What's new

Useless things about your day!

Dont worry it’s so easy you will wonder why plumbers are necessary:flipoff2:

Either way don’t sweat it, I know punny:flipoff2:, worry about that shit after you pressurize it.

Ya like forever be worried when your not home to hear it leaking ect.:laughing:

Dont worry it’s so easy you will wonder why plumbers are necessary:flipoff2:

Either way don’t sweat it, I know punny:flipoff2:, worry about that shit after you pressurize it.

I am the plumber :homer::lmao:. Up until today everything's been pvc, galvanized or sharkbites. I told the customer that she's very lucky... this is my first job in copper :laughing:.

bout tired of waiting for a fucking doctor to give me the ok to go back to work, sitting on my ass is no good for my mental health or my waist.

bout tired of waiting for a fucking doctor to give me the ok to go back to work, sitting on my ass is no good for my mental health or my waist.

Maybe a joke will cheer you up?
What do they call this part of the woman a waist?

Drove up to Morro Bay to visit MIL.FIL died last year,and since then she has lost interest in cooking for herself,so a lot of her meals are ravioli out of a can or similar.Wife and I go up once a month and bring a bunch of chicken,pork chops,steaks and spend the day cooking them up then using a Foodsaver to vacuum seal them so all she has to do is toss it in the microwave to get a reasonable meal(some meat,anyway).Got it all done,had a nice dinner and some Key Lime pie for my birthday,and then the conversation went like this:

Wife: Well,are you ready to go home?
Me: I'll leave that up to you,if you want to go ,we'll go.
Wife: Let's stay for another hour,then we'll take off.
Me: OK.
MIL: I want to watch a program on TV.
Wife: OK what do you want?
MIL: Turn on Rachel Maddow,I like her show.
Me: We're leaving,now.

I've never sweated copper pipes together before today. I have one connection left to do tomorrow before I pressure test it, hopefully I don't have any leaks all of my connections look good and were clean. I'm going to worry about this all night.

Its not bad to do. My rental house I sweat all the pipes. No leaks. If I can do it, any half retarded person can do it. :flipoff2:

I've never sweated copper pipes together before today. I have one connection left to do tomorrow before I pressure test it, hopefully I don't have any leaks all of my connections look good and were clean. I'm going to worry about this all night.

Just clean them, flux them well and sweat. Don't forget to wipe the flux off afterward with a damp rag.

Just clean them, flux them well and sweat. Don't forget to wipe the flux off afterward with a damp rag.

And remember you are not applying the solder to the gap in the pipe connection. That is where it enters. You want to heat the pipe away from that area to draw it into the coupler. If done properly the entire coupling will fill with solder and create a large coverage area. I can't tell you how many leaky pipes I have fixed where it was applied to the crack like a weld. On a properly sweated connection you will not see much silver because it all got sucked into the joint. Whatever you do don't get it too hot either. Once the copper starts to discolor it's getting too hot. Heat slow and uniformly around the joint. At temp it will suck the solder into the joint and you will see it fill. Stop applying solder and move on to the next one.

And remember you are not applying the solder to the gap in the pipe connection. That is where it enters. You want to heat the pipe away from that area to draw it into the coupler. If done properly the entire coupling will fill with solder and create a large coverage area. I can't tell you how many leaky pipes I have fixed where it was applied to the crack like a weld. On a properly sweated connection you will not see much silver because it all got sucked into the joint. Whatever you do don't get it too hot either. Once the copper starts to discolor it's getting too hot. Heat slow and uniformly around the joint. At temp it will suck the solder into the joint and you will see it fill. Stop applying solder and move on to the next one.

this is all good advice.

torch flame also tends to turn green when you're getting it too hot.

Today instead of the regular 2 piles of human shit i have to step over on my 1 block walk in san Francisco i had 5 to avoid. The shelter must have been handing out mexican food last night.:rolleyes:

Today instead of the regular 2 piles of human shit i have to step over on my 1 block walk in san Francisco i had 5 to avoid. The shelter must have been handing out mexican food last night.:rolleyes:

SF had a cool vibe, but the entire city smells like piss.

Hard lesson learned while plumbing my shop:

Plan your connections and their order so you don't end up hoping solder flows uphill. Solder flows toward the heat, but cant defy gravity.

Hard lesson learned while plumbing my shop:

Plan your connections and their order so you don't end up hoping solder flows uphill. Solder flows toward the heat, but cant defy gravity.

You got it to hot then. Or the joint was dirty. I can flow uphill anytime. Right temp, flux and clean clean clean. I always emery cloth all my joints. That seems to help the flow for whatever reason, maybe the cross hatch marks help the flow. I struggled for a long time with copper and hated it. Got some great advice from an old plummer that lived next door 3 homes ago and it's been easy since.

How do you f'ing stand it?? I don't remember ANYTHING in SF that was worth the filth (that includes you, Nancy Piglosi)!

Eh....Fishermans Wharf, the pier, and Ghirardelli Square were always nice to visit. Jack's at the Cannery was cool until it closed. Haven't been back for a few years but that area was always fun for me.

Unless you buy all of your pex fittings on amazon in cheap bulk packs and those all leak also:homer:

Use the right kinds of fittings and you won't have leaks. :flipoff2:

25pex002-me03-03_04.jpg

Cough plastic is shit. Copper is the correct plumbing material.

solder runs uphill every day of the week when done correctly.

I used to think the same way. I have sweated miles of copper all the way up to 3". Over Christmas break I installed a whole home filtration system. Incoming water for my house is 1 1/4" pex, so I bought a refurbished M18 expander from CPO and all my fittings from Supplyhouse. Fuck me, greatest thing since sliced bread. I can see why it is being used in more industrial settings now.

Top Back Refresh