What's new

Trump's chances of winning? Down to the wire, you're Chic Anderson - make the call.

GDP up 33% or so for the 3rd quarter pretty well counts as a shitton. Lock it back down Joe has said he would do everything in his power to make policies like those in WA state federal, regardless if your state is covid down or up

That sounds great but when you consider the Q1 ~5% drop and Q2 ~30% drop it's not really all that great. It might be even worse after the inevitable revision that will come in the next month or so.

Click image for larger version Name:	chart.png Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	176773

And where did I ever say that Joe was a good candidate?

Let's see, there's the Geneva Consensus Declaration working to ban abortions worldwide because jeebus says so. (also harping on overturning roe v wade to protect good christians from the urge to have an abortion)
Banning muslims from entering the country because of their religion and nothing else.
Bump stock ban.
The evangelical payback of "teh transgenders are ruining our military" thing a few years ago.
Signing the FISA bill (the NSA mass surveillance of all of us bill)
Then there's this list which is mostly fluff but there are a few solid nuggets in there https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/

alright, so he hasn't done shit to abortion
when were muslims banned for their religion and nothing else :confused:
bump stock ban was trash, let's compare that with the STATED goal of AWB from team blue
transgender ban is a pretty weak individual liberties thing. it doesn't say that you can't be transgender in the US, just that the federal government shouldn't be paying for it
FISA bill, also trash but hardly some sort of trump campaign stump

so FISA and Bump Stocks, that's where you are drawing the line. :beer:

at least that means you aren't a biden supporter

edit: i agree that trump hasn't been perfect, but i'll gladly fight him over those issues

alright, you said you cared about liberty and then cited the debt as your only point.

Trump doesn't cry about religion (is he even religious outside of a photo op?) and he certainly hasn't championed federal anti-abortion laws. I'd be curious if you could try again to paint him as the more anti individual liberty candidate. 3rd times a charm

Those are actually a few things I like about Trump. His supreme court picks don't seem to back that up though.

Those are actually a few things I like about Trump. His supreme court picks don't seem to back that up though.

are you going to say that is because they are catholics? because most of the SCOTUS is roman-catholics and the other 2 are jewish.

Kavangaugh and gorsuch both voted with the "liberals" to strike down the LA state limited access law. I have a hard time seeing that change with ACB, so it isn't even like his court picks are anti-abortion or even anti-access

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/supreme-court-abortion-decision-louisiana-law-struck-down.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13769
"we're not banning muslims, just people from islamic countries" Just like how the AWB didn't ban guns, just some guns.

Executive Order 13769 lowered the number of refugees to be admitted into the United States in 2017 to 50,000, suspended the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, suspended the entry of Syrian refugees indefinitely, directed some cabinet secretaries to suspend entry of those whose countries do not meet adjudication standards under U.S. immigration law for 90 days, and included exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) lists these countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.[SUP][2][/SUP] More than 700 travelers were detained, and up to 60,000 visas were "provisionally revoked".[SUP][3][/SUP]

here is why the muslim ban claim is stupid.

Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen....are all countries actively (still) involved in war and extremism.

there are approximately 50 openly stated or constitutionally Muslim countries. 7 that are actively engaged in armed anti-US conflict were targeted for travel bans. that is not a religious test on immigration, in the least

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13769
"we're not banning muslims, just people from islamic countries" Just like how the AWB didn't ban guns, just some guns.

I have to admit, that EO was disappointing. I wanted a full-scale Muslim ban, on the basis of their ideology alone.

The only consolation from all of this is that Muslims will attack Lefties first, and they will be the ones that have to bleed to change their minds. So I guess if people have to feel pain to wake up, might as well be you.

France is under a renewed series of Muslim attacks, a beheading over some cartoons, which is a direct attack on the foundation of Western Civilization, another knifing yesterday, and a beheading, stabbing, and murder today.

You and anybody that does not support a Muslim ban is responsible for that. That teacher died because of you, those church-goers (whom you probably hate) are your fault. Muslims are the Scorpion, and they what Scorpions do. You allowed it. It's your fault.

F6nYdEa.png

They will slay you in the Name of the state

Just confirmed what we all knew.

