What's new

Useless things about your day!

Automatic center punch and just chip it out. That broken bit is large enough, so it's not that hard to destroy.

Puppers is wandering around the house looking for kiddo. Kind of weird them not being here.

Put a new bar and chain on the Husky 450 yesterday. I should buck up the rest of the fire wood I have. Then a couple days of splitting. Goal is to have that entire pile split and stacked within the next few days.

Temperatures dropped a bit so I don't see any rides on the bikes. Allows me to get a bunch of chorin' in.

Fired up the new Traeger this morning. Brisket is on and ribs will go on in a couple hours, then some bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers later today. I'm gonna be fat :smokin:

Just realized I still have some mushrooms in the fridge, think I'm going to stuff them with Italian sausage and smoke them too:lmao:

Gawd dammit... you've made up my mind, my daughter and I are going to the store.
My wife and sister in law are somewhere between Sparks and here so we're on our own.

Been seeing caterpillars crawling around the shop floor the last few weeks... Kids have been "dad let's catch it and put it on a tree so it will turn into a butterfly" and I'm like sure, everybody likes butterflies.

Today i see this on the tree behind the one we've been doing catch and release on.

20210411_145720_resize_96.jpg

Been seeing caterpillars crawling around the shop floor the last few weeks... Kids have been "dad let's catch it and put it on a tree so it will turn into a butterfly" and I'm like sure, everybody likes butterflies.

Today i see this on the tree behind the one we've been doing catch and release on.

One time when I was little they cut the alfalfa. There were armyworms everywhere. We swept them up and fed them to our pet mice. When that got old we put them in muriatic acid.

Last weekend we tore out my old garage door and put the new one in. Today I installed the torsion death spring and was going to put up the new opener. There’s limited head room but I assumed the new door would fit like the old one. Nope. It’s going to rub the ceiling when I put the sheeting back on and there won’t be room for the opener track. So now I ordered a low headroom track and will have to unwind the torsion spring so I can take everything apart. :homer:

say goodbye to any oaks you have
those are gypsy catapillers the eat all the leaves
and you can hear them shating at night, it will ould like rain.

The trans (manual) in the daily beater started making some terrible noises on the drive home Friday. Suspect a bearing is going hard and fast. Dumped and started filtering the oil today to look for chunks, research shows they are known to eat outer bearings that can be serviced without having to pull the whole trans, would like a new car, really don't want to pay for a new car. Trying to decide what level of effort an 03 corolla with 230k on it only a few other stupid things wrong with it deserves.

Well after spending a week to get it apart in place, 2.5 weeks waiting on USPS to deliver the bearing, then a few days of round-to-it, I got it back together today. Test drive went well enough that I stopped at the auto parts store to pick up some gunk to try and cut down on the exhaust leaks :lmao:

Well after spending a week to get it apart in place, 2.5 weeks waiting on USPS to deliver the bearing, then a few days of round-to-it, I got it back together today. Test drive went well enough that I stopped at the auto parts store to pick up some gunk to try and cut down on the exhaust leaks :lmao:
its probably the flex pipe, always seems to be the only part that fails on toyota exhausts now that they got thread in oxygen sensors
don't bother fixing it it'll just rust out again in a couple years

ETA: wait, corolla... I think they just use the donut gaskets that do blow out sometimes
I don't work on many that old any more, rust forces their march toward the grave

Last edited:
say goodbye to any oaks you have
those are gypsy catapillers the eat all the leaves
and you can hear them shating at night, it will ould like rain.

Everything here is oak or pine. (Or sweetgum) If they're gonna eat all the oaks they better get on the ball before the kudzu gets 'em.

:flipoff2:

[486 said:
;n376790]
its probably the flex pipe, always seems to be the only part that fails on toyota exhausts now that they got thread in oxygen sensors
don't bother fixing it it'll just rust out again in a couple years

ETA: wait, corolla... I think they just use the donut gaskets that do blow out sometimes
I don't work on many that old any more, rust forces their march toward the grave

Yeah no flex pipe on this one, and thankfully little overall rust thanks to it's southern heritage. Front flange is kind of questionable and have had to replace that gasket before but suspect the motor mounts are getting soft making that one a bit of a lost cause. The major leak is from where the rear donut flange completely rusted off a while back and I slapped some straight pipe in it's place with clamps and it never sealed for shit.

Fuck those things we get them on about a 7 year cycle, not a leaf left anywhere once they're done. Then they go and fucking cocoon everywhere you don't want them to and then they start to stink. Fucking things get so bad there's actual little drifts of them all dried up on the side of the highway.:mad3:

So made a couple small trees and a mushroom that sucked bad so it got painted, with the saw today.
Saw bar oiling question. So when I put he dime tip bar chain and sprocket on I noticed that I have a ton of extra bar oil coming out now. Like almost leak level when running. Is this just because the saw is setup with an 18” bar in mind and is now running a 12” bar. Or did I fuck something up when I took it apart, this is my thought:homer:

Anyways. Pictures of textured butt plugs and shitty mushroom.

Apparently I cant upload pics at the moment. Will try later tonight ot tomorrow after he migration.

So made a couple small trees and a mushroom that sucked bad so it got painted, with the saw today.
Saw bar oiling question. So when I put he dime tip bar chain and sprocket on I noticed that I have a ton of extra bar oil coming out now. Like almost leak level when running. Is this just because the saw is setup with an 18” bar in mind and is now running a 12” bar. Or did I fuck something up when I took it apart, this is my thought:homer:

Anyways. Pictures of textured butt plugs and shitty mushroom.

Apparently I cant upload pics at the moment. Will try later tonight ot tomorrow after he migration.

lots of saws have an oil volume adjustment in the bottom of the saw

Here in cuckarado you gotta wait till may 1st to collect sheds. :rainbow: surprisingly with the constant elk around I never see any around my house.. I guess I don’t face south enough

Spend 3 times my shitbox budget on a clean non rusty car, still a shitbox. Fluid got dark quick after romping on it, think I found the restriction in the cooler. Fuckin slants eyed gooks put this filter in when they change the 1st trans that fails then never change this filter.
83B6B20D-1B3C-448D-B9BF-47D9E62AFC48.jpeg

Spend 3 times my shitbox budget on a clean non rusty car, still a shitbox. Fluid got dark quick after romping on it, think I found the restriction in the cooler. Fuckin slants eyed gooks put this filter in when they change the 1st trans that fails then never change this filter.

$5k shitboxes are just $1k shitboxes but you don't get the discount because shit ain't broken yet. :flipoff2:

Random storm here a few days ago produced baseball to softball sized hail beating the hell out of who knows how many cars, blowing out windshields and sunroofs. Crazy stuff.

Off for the next three days. Sounds like wife and kiddo will be home a bit sooner than expected. Think they miss home.

I really need to be out doing firewood, but sort of stuck on drinking coffee and playing Path of Exile. :homer:

I'm multi quote impaired :homer: so this is for everyone.

I emory clothed and reamed every connection and only applied flux on the male end. I heated around the whole socket keeping the flame towards the bottom of the socket while holding the solder on the joint when it started flowing I slowly removed the flame until I felt the joint was full then added a seal around the lip/joint. I didn't have any leaks :smokin: (tested with air).

Great job! Some people take a long time to get joints to look that clean.

Top Back Refresh