What's new

Useless things about your day!

The idea of a wood shed is beyond me. I just stack between two other trees.

Its my main source of heat. I'll burn all three sheds in a colder year. I don't think we got a single day in negative temps this past winter, actually. My first year hear I left the wood outside on pallets and it was a shit show. All frozen together, fire was impossible to keep going.

The idea of a wood shed is beyond me. I just stack between two other trees.

it is very wet up in the north
if you don't cover it it will never dry out enough to burn good in a modern crappy low draft secondary burn blahblahblah firebox
also it freezes together and you end up dragging in a bunch of snow that makes a mess

My view when I went out to fire up the grill this evening :grinpimp:

5DD94958-120F-4E85-9FAF-546C6B992C96.jpeg

Today my wife was given a "sherpa" sweater. I told her that it was fucked up that they make clothes out of people.
"What do you mean?!"
​​​"Sherpas are people babe, they're from Tibet, they're the ones who carry shit up mount everest for the rich people."
"What...no, there's no way they make sweaters out of people!"
"I'm serious, Sherpas are people! Google it!"
"I will!"

A short time passes.

"OH MY GOD THEY ARE!"
She runs to the closet, hauls the sweater out and looks at the tag "It's made of polyester you asshole!"

"Well then it's not real sherpa is it??"

Then she told our son I was being a mean old man and he got mad at her her calling me names:laughing:

Today my wife was given a "sherpa" sweater. I told her that it was fucked up that they make clothes out of people.
"What do you mean?!"
​​​"Sherpas are people babe, they're from Tibet, they're the ones who carry shit up mount everest for the rich people."
"I will!"

A short time passes.

"OH MY GOD THEY ARE!"
She runs to the closet, hauls the sweater out and looks at the tag "It's made of polyester you asshole!"

Then she told our son I was being a mean old man and he got mad at her her calling me names:laughing:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Got a promotion to the Level 1 position I was working towards but had low expectations of getting due to company hemorrhaging money since ridership dropped 99% on our boats and SF shut down the city last year. Boss pushed for it and it got approved within 20 mins of him bringing it up. Most were surprised I was still a journeyman. Comes with a $6/hr raise:grinpimp::grinpimp:

Congrats. PM me when you want me to interpret your contract. :lmao:

Watching "You've got mail" with the lady. Got curious to see if AOL mail still existed because I had the AOL pager and email back in the day. Email still works but everything, contacts, old emails, etc, are gone. I have five emails from 2020 and that's it.

Would have been cool to see all my old emails and contacts from those days.

Watching "You've got mail" with the lady. Got curious to see if AOL mail still existed because I had the AOL pager and email back in the day. Email still works but everything, contacts, old emails, etc, are gone. I have five emails from 2020 and that's it.

You still remember your password?

"What do you mean?!"
"I will!"

A short time passes.

"OH MY GOD THEY ARE!"

In some distant past, our wives shared ancestors. :laughing:

You still remember your password?
times were simpler then
they didn't mandate a special character and a number and a upper case letter
so you could actually pick a password that would be hard for a computer to guess and be easy for people to remember
like "moldydrywall" or some such

[486 said:
;n368454]
times were simpler then
they didn't mandate a special character and a number and a upper case letter
so you could actually pick a password that would be hard for a computer to guess and be easy for people to remember
like "moldydrywall" or some such

It was always vehicular shit for me like

year engine displacement trans abbreviated model etc. Then later taking advice about not using the same password for all overran my brain trying to associate the password with the account lost access to too much stuff I vomited out to the interwebs.

It was always vehicular shit for me like

year engine displacement trans abbreviated model etc. Then later taking advice about not using the same password for all overran my brain trying to associate the password with the account lost access to too much stuff I vomited out to the interwebs.
I just look at whatever's on my desk at the time and then chastize myself for picking stupid things like "linoleumtile" or "tapemeasure" but then I remember that none of it fucking matters
someone steals my name on here what are they gonna do? at worst try and scam someone outta a set of axles or some shit

Congrats. PM me when you want me to interpret your contract. :lmao:

Go shit on someone else’s parade:flipoff2:
I’ve worked hard and checked off all the boxes needed on the requirements page to get to this point. I was a welder/pipe fitter for 15 years. Changed to this job mid 2019. Different field completely.
it would be like you going from teaching English to teaching physics or something.
The people that didn’t know are people that aren’t directly involved with me.:flipoff2:
I’m happy because now that I attained this position and got this raise, the requirements to get to level 2 involve being with the company for 6 years and having a lot more knowledge than I have right now.