Don't care how, just as long as their man wins.

I think you'd find if there was 100% proof of a fair election and Trump loss, conservatives would be fine. It would suck for them, but they'd be fine. We dealt with 8 years of Obama.

But, my county just lost THOUSANDS of mail-in ballots. So...this is fraud.

That sounds great but when you consider the Q1 ~5% drop and Q2 ~30% drop it's not really all that great. It might be even worse after the inevitable revision that will come in the next month or so.

And where did I ever say that Joe was a good candidate?

the thing about it is, the alternative platform is to shut it down and keep it locked up for a good while yet. i.e. end the recovery and keep putting it off. it's just shit.

the fact that joe isn't just not a good candidate, but such a horrible one, is what made me vote for an R president for possibly the first time in my life

Are people seriously suggesting a ban on Muslims based solely on a few Muslims killing people? Ridiculous.

nobody in political office is. that is the whole point.

the media made a significant effort to paint it that way though, as we see with the dildopine still pushing that narrative

the thing about it is, the alternative platform is to shut it down and keep it locked up for a good while yet. i.e. end the recovery and keep putting it off. it's just shit.

the fact that joe isn't just not a good candidate, but such a horrible one, is what made me vote for an R president for possibly the first time in my life

It is a shit plan, and the "OMG 33% GDP MAGAAAAAAAAA!" claim is just as bad. And I'm still not trying to paint Biden as a worthwhile candidate, why do you keep coming back to that?

It is a shit plan, and the "OMG 33% GDP MAGAAAAAAAAA!" claim is just as bad. And I'm still not trying to paint Biden as a worthwhile candidate, why do you keep coming back to that?

i didn't type it out like that :laughing: it is certainly a counter to the claim that "the dow is the only thing that is up, MFG isn't up". if MFG and all kinds of other shit wasn't up, then the GDP wouldn't have increased. it is simply evidence that your shit claim is shit.

Several posts up i said "at least you aren't a biden supporter :beer: " and in the post you quoted i simply laid out MY reason for flopping over to a trump voter this year. it didn't have shit to do with you :flipoff2:

you could say that i keep coming back to the biden comparison because he IS the alternative being foisted. biden in 20 is not clinton in 16 or obama before that or kerry before or gore, well, maybe gore.

Just confirmed what we all knew.

Don't care how, just as long as their man wins.

I think you'd find if there was 100% proof of a fair election and Trump loss, conservatives would be fine. It would suck for them, but they'd be fine. We dealt with 8 years of Obama.

But, my county just lost THOUSANDS of mail-in ballots. So...this is fraud.

And that is the problem.....some of the recent Trump events had 50 percent Democrat attendees.

Soooooo Early voting wasn't what it was supposed to be.

They will likely manage to pull it off though. So long Trump.

are you going to say that is because they are catholics? because most of the SCOTUS is roman-catholics and the other 2 are jewish.

Kavangaugh and gorsuch both voted with the "liberals" to strike down the LA state limited access law. I have a hard time seeing that change with ACB, so it isn't even like his court picks are anti-abortion or even anti-access

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/supreme-court-abortion-decision-louisiana-law-struck-down.html

Just going by their stated beliefs, religion being one of them. In theory, it shouldn't matter of course, because they should be sticking to a fair and unbiased interpretation of constitution...right? :homer:

Are people seriously suggesting a ban on Muslims based solely on a few Muslims killing people? Ridiculous.

Of course you would.

nobody in political office is. that is the whole point.

the media made a significant effort to paint it that way though, as we see with the dildopine still pushing that narrative

I'm not apologizing for it. I began taking this seriously after 9/11. Apparently most other people were just traumatized and panicky.

I read, and viewed, with rapt attention, every single one of OBL's missives. Then I got a copy of the Quran, the best English translation I could find (the definitive one).

https://www.amazon.com/Quran-Oxford-Worlds-Classics/dp/0199535957?tag=91812054244-20

And I pored through enough of that. Then I watched Boston, Nice, Stockholm, Pasadena, Pulse, Cologne, Rotherham, Ariana Grande, etc etc and pored over those details.

