What's new

Toyota Garage Sale ~ Buy, Sell & Trade thread.

Finally getting time to start thinking about a 2RZ or 3RZ swap in my buggy (very tight chassis so gotta stick with a 4 banger). The 22re was rebuild 20 years ago and i think it is time for an upgrade and a few more horses.

Looking around now for an engine, wiring harness and computer. 2RZ, 3RZ i don't really care. How is everyone finding one these days? Any sources? Im in Atlanta, GA area if that helps. Willing to drive to pick one up.
Buying complete rot boxes for drivetrain and parting them. Can get a complete Taco with a bluetooth frame pretty easily around here and most still run and drive. Everything you need is there and ready to be picked. Full engine, harness, bell if you buy a stick one.

FWIW the 3rz isn't exactly tiny either. My car was built to fit a LS/TH400/Atlas no problem and it's damned full underhood with a 3rz.

I just so happened to come across a 2RZ yesterday that a guy pulled from a truck recently to swap into his old Celica. It has engine, harness, tranny, radiator etc. Getting for $900 which i think is a great deal.

Only bad thing, he already sold the computer so i gotta find one for a 2wd 1998 tacoma. Let me know if anyone has one!

It’s a long shot, but I’m looking for a clean title and vin tag for a 2000 Tacoma. I picked up a abandoned truck, but the title is junked in the DMV. The vin has been erased on the door tag and the windshield tag is mostly gone.

Still looking for some trail spare parts...
geek out on this site, you can find all the spare shit you want for a decent price for sure.

1658433545578.png

Edit: Parts are gone

Anyone want some free IFS parts, 4:56 gears, 4 bilsteins, rear coils, all stock height stuff.

I am keeping the IFS hubs.

Attachments

• 91F56BC2-A9DC-4832-9F2D-157BD373984D.jpeg
    91F56BC2-A9DC-4832-9F2D-157BD373984D.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • 2CA9FA01-2057-4DDD-9257-DBE049B43E58.jpeg
    2CA9FA01-2057-4DDD-9257-DBE049B43E58.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
  • C549D8BC-83EF-4DF9-AAFD-3B34FBFD0014.jpeg
    C549D8BC-83EF-4DF9-AAFD-3B34FBFD0014.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
3rd Gen 4Runner suspension and Walker Evans shocks...

WANTED: Looking for a set of 1st Gen Tacoma front buckets... Gray in color.

Looking to trade a pair of ifs wheel hubs for some srw hubs. They have slip on rotors that I would include for your rotors. They have arp studs as well, so would prefer if yours had upgraded studs, 7/16 bolts or ad a bit of cash as I'd rather not deal with pulling them out.

If anyone is interested, I can pull a wheel and get better pics.

20220903_174333.jpg

Looks like the previous owner flipped the calipers to the inside of the knuckle ears. Drilled the knuckles out and tapped the calipers to a bigger thread. Meaning if someone wants to trade we'd have to swap everything.

Also have a pair moog stock replacement coils (these gave me ~1" lift from the 250k mile stockers when they were new) and a pair of 2" coil spacers for a 3rd gen 4runner. $40?

Last edited:
I have a post in the wanted section, but will probably get more traffic here. Looking hard for a set of 4 or 5, 15x8, 6 on 5.5 2.5 or 2 inch backspace wheels. Really prefer the soft 8 style, but I'll take what I can get.

Stock wheels. 15x7 offset 8.
$80 or make me an offer.
Local pickup only

43027FF7-DE93-4929-A8EF-3716404E6469.jpeg

Last edited:
85 front still set up for leafs
IFS rear, with full truss and backbone set up for links
5.29 gears with welded 3rds in both

Front has
-Original 30 spline cromoly longfield shafts, birfs and hub gears
-ARP studs
-5th stud modification
-highsteer

Had to cut the TRE at the pitman arm but the rest are in good shape

Asking 2k. Can put in a pallet and load on a trick if you setup and pay for shipping.

Attachments

• 20221015_143718.jpg
    20221015_143718.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20221015_143704.jpg
    20221015_143704.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
never thought to post here, but i have a rolling sas chassis from a 01 double cab prerunner. i got it thinking id swap over everything from my 85 w a 5vz swap, but really dont wheel anymore and it'd be overkill as a farm truck. it's got most of the tg sas kit, but looks to be missing the shocks, tcase member, and maybe misc small stuff. it has the 5'' springs, front hanger, x over, 6 shooter knuckles on 85 toytoa axle, ifs steering box, front and rear frame plated, front shock towers, etc. i look the engine and will be using it in my 01 that has a blown engine.

located in camden sc. i can probably get a title and a vin plate if needed.

sorry, my keyboard is broken.. no shift/caps. flipoff2 lol

4 Wheel Underground Front 3 Link Kit Complete.

Anyone have an open 8" carrier with spiders?? Broke a Detroit and going welded.

i fucking broke 2 welded ones, i dont think i had enough of a chunk welded up, who knows, maybe just the shock loading too
Did you just weld the spiders, or add in metal plating and fill it up solid like the ones below? Granted I did these for my buddy's 60 and 14B, but you get the idea. Never had any carrier I've welded let go.

Screenshot_20221026-223958_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221027-102012_Gallery.jpg

now i never went that crazy. but now think i should have..... i did spiders and put a chunk of steel in there but never went full awesome like yours.

i think i could have welded also where the orange arrows are pointed at too.
1666882502815.png
I've actually never welded to the carrier itself. I don't see any reason not to, but people give mixed opinions. I plan on welding to the carrier and filling the whole damn thing up and see how it does. These stock carriers are cheap enough, may as well. Crank the welder up hot, and pre and post heat the carrier, and I'm sure it will be fine. I'll let you know after I do mine that way how it holds up.

Last edited:
i dont have a pic but when the last one broke, i think it was this one it also cracked the carrier, but i think that was from things coming apart and not having a place to go verse carrier breaking by its self. so i say weld it all. let nothing have a chance of moving....... or breaking..

i dont have a pic but when the last one broke, i think it was this one it also cracked the carrier, but i think that was from things coming apart and not having a place to go verse carrier breaking by its self. so i say weld it all. let nothing have a chance of moving....... or breaking..
That's my plan. I broke a short side inner on my yota buggy from literally slamming into an undercut rock I just flat didn't see before I adjusted the seat mounts where I could see out of the driver seat better. It took out the Detroit as well. I most certainly do not need a Detroit, and don't want any more moving parts in there. Unless a street driven rig, I don't think I'll ever run anything other than welded ever again.

Top Back Refresh