What's new

Useless things about your day!

[486 said:
;n372617]

since nobody bit on this one
he's got them ear gauge things

bunch of fuckin' no-fun prudes :c

I was going to make a comment about showing you my balloon knot... figured I'd give someone else the first shot at it...

I can relate. I’ve had this thought a lot over the last year.

Somedays I miss having nothing. Life kind of sucks, but you really dont have to worry about anything. Being a responsible adult is nice, I'm pretty sure it's designed to kill you though.

Somedays I miss having nothing. Life kind of sucks, but you really dont have to worry about anything. Being a responsible adult is nice, I'm pretty sure it's designed to kill you though.

No shit, I often miss the carefree hand to mouth years of my early 20's, things were so simple!

[486 said:
;n372617]

since nobody bit on this one
he's got them ear gauge things

bunch of fuckin' no-fun prudes :c

I caught it, just thought he was taller, first time I met 51plymouth I felt like such a dork for staring at his septum ring, I should have just told him shiny objects distract me, I pulled into his driveway and he starts walking up from the garden strapped up with a brace of 1911's :grinpimp:

Two more days until wife and kiddo go on a little vacation with her folks. Just me and the puppers for five days.

:bounce2:

I caught it, just thought he was taller, first time I met 51plymouth I felt like such a dork for staring at his septum ring, I should have just told him shiny objects distract me, I pulled into his driveway and he starts walking up from the garden strapped up with a brace of 1911's :grinpimp:

Exact same thoughts on him :laughing:

Good dude for sure.

Do something different with life.
Place I used to work for still hires me on from time to time, and there's that waste oil I haul off from there.
Was gonna haul tires to a cement kiln for them but then I found out that the cement kiln is actually an asphalt plant and they burn NG instead of tires. They're paying 4 bucks apiece to get rid of junk tires, I could make a living off of that.
Further research shows the closest operating cement kiln being in fucking iowa.

yeah, piercings and tattoos just kinda wierd me out
dunno really why, maybe they remind me that the more extreme side of the body modification scene exists, maybe it's about how more interesting things could have been done with the effort, maybe it's just a disdain for appearances that I've cultured
dunno, they just make me just that little bit more awkward around people

[486 said:
;n373219]
Place I used to work for still hires me on from time to time, and there's that waste oil I haul off from there.
Was gonna haul tires to a cement kiln for them but then I found out that the cement kiln is actually an asphalt plant and they burn NG instead of tires. They're paying 4 bucks apiece to get rid of junk tires, I could make a living off of that.
Further research shows the closest operating cement kiln being in fucking iowa.

dunno really why, maybe they remind me that the more extreme side of the body modification scene exists, maybe it's about how more interesting things could have been done with the effort, maybe it's just a disdain for appearances that I've cultured

I am 90% sure lefarge has a kiln in superior If I ain’t mistaken.

I am 90% sure lefarge has a kiln in superior If I ain’t mistaken.

google satellite view says you're correct

two weigh stations and 150 miles one way though
this other place was like 40mi round trip with no commercial cops so you could get away with a lot more retardation

Maybe it's time to buy an enclosed trailer. I'll have to call the place and see if they're burning tires though. Probably not because regulations though.

[486 said:
;n373259]Maybe it's time to buy an enclosed trailer. I'll have to call the place and see if they're burning tires though. Probably not because regulations though.

Any cement plant that can burn tires is burning them, hell the epa recommends it as the best way of disposing of tires. However, most plants burn shredded tires, whole tires would probably be a wet kiln and there are like 3 of those left in the country (and 2 of them for sure don't burn tires because of uninformed idiots).

[486 said:
;n373255]

google satellite view says you're correct

two weigh stations and 150 miles one way though
this other place was like 40mi round trip with no commercial cops so you could get away with a lot more retardation

my local tire guy said now he has to pay someone to haul the tires for him because (insert arbitrary tire amount) is now considered hazardous material.

If he just puts them in a trailer he gets in trouble.

of course this is hearsay from my local tire guy.

Any cement plant that can burn tires is burning them, hell the epa recommends it as the best way of disposing of tires.

Now you have me curious. I need to research cement plants. Never knew burning tires for cement was a thing.

Exact same thoughts on him :laughing:

Good dude for sure.