This is not going away. Just because you know some nice Muslims, just because most Muslims are not going to participate in attacks, is no justification for having the mother that produces these murderous babies here.

Then there are the attacks on Free Speech, the further restrictions on behavior, the demands for concessions about dress at pools, when women can be about, which are already happening all over the West.

Muslims come and are quiet at first. They attempt to fit in an comply with rules.

Then they begin demanding that rules are changed to accommodate their sensibilities on dress.

Then they broadcast their calls to prayer and any objection is met with charges of Islamophobia.

Then they begin charging people with Islamophobia for what they say or write.

Then there are child sex exploitation rings (which you Lefties laughed at and called us racists for mentioning)

Then the violence begins.

Well fuck all of that, fuck you, and fuck the Prophet Muhamed.

Ka6ayIE.jpg

But like I said, they'll attack you equivocating fucks first. Sad, but maybe necessary.

Just going by their stated beliefs, religion being one of them. In theory, it shouldn't matter of course, because they should be sticking to a fair and unbiased interpretation of constitution...right? :homer:

right, so the stated belief religion of the WHOLE COURT is anti abortion, yet, in practice that is obviously not the case. Are you going to be concerned about it despite the actual evidence of them voting not based on their religion?

it's not just you, i regularly hear this argument and it baffles me. it requires wholesale suspension of reality to maintain that fear.

It’s simple..... I’m voting policy not person!!!!!
Trump denounced CRT!!!!!!!
TRUMP 2020!!!!!

and there is that. mama jojo said "black lives matter!" and thinks she can walk the trash line of "we support the phrase but not the movement but the people but not the power" or some soft nonsense.

trump said "the first i heard of black lives matter, they were chanting 'wrap the pigs up and fry them like bacon'"

i didn't type it out like that :laughing: it is certainly a counter to the claim that "the dow is the only thing that is up, MFG isn't up". if MFG and all kinds of other shit wasn't up, then the GDP wouldn't have increased. it is simply evidence that your shit claim is shit.

But it doesn't show that at all. Manufacturing is only a part of the GDP and has been on the decline for some time.

The GDP bump shows that things reopened after being shut down and we're back to where we were in Q1 2018, more or less, when looking at the inflation adjusted GDP. It's still not the rosy picture being painted by the president. Was it avoidable? Maybe, but that ship sailed in January and for better or worse it's going to get hung on the president's neck.

From the St. Louis fed website:

Click image for larger version Name:	fedchart.JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	176857

But it doesn't show that at all. It just shows that things reopened after being shut down

that is exactly what it shows and that is exactly the point and that directly reflects manufacturing and main street coming back, meaning it isn't just a bunch of wall street suits making trillions on the DOW, it is also everybody else who has been allowed to open.

end the shutdowns and it will continue to improve, it's that simple.

that is exactly what it shows and that is exactly the point and that directly reflects manufacturing and main street coming back, meaning it isn't just a bunch of wall street suits making trillions on the DOW, it is also everybody else who has been allowed to open.

end the shutdowns and it will continue to improve, it's that simple.

That's two different things. The DOW is still in the shitter from where it was. The president has repeatedly touted a high DOW as being a sign of amazingly yuuuuuuge economic promises delivered, and it isn't.

That's two different things. The DOW is still in the shitter from where it was. The president has repeatedly touted a high DOW as being a sign of amazingly yuuuuuuge economic promises delivered, and it isn't.

3Q GDP grew 33.1%

You don't keep up on financial news. I know a few people here are involved with finance.

So we are down for the year by 7%, but that is a remarkable recovery, due no doubt to Trump's lower corporate and capital taxes, and lower regulation.

You can't dispute this. This is not a matter of opinion. One of your Lefty leaders could not produce this recovery.

And this despite Lefties ruining the economies of various States such as Gretchen and Michigan.

But I don't expect a Lefty such as yourself to understand Economics 101 and 102. You work on feelings and (fake and mutable) values. Because you're less intelligent, and have an overly-high opinion of your own morality.

in the shitter? it set a record high not too terribly long ago :rasta: the largest economy in the nation, CA, is still under high, generally, covid restrictions. open it all up, watch the growth return

Top Back Refresh