What's new

things we don't see in homes, but should

not a bad idea, though would be in the way when I go to get in. Something with some sort of relay would be trick, but not sure how I’d handle the fob detection.
I was thinking of it pushing a button on a remote start fob, or does your truck not have remote start?
Looks like it can be added for $250ish: Remote Start 82215553AB | TascaParts.com (plus whatever the dealer charges for programming fobs).
Or to control actuator, something like this that has dry contacts: https://www.amazon.com/MHCOZY-Wireless-Self-locking-Interlock-Compatible/dp/B07TDJG2GJ/
Then use those to run a actuator in and out (X seconds to extend with a spring loaded button on the end to push on the fob, then Y seconds to retract).

and I don’t hold the animals. I pick them up and take them to the small animal clinic/kennel in Ellsworth where they will chip scan them and try to contact the owners.
Ah, makes sense that they would be setup to hold them and scan for chips.

Aaron Z

then connect to a swamp cooler valve inside the humidifier. Walk away and devote those brain cells to more important matters.

then connect to a swamp cooler valve inside the humidifier. Walk away and devote those brain cells to more important matters.
rather limit the amount "hot" water connections on the second floor. A straight up valve that I can shut off, fine. something that is always pressurized, eh. pass. something goes wrong, that's a mess I don't want to deal with.

I know what my options are. The tee valve off the water feed to the toilet is what I'd do. I was just simply adding to the thread of what we don't typically see in homes, but should.

rather limit the amount "hot" water connections on the second floor. A straight up valve that I can shut off, fine. something that is always pressurized, eh. pass. something goes wrong, that's a mess I don't want to deal with.

I know what my options are. The tee valve off the water feed to the toilet is what I'd do. I was just simply adding to the thread of what we don't typically see in homes, but should.

Was that response supposed to be snooty? Cause it sounded in my head real snooty.

Maybe if your house had a proper humidifier, you wouldnt need a hose bib on the second floor like some hillbilly.

:flipoff2:

Was that response supposed to be snooty? Cause it sounded in my head real snooty.

Maybe if your house had a proper humidifier, you wouldnt need a hose bib on the second floor like some hillbilly.

not at all. just, before it turned into six pages of suggestions that I'm not going to follow up on and called out for, I was simply clarifying my original post. :emb:

not at all. just, before it turned into six pages of suggestions that I'm not going to follow up on and called out for, I was simply clarifying my original post. :emb:
Maybe you should have considered that before you posted a whine about how hard it is to tote water to your humidifier.

And to return to the OP topic:

A drawer in the kitchen (or other central room) area with a built in plug to hold/hide all the phone charger cords.
Bathroom storage for a hair dryer and tooth brush chargers. I put an outlet in a medicine cabinet for the toothbrush chargers, and an outlet inside a cabinet for the hair dryer that goes in the drawer. No more cords on the counter.

Bathroom storage for a hair dryer and tooth brush chargers. I put an outlet in a medicine cabinet for the toothbrush chargers, and an outlet inside a cabinet for the hair dryer that goes in the drawer. No more cords on the counter.
Receptacles in both towers:smokin:
69F8B08C-251A-4F50-905B-DEBD9116E0FC.jpeg

I posted about this in one of the other threads. I made the first one of these when I was like 20. Mine has a simple ball valve for the flusher. Ive made 4 since then. First one was a keg that was forgotten about and I bought the rest from a bottler/distributor in Pittsburgh for less than the deposit. I have one in the shop and one at the cabin, the rest were made for friends. It looks like the flushers are only $120. Even with keg you can build one for about $50 with the ball valve.

I posted about this in one of the other threads. I made the first one of these when I was like 20. Mine has a simple ball valve for the flusher. Ive made 4 since then. First one was a keg that was forgotten about and I bought the rest from a bottler/distributor in Pittsburgh for less than the deposit. I have one in the shop and one at the cabin, the rest were made for friends. It looks like the flushers are only $120. Even with keg you can build one for about $50 with the ball valve.
$13 for a "pushbutton" valve: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BKXBRVW/

$33 for a motion sensor one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0999FDZBY/

Aaron Z

I was thinking of it pushing a button on a remote start fob, or does your truck not have remote start?
Looks like it can be added for $250ish: Remote Start 82215553AB | TascaParts.com (plus whatever the dealer charges for programming fobs).
Or to control actuator, something like this that has dry contacts: https://www.amazon.com/MHCOZY-Wireless-Self-locking-Interlock-Compatible/dp/B07TDJG2GJ/
Then use those to run a actuator in and out (X seconds to extend with a spring loaded button on the end to push on the fob, then Y seconds to retract).

Ah, makes sense that they would be setup to hold them and scan for chips.

Aaron Z

yeah my truck has remote start already and it’s the push button starter. Technically if I wanted to pay a stupid monthly fee for uconnect I could use an app on my phone to remote start it. But that’s just stupid as it is the only feature I would use. It’s honestly not that big of a deal. Truck still wouldn’t be warm by the time I get to the station anyway even if i did start it a minute before I get into it.

My parents build a home
upstairs that as over he laundry room, they put a hole in the wall behind a cupboard

shoots your dirty cloths right to the laundry hamper right next to the washing machine

room next to (bathroom) has the same feature, open the cupboard and throw your wet/dirty in the bin

cost was about zero,
I thought it was a cool feature

Wait... yall have machines that make humidity in your house? :confused:

:laughing:
lol yes you need too. Everything dries right out. If you don’t humidify you wake up with a crusty nose and feels like you are out in a desert. The cold pulls the moisture out of the air.

We go through 5-8 gallons of water a week in our humidifier.

lol yes you need too. Everything dries right out. If you don’t humidify you wake up with a crusty nose and feels like you are out in a desert. The cold pulls the moisture out of the air.

We go through 5-8 gallons of water a week in our humidifier.
A week? We go through 4-5 gallons a day in our downstairs humidifier.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh