What's new

Things you've wanted to say. Let it out.

Have Type2 diabetes, terminal liver (PBC) will die of old age first, eligible to retire, no shits to give of what .gov says, recently divorced 07/2021. I work with some really great folks, I enjoy my job, it involves shit that blows up, and our crew is good. I love it, until the day I don't. Then I will say fuck it and walk. Until then nope, working with great people are all it takes. Only 57yo,.

Have Type2 diabetes, terminal liver (PBC) will die of old age first, eligible to retire, no shits to give of what .gov says, recently divorced 07/2021. I work with some really great folks, I enjoy my job, it involves shit that blows up, and our crew is good. I love it, until the day I don't. Then I will say fuck it and walk. Until then nope, working with great people are all it takes. Only 57yo,.
Screenshot_20211025-201540_Chrome.jpg

You have some updating to do... less the updating is done:flipoff2:

Reactions: Clb
Our country is NOT a democracy or even a representative republic. We are a bureaucracy, plain and simple, and I don't care what any founding documents say about it.

When our elected representatives delegated their powers to governmental agencies, our form of government changed.

Archery hunters wound/lose 10x more animals per capita than rifle hunters.
And on this note, cross-bow hunters are more ethical than bow hunters for similar reason you just stated.

I'm sick and tired of working hard, fixing shit on my own and saving my $$$ and planning for retirement when that $$$ is now going to lose probably half its value in the next 3 years. I want to stop contributing to my 401k and just spend it on things I want. And then be a broke useless fuck like everyone else at 65. But with a bunch of cool shit.

But I can't or won't.

I'm sick and tired of working hard, fixing shit on my own and saving my $$$ and planning for retirement when that $$$ is now going to lose probably half its value in the next 3 years. I want to stop contributing to my 401k and just spend it on things I want. And then be a broke useless fuck like everyone else at 65. But with a bunch of cool shit.

But I can't or won't.
Hopefully investments will rise with inflation, damn sure cash wont, so I'm working on getting my burn rate down.

But I can't or won't.
As long as you can wash down perfectly seasoned chicken wings with your beer of choice, you're all good.

But I can't or won't.
Yea. I've had that feeling pretty hard this year.

Those of us that don't live paycheck to paycheck, that have cash in the bank, minimal debt, drive old high mileage stuff when we could afford something new, have investments. .. we're about to take a major ass raping. Trevor and Anna Grace, w/ same income, living in McMansion Manor, driving '22 model whatevers, $2900 in checking on Friday and $9.75 on Tuesday, they're gonna be better off than we are.

Part of me wants to go get a new truck and solar on the house (not for environment), and just run up some credit cards getting all the shit I want.

I won't do it, but I sure dwell on it alot. :laughing:

Those of us that don't live paycheck to paycheck, that have cash in the bank, minimal debt, drive old high mileage stuff when we could afford something new, have investments. .. we're about to take a major ass raping. Trevor and Anna Grace, w/ same income, living in McMansion Manor, driving '22 model whatevers, $2900 in checking on Friday and $9.75 on Tuesday, they're gonna be better off than we are.

Part of me wants to go get a new truck and solar on the house (not for environment), and just run up some credit cards getting all the shit I want.

Ya know, if you had said that back in '99, you'd be exactly right.

Not much changes, huh?

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be working until I die. I get bored when left to my own devices so no retirement, no investments other than tangibles like tools and knowledge.

Those like yourself doing it right will either be princes or paupers when it all comes down. The guys like me with a few nickels to rub together, very little debt (under 30% of my average income) will likely stay where we're at or move up because knowledge and abilities power.

I think 90% of people on disability/welfare need kicked off. Unless you have no arms and legs or are a quadriplegic there’s a job out there you can do. Might have to learn new skills, but just because your life circumstances change doesn’t entitle you to a free ride on someone else’s dime and sitting on your ass for the rest of your life.

Kick these lazy ass bums off disability/welfare and let them starve in the street. A couple days of being cold and hungry will force them to get their shit together.

I went 25 years between new trucks. then bought a new one for 3 years in a row. but I had no other debt.
I had a new truck in 2003 and bought a 15k mile 2016 last year. I just see all that $$ in my 401k that keeps doing not much and it's buying power just keeps tanking. Shit, even my current salary gets "lower" every day. 11 years ago I hired my first employee at $12 now the same job is at $23. It's not worth that. But to get someone decent that's what it takes. :mad3:

I'm counting on my investments going up enough in the next three years that it will make my house payment. I'm three years in to a 10 year note so the payment is a whopper, and I don't want to have a house or car payment if I'm going to retire early. I can keep working for 7 more years no problem, but would really like to pack it in after 3. We don't have kids, so our financial situation is different than a lot of folks.

Depends on the well too. My parents well had super hard water that was ok but not great to drink.
Somebody had a cottage rental & showed me the kitchen faucet while water was running, rotten eggs smell-

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be working until I die. I get bored when left to my own devices so no retirement, no investments other than tangibles like tools and knowledge.
Fuck that. I'm right now watching my dad worry and work himself to death when he should have retired years ago. His health is failing, and my mom is maybe worse than him.

I swear to God I will not work myself to the grave like he is. I'll sacrifice and save now while I can, so I don't have to be like him and work until my dieing day.

Fuck that. I'm right now watching my dad worry and work himself to death when he should have retired years ago. His health is failing, and my mom is maybe worse than him.

I swear to God I will not work myself to the grave like he is. I'll sacrifice and save now while I can, so I don't have to be like him and work until my dieing day.
Meh, I don't see society lasting until I'm old so I'm making that bet on myself vs the retirement funds that will be worthless.

But I can't or won't.
Christmas 2008 I was on the edge of a layoff with 2 kids, one a newborn, a new mortgage, cut bonuses, cut OT, the buy and sell market was frozen, I felt sick knowing I'd just watch my savings burn if I got laid off.
I vowed to never be there again, savers are suckers, you can't outsave inflation.
When my industry came roaring back in the spring, I bought every piece of equipment I could get my hands on for pennies on the dollar, truck's, trailers, tractor, forklifts, welders, you name it, high quality used stuff, if I ever got jammed up, I could liquidate it at a profit.

I intend to be a semi retired old man on a hobby farm, restoring cars and equipment, so ill just buy my toys now, at today's prices, use them now, save my back now, instead of trying to buy things to make my life easier at 2042 prices.

^^^^ Gets it. All the planning means fuck all when things collapse. The one thing I can always count on is my ability to make money. My parents asked me how much of my unemwelfare I was saving, I said none and they were aghast at the thought. I told them I'm buying tools to make more than I could save by 10 fold. I proved that theory correct when unemwelfare cut me off for 14 weeks by making cash to keep bills paid. When the state realized their error and sent me a big check I went and bought more tools.

I'm tired of pretending there is a pandemic.
That's all this shit has become for me, tiring.

Just now for example, looking at monster jam tickets because my kid fucking loves going, 12 years or older gotta be vaxxed or have a negative test in hand to get in because the venue can only be full capacity if they require it according to der fuhrer.

Promoter must be trying to make up for last year cause tickets are 10-15 bucks a piece more. So to go I've gotta spend damn near $200 on tickets then pay hope like hell me or the GF don't test positive within 3 days of the show because they're non refundable of course

I may or may not have killed a drifter.

Twice.

Whew. Feels good getting it out.

Top Back Refresh