Well he does still owe me a 20mm50BMG bottle opener :flipoff2:
last time I stopped by it was spur of the moment, I texted him, I needed someone to smack me upside the head:homer: figured he would do it, He was at work, His wife text him and said a shitty truck pulled in the driveway sat there then left, I don't think anything was stolen :lmao:

my local tire guy said now he has to pay someone to haul the tires for him because (insert arbitrary tire amount) is now considered hazardous material.

I was once a PA permitted waste tire hauler :homer: which meant I could go to tire shops and collect tires and they would pay me, I could then dispose of them as I choose. If pulled over with them I show permit and no problem. only got it because I had too many tires at the shop I worked at and the incinerator would not accept them if I didn't have a permit, Here I was trying to do things properly enough and Nope you need to pay 50$ and wait three months then you can pay us to take your tires, I said so I can just dump them in the woods for free right? or drill holes in them add rocks and find a large body of water? I'm not going to do that but it doesn't require a fucking permit! Seems they found people were getting paid to take junk tires & dumping them. but somehow they fucked up joe shmos ability to dispose of them.

goddamn motherfucking useless government:mad3:

I was once a PA permitted waste tire hauler :homer: which meant I could go to tire shops and collect tires and they would pay me, I could then dispose of them as I choose. If pulled over with them I show permit and no problem. only got it because I had too many tires at the shop I worked at and the incinerator would not accept them if I didn't have a permit, Here I was trying to do things properly enough and Nope you need to pay 50$ and wait three months then you can pay us to take your tires, I said so I can just dump them in the woods for free right? or drill holes in them add rocks and find a large body of water? I'm not going to do that but it doesn't require a fucking permit! Seems they found people were getting paid to take junk tires & dumping them. but somehow they fucked up joe shmos ability to dispose of them.

goddamn motherfucking useless government:mad3:

yeah, it happened here a few years ago.
he used to just toss them all on the truck/trailer and take them to wherever you take them, but bow he's got to pay someone with a license to haul them to the same place.

just added cost on his end.

Arguing with idiots who own drones. Just playing devils advocate because was on a boring AF conf call. Calls about done. Prob gonna just stop replying when I leave for lunch. Sure they will love that. :lmao:

I hear cutting them in three pieces makes them okay to toss in dumpsters
youtube says it's real easy to do with a razor knife and a tire machine with the plate and four rim hooks that go out in a straight line

Last edited:
(and 2 of them for sure don't burn tires because of uninformed idiots).

color me interested

I assume "wet kiln" means the feedstock isn't dried before being pitched in
I can also see whole tires carrying a lot of water into the kiln, thus the shredding

[486 said:
;n373219]

Every now and then I consider going to work at a friends shop. I worry about him having enough work to keep me busy. I could live with a pay cut, but not an inconsistent paycheck. Have the opportunity to go work on the road and make better money. Dont know what I'd do with the dog though.

I decorate my body like the sad Charlie Brown Christmas tree it is. I'm down to 13 piercings from 18 I once had. Edit: ugly fucker that I am, I'm incredibly superficial when it comes to women.

Every now and then I consider going to work at a friends shop. I worry about him having enough work to keep me busy. I could live with a pay cut, but not an inconsistent paycheck. Have the opportunity to go work on the road and make better money. Dont know what I'd do with the dog though.

I decorate my body like the sad Charlie Brown Christmas tree it is. I'm down to 13 piercings from 18 I once had. Edit: ugly fucker that I am, I'm incredibly superficial when it comes to women.

it took a lot of sleepless nights and anxiety to get over walking away from a regular paycheck, but so far my lifestyle allows me to exist pretty easily without one.
I'm certainly not accruing any money and I will probably need to figure something out eventually to make money again in the future but for now, I'm able to coast along and tinker with shit. There's a massive labor shortage going on, skilled labor is in huge demand so a job ain't hard to find.

Really gotta get off my ass and pour more concrete at my place though... Easy excuse being that the weight restriction on the roads ain't up for a month yet.

Oh, was hammering some foamboard into stud cavities today and thinking about that shit, figured out where some of my aversion to body modding and bdsm shit in general springs from; was on the internet too early as a kid. Impressionable minds that can't yet separate reality from someone's fantasies don't mix well with shock sites and stories like cement.txt

[486 said:
;n373834]

color me interested

I assume "wet kiln" means the feedstock isn't dried before being pitched in
I can also see whole tires carrying a lot of water into the kiln, thus the shredding

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROMVJnVgqlk

Bestest video of a wet kiln tire injection setup that I know of. I think this one was in New York and shut down during the 08-09 crash.

