What's new

Useless things about your day!

Tomorrow will be 5 months since I lost my taste/smell from Covid and I still have very limited smell. I still can't smell gas at all, it doesn't even register.

2nd trials event of the year yesterday. We went up sat to get some practice in. I broke my left index toe when I managed to smash it between a rock and my peg at medium speed. Spent the afternoon gimping around.

Sun morning taped it to the toes next to it and went out and got 2nd in my class. :smokin:

171199691_10159561960284165_5719612277644425067_n.jpg

So made a couple small trees and a mushroom that sucked bad so it got painted, with the saw today.
Saw bar oiling question. So when I put he dime tip bar chain and sprocket on I noticed that I have a ton of extra bar oil coming out now. Like almost leak level when running. Is this just because the saw is setup with an 18” bar in mind and is now running a 12” bar. Or did I fuck something up when I took it apart, this is my thought:homer:

Anyways. Pictures of textured butt plugs and shitty mushroom.

Apparently I cant upload pics at the moment. Will try later tonight ot tomorrow after he migration.
Adding pictures hopefully Like oks like it worked. Add my fail where the shaping disc jumped and ate my glove and knuckle. Nothing a little spit and tape wont fix

View attachment 377408

View attachment 377409

View attachment 377410

Tomorrow will be 5 months since I lost my taste/smell from Covid and I still have very limited smell. I still can't smell gas at all, it doesn't even register.
Mid September here, so 7-ish months? I can barely sorta taste, and occasionally smell a few things. I'm guessing we're fucked for life.

Just went with the family and spent $650 on groceries.

Six fuck hundred and fif-****-ty goddam dollars.

2 weeks from now we won't have anything to cook for supper. We're a year away from $100k/year in flyover country being just above poverty level. :laughing:

:frown:

Just went with the family and spent $650 on groceries.

Six fuck hundred and fif-****-ty goddam dollars.

2 weeks from now we won't have anything to cook for supper. We're a year away from $100k/year in flyover country being just above poverty level. :laughing:

:frown:
How the fuck did you spend that much?? Eating caviar? RIce and beans havent gone up that much in price have they? :flipoff2:

Reactions: DMG
$5k shitboxes are just $1k shitboxes but you don't get the discount because shit ain't broken yet. :flipoff2:
It was only $2500 :laughing: will have 250k miles before my vacation is over. My friend that passed suddenly, was his car, it was bugging his wife seeing it in the driveway and walking past it everyday, two of their “friends” only offered 1k cause “it’s got high miles” 🙄 I paid what he did 4 months ago. No ragrets. No fuckin rust, it’s got the alloys, vtec v6, “it’s a performer folks!” leather and a roof!
Good thing I know a guy that can rebuild these tranny’s with his eyes closed.

25191153-1A39-47CF-9E88-ADB661F483B2.jpeg

It was only $2500 :laughing: will have 250k miles before my vacation is over. My friend that passed suddenly, was his car, it was bugging his wife seeing it in the driveway and walking past it everyday, two of their “friends” only offered 1k cause “it’s got high miles” 🙄 I paid what he did 4 months ago. No ragrets. No fuckin rust, it’s got the alloys, vtec v6, “it’s a performer folks!” leather and a roof!
Good thing I know a guy that can rebuild these tranny’s with his eyes closed.
Have you gone 112 yet? :laughing:

2 buggies worth.

But, pre-covid pre-Biden this would have been a $300 trip. 2x lumber and gas ain't the only thing that's gone nuts.
Yeah this is why we don’t shop at the supermarket anymore. We do 95% of our grocery shopping at Aldis. You can get a full cart for 60-70 bucks there. Then maybe every 3 weeks my wife stops in at the grocery store and gets the few items that aldis don’t carry.

Its crazy what the regular supermarket charges for stuff. I can see why people are broke.

With that said our family eats really cheaply. White rice baked potato’s we don’t need to eat fancy stuff. Given the chance my youngest one will eat plain white rice every day of the week.

First day back to work this week. I've got a line of fuck ups on my desk.

I want to go back to doing firewood.