So I'm heading home on 35, 70 mph in the slow lane, see something strange undulating on the shoulder, couldn't brain it out in the distance. Amish open topped buggy? They should be on 61, not 35...
Turns out it's some guy pushing a motorcycle.
Mental math, mile north of the harris exit, no gas in harris, something like 7 miles to north branch, and it's getting dark soon... Oh, I've always got that gallon can of saw gas with me. Get pulled over and backed up to him and he's this white collar tatooed guy (funny how that works now, even doctors and lawyers are trashy)
get it dumped in there and all over the tank because no funnel, killed the battery running the flashers to where it'd barely crank. Couldn't get the seat off to get at the battery, as I'm finding something to stab in there at the starter's battery terminal he gets it going. I didn't even think about it until 30 miles later that it coulda been push started.

Needed a Radiator for the 72 K10. Nowhere stocks one, didn't want an ebay aluminum one, didn't want to wait a week or 2, went to U pull n pay when I saw that they had a 72 C10. Get there, its been there 2 weeks, all that was left was the cab, fenders, half the bed and the front crossmember/suspension. Don't remember ever seeing a whole frame gone before. Checked closer, all the wiper stuff was there, so I grabbed it, since mine are squeaky. 18 days in the yard and that biatch is stripped. Had a relay under the dash, the back window, the glovebox door and the ignition switch left. Pretty rusty floorboards so the cabs not worth grabbing.

Started walking around looking and measuring, a 77 Chevy van had almost the exact same radiator but it was all bashed up. Found a nice brass one in a 88 Chevy van, still full of coolant, only major differences were both outlets were smaller diameter and the bottom outlet came out straight instead of angled up about 15 degrees. Close enough. overall tank dimensions were almost identical. Got it in, no leaks and now if I need one I know a couple options that will work and are more likely to be in stock at a parts house.

[486 said:
;n367048]

oh and chains were apparently misplaced
I was reefing on that fucker pretty hard with a ratchet binder on the other side too

At least you know the light is solid :laughing: I never looked under trying to pull slack. Noted for next time.

At least you know the light is solid :laughing: I never looked under trying to pull slack. Noted for next time.

Best part is that I can just barely remember having done the same thing before.
guess if you gotta get old-tech taillights look for the 'grote' brand ones

I fuckin hate when shit like that happens. Makes me think that making good money is making me lose my resourcefulness.

extra funny because growing up we had a 60cc mini-enduro that the kick start shaft broke, so it had to be push started every time

Just an fyi (for future purposes) on jumping a bike off a car battery, make sure the vehicle is off. I've blown a few fuses jumping the bike when we've started the car.

Just an fyi (for future purposes) on jumping a bike off a car battery, make sure the vehicle is off. I've blown a few fuses jumping the bike when we've started the car.

my shit really doesn't like to idle, the piston bowls cool off and fill with unburnt fuel coke, making it smoke white something horrible
even at that, I ain't shutting it off on the side of the freeway though, not for nothing.

protip: cut pistons and "bottom of the catalog huge" nozzles aren't good for emissions

AOL bought verizons email services - so the switched all the Verizon.net emails to aol..com....
So they are still around...have had the same email address for over 20 years

Had a few small pines I wanted to transplant out by the road to block the view of my stuff. Tree spade is money, and they're only like 3-5' tall
Got one of the 4 footers today with the forks on the skidsteer, just speared them into the ground under it and lifted it out.
Thought to myself "well that went a lot better than I expected it would" it promptly fell over off the forks.

I tried to reposition so I could pick it back up, nope, dryest day so far (rain tomorrow or the next day, I forget which) but still wet enough to sink it to the skidpan
Hop out and grab the fuckin tree and drag it a couple hundred feet over to where I'd pre-dug the hole where it'll hopefully live.
Fork the skidsteer back to where it was on its wheels again and park it.
Tree only had like 2 cubic feet of rootball/dirt left after dragging it over there, so I watered the shit out of it, then pissed on it a couple times for good measure.
Left a water jug on it with a nail hole punched in it but the cap on tight. It'll fart out a little water as the temperature changes.

Hit it with miracle-gro tomorrow, or just let it do its thing?
Continue pissing on it, or just water?

Top Back Refresh