we've had some heavy rainfall in the last few weeks, nothing that I would consider abnormal for springtime.

but that doesn't change the fact that if we have to force their hand it's gonna be a fucking mess in civil court and probably cost thousands of dollars.

edit:
their excuse is they don't have any money to do it.
well if you didn't have enough money to do the project right, why in the fuck did you just half assed good ol boy with an excavator go back there and start grading shit all willy nilly? I fucking told them when I saw them do it that it was going to be a big problem. The slope is easy to see with the naked eye. Fucker graded a giant bowl.

Shit is retarded and not making any sense right now.

Buddy couldn't sell a truck on FB/CL for $8000. Well, he get a bunch of interest and no follow through because no money or some other BS. It was an oddball work truck with rust in bed (pool chemicals), but still otherwise clean.

He dropped it off at an auction under my name (2 miles from his house) and it went for $8800.

Shit is retarded and not making any sense right now.

Buddy couldn't sell a truck on FB/CL for $8000. Well, he get a bunch of interest and no follow through because no money or some other BS. It was an oddball work truck with rust in bed (pool chemicals), but still otherwise clean.

He dropped it off at an auction under my name (2 miles from his house) and it went for $8800.

There is a sucker for every seat..... Sometimes you find that sucker at the auction. :laughing:

Before you put your 4yr old daughter on prednisone, 1st give her crack cocaine, crystal meth, anabolic steroids, and regular cocaine all at once. If you can make it through that, you might be okay with the prednisone.

Right now she's hanging from the ceiling fan, punching a hole through the ceiling in an effort to get up in the attic. IT'S GONE BE A LONG DAY

There is a sucker for every seat..... Sometimes you find that sucker at the auction. :laughing:

Its consistently been that way all year. It's not worth it to me to retail, it's less headache and more money to wholesale.

Clown world. It's all about payments.

Its consistently been that way all year. It's not worth it to me to retail, it's less headache and more money to wholesale.

Clown world. It's all about payments.
Go to any Facebook group for a given vehicle. It’s shocking how many people upgrade for the next year model and claim they got a great deal. “My payment only went up $100/month for the next 96 months.”

Well, we shoot a lot of gophers (Richardson ground squirrels} sometimes 1000 on a weekend, my daughter is a govt sniper so we have some pretty good times wagering on harder shots with .22lr (cheapest shit to shoot and acquire in Tundraland).
So come home from digging slop all day, walk in the door and wifey is standing at the top of the stairs showing me her big box, says "come open this!
Dig into said box and tickle around fer a spell wondering wtf, and come out with a new Savage A22 MDT .22lr , yeah she's a keeper.
IMG_2669.jpeg

Well, we shoot a lot of gophers (Richardson ground squirrels} sometimes 1000 on a weekend, my daughter is a gvt sniper so we have some pretty good times wagering on harder shots with .22lr (cheapest shit to shoot and acquire in Tundraland).
So come home from digging slop all day, walk in the door and wifey is standing at the top of the stairs showing me her big box, says "come open this!
Dig into said box and tickle around fer a spell wondering wtf, and come out with a new Savage A22 MDT .22lr , yeah she's a keeper.
IMG_2669.jpeg
Pics of daughter? :smokin:

Truck is dope!
Thanks, I think...due to the colors I refer to it as the LGBTq2 issue.
All the farmers/ranchers that fill it full of fuel, provide beverages and food we shoot for call it the gopherator. Spoold rear, otk steering , 4spd, just idle along in first killing everything varminty within eyesight, coyotes, foxes, wolves, badgers, beavers, musk rats, gophers, we even have a pretty good influx of 'coons now, they be challenging.
Bottom line, you want it dead, we'll kill it.
Daughter killing it
2020-04-23_13-07-34_066.jpg

Can anyone think of a good way to get a 2wd front spindle out of the knuckle that's cast around it?

I'm trying to build a trailer axle out of shit I have lying around.

I can cut all the big chunks off with a sawzall and then chuck the spindle in the lathe to make what's left round and the right diameter but I was hoping someone would have some trick solution I haven't thought of. Hole saw is too short.

So a few years back I got this bike given to me. My intention was to restore it but with a severe lack of time and what not it's been sitting in a shed ever since. Yesterday I figured I would throw it up on marketplace as a parts only bike. Engine seized, no keys, no papers, exhaust rotted out, missing parts etc. $200 obo.

Well obo has a different meaning these days apparently. After over 100 replies to the ad I ended up selling it to a guy who traveled 4 hours to pick it up. His offer? $500

Crazy times we live in.

Attachments

• 20210513_104557.jpg
    20210513_104557.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 31

I have this young dog that I’m hoping will be a good retriever some day. She won’t retrieve a duck worth a damn but she’s obsessed with fish.
Mine is underwater chasing them fuckers, at least in his younger days. He is starting to get a pass on certain activities at 12. Yours needs work:lmao::flipoff2:

Can anyone think of a good way to get a 2wd front spindle out of the knuckle that's cast around it?

I'm trying to build a trailer axle out of shit I have lying around.

I can cut all the big chunks off with a sawzall and then chuck the spindle in the lathe to make what's left round and the right diameter but I was hoping someone would have some trick solution I haven't thought of. Hole saw is too short.
they're generally just a ridic press fit, slice the knuckle with a cutoff wheel and it'll slide out real easy
the wheel seal portion is part of the knuckle, but you've got a lathe and a welder so you can make a new seal surface to press on and weld in place

thinking about buying a $4000 bus with a 24v cummins and an at545
I need a shed very soon and storage containers are over $4000 last I checked.
Seems like I can't lose on this particular deal.

thinking about buying a $4000 bus with a 24v cummins and an at545
I need a shed very soon and storage containers are over $4000 last I checked.
Seems like I can't lose on this particular deal.
I’ve got a starter for that trans if you ever need one.

I’ve got a starter for that trans if you ever need one.
called the place and they're convinced they've got something even better for even cheaper
DT360>>>>>>b series cummings
I'll head over there tomorrow and see what's going on.

She’s lucky she’s cute.
How old is she? I had a rescue that we got around a year old. He had lived his entire life in a crate, well like 18 hrs a day according to the adoption agency we got him from. That was the reason for giving him up. Anyways he wouldn’t retrieve worth a shit. Then he watched another dog do it and a light switch went on and it was fetch anything we threw. Never did like feathers in his mouth but would get a duck when there was competition as he was a natural alpha and hated coming in 2nd. My current pup is a true beta and does anything asked of him.
Dont force it. See if you can find wing to put on a retrieving toy if you haven’t tried that already. Either way good luck.

How old is she? I had a rescue that we got around a year old. He had lived his entire life in a crate, well like 18 hrs a day according to the adoption agency we got him from. That was the reason for giving him up. Anyways he wouldn’t retrieve worth a shit. Then he watched another dog do it and a light switch went on and it was fetch anything we threw. Never did like feathers in his mouth but would get a duck when there was competition as he was a natural alpha and hated coming in 2nd. My current pup is a true beta and does anything asked of him.
Dont force it. See if you can find wing to put on a retrieving toy if you haven’t tried that already. Either way good luck.
She’s a golden doodle, about a year and a half. She’s starting to figure things out. At the end of hunting season I could toss a dead duck that I had already filleted out into the water and she’d bring it back two or three times if it wasn’t out too far. More than a few tosses and she’d give up on it. She’s starting to get a little more aggressive with game as time goes one so I haven’t given up on her yet. This was a year ago...

Finished building a prop balancer for my boat props today and took it home all proud only to find either my bearings aren't up to snuff or my props are already fairly balanced.

Im going to try different bearing and if that doesn't work well enough Ill have to make up some 3" diameter wheels to go on the bearings.

Picture this, but with a 25hp boat prop on it.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Top Back Refresh