First day back to work this week. I've got a line of fuck ups on my desk.

I want to go back to doing firewood.
Those words would never ever come out of my mouth. I fucking hate firewood lol. We knocked down 2 acres of trees yesterday fuck that shit. Just cut them into 12-16’ bolts to put on a pile for the worth every penny fire wood processor to cut them up.

I’ll prolly even go drop a few dump truck loads of wood off at a few of the neighbors houses whom will return the favors some day.

Fucking foot of snow on the way tonight into tomorrow.

Guess I've got to pull my janky trailer out of the back today to go through it for use Saturday.

Those words would never ever come out of my mouth. I fucking hate firewood lol. We knocked down 2 acres of trees yesterday fuck that shit. Just cut them into 12-16’ bolts to put on a pile for the worth every penny fire wood processor to cut them up.
Ugh. Just five days working outside was so much better than this office. A rate structure was not implemented right and I sent the bills out. The amounts were there on the bills, but not the correct rate. The correct rate was fine on the trial run though. So something got dropped from trial to official. That's 4000 people with incorrect bills.

Then bringing work over from the field guys, dropped about 1/2 of the stuff they did. Computer was processing the files, hung up, "not responding", let it wait, closed out, and deleted half the stuff. So I had to hand the work back to the field guy. Are you shitting me? I have a full day of work and you drop this on me? That felt great.

Three people billed incorrectly, but that happens now and then, nothing major.

The incorrect bills is a disaster though.

Fucking foot of snow on the way tonight into tomorrow.

Guess I've got to pull my janky trailer out of the back today to go through it for use Saturday.
what, really? I just took the chains off the tractor!

ugh computer stopped liking the fact that it has two monitors
the video card drivers see both of them, the OS sees one of them in its menus
the second monitor shows a desktop, I can't drag anything over to it windows or icons, but I can create folders on that desktop, but I can't move them to the first screen either
tried reinstalling the drivers and everything
there's a reason I only reboot my shit every few months, invariably something like this happens

oh and got some sort of fuckin' fungal rash going on
was sorting through and burning some real rotten pallets the previous owner left in a pile and got... something. Everything itches, but every time I scratch it spreads.
few blisters on my hands and red rash in all the good scratchy spots, seems to be totally avoiding my bits and asshole though
Fuckin' rubbing alcohol and lotramin both seem to be slowing it down though

was gonna post pics but fucking computer isn't talking to my phone. That's what prompted the reboot that fucked up my monitors. Fuck.

I've had this Weather Guard truck box sitting around since my F350 days. Really nice box, just didn't think it would fit my extra short bed due to the wheel well placement (it did not fit my 06 Chevy 4 door shorty short bed). Figured I'd try as I'm packing way too much shit into the back seat as I need to bring carpentry tools and chainsaw to my mother's this weekend. Along with my kid and all his shit. Well the bitch fits! That just made my life so much damn easier.

20210415_121140.jpg

got a line on a '93 f350 with a 351 and a mostly dead e4od with a nice service body and a single axle tilt deck equipment trailer
only trouble is it is 300 mi away and hasn't run since '14 and has no brakes

tomorrow I drive out with a car full of bits and a sleeping bag
we'll see how it goes

got a line on a '93 f350 with a 351 and a mostly dead e4od with a nice service body and a single axle tilt deck equipment trailer
only trouble is it is 300 mi away and hasn't run since '14 and has no brakes

tomorrow I drive out with a car full of bits and a sleeping bag
we'll see how it goes
sounds like an adventure. may need its own thread!

well my phone doesn't talk to the computer any more, so no pictures sadly
musta updated. Funny because as it came from tracfone it was neutered so the USB would only do charging, then after a few months it updated and it worked, now it's back to not working again

I made sure to turn off the updates and internet connectivity of all kinds to try and keep it from changing anything but I guess google's smarter than I am. Turned off mobile data, and turned off wifi, it started turning the wifi back on from time to time on its own so I changed the one wifi network password that I had on it so it couldn't connect. Still they managed to fuck me.

Top Back Refresh