What's new

Useless things about your day!

Oh the terror!
IMG_2647.jpeg
IMG_2646.jpeg

got a pile of tires I've been bolting together
drilling the holes is the bottleneck

I've already worked out that round nose 9x19 doesn't make big enough holes
gonna try a 200gr SWC atop 4.5gr of red dot because its what I've got laying around, really should be trying to find some .45super type loadings but...

I've heard stories of .45s bouncing off of tire backstops so if I stop posting it'll be known why :flipoff2:

got a pile of tires I've been bolting together
drilling the holes is the bottleneck

I've already worked out that round nose 9x19 doesn't make big enough holes
gonna try a 200gr SWC atop 4.5gr of red dot because its what I've got laying around, really should be trying to find some .45super type loadings but...

I've heard stories of .45s bouncing off of tire backstops so if I stop posting it'll be known why :flipoff2:
That’s a jerb for wad cutters.

Got any spare wads laying around?

Forgot my pocket knife today. Left it on the counter last night for whatever reason.

Feels weird not being in my pocket.

Forgot my pocket knife today. Left it on the counter last night for whatever reason.

Feels weird not being in my pocket.
I carry a pocket knife everyday and have for years. only time I don't have it is when flying since I never need to check a bag just take a carry on.

It always amazes me the people I am around/work with that don't carry a pocket knife. (I work in blue collar environment)

I carry a pocket knife everyday and have for years. only time I don't have it is when flying since I never need to check a bag just take a carry on.

It always amazes me the people I am around/work with that don't carry a pocket knife. (I work in blue collar environment)
At work I have a flashlight and knife in my knee pocket all day. Leave them in my desk at work though. There’s been more than a few occasions I will be at home and need either and reach for it and it’s not there.

Yea, I've had one on me for 20 years at least now. I have my Leatherman though, so there's one in there if I need it.

No idea how I forgot it. Sidetracked I guess.

Is five cans of gas really that unusual? I often take my four cans and the two diesels when I need to fill up. /shrug

We're still trying to buy a house, going on 12 months now. Got a tip on a old man who wants to move out of the high elevation. He has a 2k ft modular house and 40 acres of crap land with pine trees. Looked at a couple comps, and placed the land value at 300k and the house about the same. We were thinking with the crazy market, that 800k would be a market price. Went to look at it, its a bit dumpy, but maybe with a remodel, it would be 'ok'. Not awesome, but an acceptable place. He called me back today, and he's willing to sell it. For 2 million.

Why ya bolting tires together?
soil stabilization

.452 SWC makes the same hole as .355 RN
200gr at an estimated 800 fps will go through 4 layers of steel belted tread before bouncing off the 5th
the small hole does make the 1/2" drill bit go through a lot nicer

a powered hydraulic C-frame punch would be the dog's nuts
but I don't have one

Debating if I want to buy a ~70 GMC K20. I dont need it, I'm not even a GM fanboy. But I've never owned one. No front axle, so its going to be a PITA to load.

Yes, this is the only pic I have to go off of.

Screenshot_20210516-213903_Messenger.jpg
If you dont want it, I do.

Drug swamp mats out today, got stuff mowed. Ground is swampy and a bitch to plow. Layer of clay 4-6 inches down. Hoping for dry weather so I can keep working, saturdays rain hosed me

I have this young dog that I’m hoping will be a good retriever some day. She won’t retrieve a duck worth a damn but she’s obsessed with fish.

We're still trying to buy a house, going on 12 months now. Got a tip on a old man who wants to move out of the high elevation. He has a 2k ft modular house and 40 acres of crap land with pine trees. Looked at a couple comps, and placed the land value at 300k and the house about the same. We were thinking with the crazy market, that 800k would be a market price. Went to look at it, its a bit dumpy, but maybe with a remodel, it would be 'ok'. Not awesome, but an acceptable place. He called me back today, and he's willing to sell it. For 2 million.
For 40 acres? Is there some killer view or something, thats high.

How long of a pipe am I gonna need to get semi lug nuts off? I found a free pair of wheels I'm gonna use for fire pits on the side of the road on the way home but there's still a hub bolted to them. 3ft of leverage was not enough. :laughing:

How long of a pipe am I gonna need to get semi lug nuts off? I found a free pair of wheels I'm gonna use for fire pits on the side of the road on the way home but there's still a hub bolted to them. 3ft of leverage was not enough. :laughing:
a torch is how long. or those fancy torque multipliers plus 3' of leverage

Impact. My Milwaukee cordless can zip them off usually.

Top Back Refresh