Wet kiln means you feed a wet feed stock into a long rotary kiln (ours is 450 ft). The feed is about 35-37% solids and the rest water that you drive off. Considering we put 200 gpm into our kiln some water in the tires doesn't matter.

A dry kiln means you feed in dry material typically through a preheater and calciner into a short kiln (~100 ft). Not driving off all that water and capturing the heat in the preheater means you use about 40% less energy/ton hence other than markets like ours where raw materials costs are super low and the demand isn't comparatively high all of the wet kilns went away during the 08-09 slow down. In a dry kiln they burn shredded tires, medical waste, shredded rail road ties, saw dust, and anything else organic that they can get permitted and cheap to burn rather than injecting natural gas or coal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROMVJnVgqlk

Bestest video of a wet kiln tire injection setup that I know of. I think this one was in New York and shut down during the 08-09 crash.

Wet kiln means you feed a wet feed stock into a long rotary kiln (ours is 450 ft). The feed is about 35-37% solids and the rest water that you drive off. Considering we put 200 gpm into our kiln some water in the tires doesn't matter.

A dry kiln means you feed in dry material typically through a preheater and calciner into a short kiln (~100 ft). Not driving off all that water and capturing the heat in the preheater means you use about 40% less energy/ton hence other than markets like ours where raw materials costs are super low and the demand isn't comparatively high all of the wet kilns went away during the 08-09 slow down. In a dry kiln they burn shredded tires, medical waste, shredded rail road ties, saw dust, and anything else organic that they can get permitted and cheap to burn rather than injecting natural gas or coal.

Does seem real strange to be throwing in water that you'd need to drive off when the main expense is fuel.
Ah, wikipedia has a whole deal on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cement_kiln#The_wet_process_and_the_dry_process

I assume the whole tires only going into a wet kiln would be because of how much more time everything spends in there. More time for them to burn down, where shredded shit burns quicker.

[486 said:
;n374092]

Does seem real strange to be throwing in water that you'd need to drive off when the main expense is fuel.
Ah, wikipedia has a whole deal on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cement_kiln#The_wet_process_and_the_dry_process

I assume the whole tires only going into a wet kiln would be because of how much more time everything spends in there. More time for them to burn down, where shredded shit burns quicker.

It took them a while to figure out how to grind and mix without water and then getting the controls right to keep it working took computers getting down to room sized. One of the advantages to a wet kiln is you can always fix the feed because you have giant slurry tanks feeding your kiln so you can fuck up your raw mix for 12 hours and you didn't make 12 hours of shit clinker. You just have a tank you blend off for 24 hours. With modern controls it doesn't make up for the energy consumption but it does mean we have a lot less shit clinker sitting around to blend off than our sister plants.

It took them a while to figure out how to grind and mix without water and then getting the controls right to keep it working took computers getting down to room sized. One of the advantages to a wet kiln is you can always fix the feed because you have giant slurry tanks feeding your kiln so you can fuck up your raw mix for 12 hours and you didn't make 12 hours of shit clinker. You just have a tank you blend off for 24 hours. With modern controls it doesn't make up for the energy consumption but it does mean we have a lot less shit clinker sitting around to blend off than our sister plants.
so with the dry kilns they can't stock the feedstock? Guess it'd want to clump up if you aren't just tossing it in straight off the ball mill. Going straight from the mill to the kiln would also save having to drop the dust out of the continuous feed blower air going through the ball mill, just pipe it straight in

I was reading that even just keeping the feedstock fed in past the draft rushing out was the biggest problem for the dry process
the vortex dust separators/exhaust cleaners/feed preheaters are really cool engineering

man, who needs drugs when there's so much cool shit to read about?

I've never sweated copper pipes together before today. I have one connection left to do tomorrow before I pressure test it, hopefully I don't have any leaks all of my connections look good and were clean. I'm going to worry about this all night.

I've never sweated copper pipes together before today. I have one connection left to do tomorrow before I pressure test it, hopefully I don't have any leaks all of my connections look good and were clean. I'm going to worry about this all night.

Na , worry tomorrow when you have several leaks.:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh