What's new

things we don't see in homes, but should

We go from 100% humidity in the height of summer to what feels like single digits in the winter. You FEEL IT when it is that dry.

Nose dried out, sinuses and eyes crusty, as in painfully crusty.

Yes on the pressure washer, but please explain why you want to pull hot or cold air from outside
Firebox, stove setup #1
Hvac kills free oxygen in a hermetically sealed box...
Cuz:flipoff2:

Wait... yall have machines that make humidity in your house? :confused:

:laughing:

Yep, otherwise all the hardwood floors shrink, your doors stop working right, and everyone gets a bloody nose.

My house I'm in now I haven't had to humidify for some reason. I do have to run a dehumidifier in the summer if the ac doesn't run enough though.

Wait... yall have machines that make humidity in your house? :confused:

:laughing:

Yea, we have a steam unit from aprilaire on our furnace. Is capable of up to 34 gallons every day, runs on 220v/20amp, and can just crank the humidity up if need be. It's tied into the thermostat though, so we can maintain whatever humidity level we want in the house. Went steam because it's healthier, less risk of bacteria and other shit growing, and wastes less energy since it's hot humidity rather than sucking the warmth out of the air with the cold ones. It's also near zero maintenance, just change a canister every ... well. .. I don't know, ours is still going and we've had it 6 or 7 years now? I have a spare waiting for whenever the service light eventually comes on, but it's still pumping out the humidity just fine.

We have those same machines here. They're called "doors". You open one for 5 minutes, then shut it right before sweat starts forming on the walls. :laughing:

In places where the swamps are in the ground, not in your ass crack, they have seasons... one of those seasons is...dry

I do 100% of my heating with a ventless natural gas heater. Lack of humidity is not a problem I have. Quite the opposite really. :laughing:

That said, I used to heat with steam radiators and didn't have any of the problems you people are talking about.

You stoooopid bastids, every additional thing will most likely need extra time or expense to be cleaned maintained or money paid to get someone else to do such.

But I do like the idea of a loading dock or maybe a hidden aka street level elevator.
Dumb ass. You probably live in a trailer, built to FEMA standards
There's a reason we build to suit

Attachments

• 922DAE00-9572-48DD-9DE1-39C93C9CE547.png
    922DAE00-9572-48DD-9DE1-39C93C9CE547.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 9
I don't understand how and why a standard garage door is 7'. 8 or 9 should be standard going forward.

And for that matter, garages should be minimum 25' deep.
Let's see. I have three 9' doors and a 16' in my barn
And the center bay is 50' deep, does this make the cut? :beer:

Not sure about the house but my next garage will have a urinal in it. Fuck cleaning up to go inside.
I installed a urinal in the shop when I had ten year old girls on both sides of my barn. Not cool to get caught with your dick hanging out around the neighbors kids. I'd install a urinal in my next bathroom remodel in a heartbeat

What I wish I had;
Floor drains, hoses, waterproof walls in all bathrooms and kitchens
Every window should have a light switch by it to control exterior lights. Two way switches or three way switches for multiple windows on that side of the house. Hear something out there, see what's out there.

What I never want, bluetooth/ wifi connected/ smart/ has an app/ learns your preferences/ anything. Fuck all that.

I dont need a urinal, I pee outside. I pee inside once a month or less. It only gets below freezing a few times a year here.

I have an outdoor shower, its kicks ass. Having that after work shower beer after a hot ass day at work outside under a tree might just be one of the best feelings in the world.

No garage, it's just an overpriced place to accumulate junk.

Attached 2 vehicle carport and a separate shop with 14ft doors
Fuck that. Carports suck. Get the damn wall put on the thing and it's so much nicer. 25x25 garage on the house is mandatory for daily drivers only. Detached shop for projects etc.

Junk collecting is a people problem not the garages fault. Don't be a hoarder.

I don't know why covered parking and walkways are not more of a thing. Especially in snow country. But even rain, leaves and tree sap are just as annoying.
Forget having them open. Closed in parking in a garage. No shit in there. Then a detached shop.

Half bath would be even better! Yeah, a central floor drain so you could wash vehicles indoors would be mint.

Next garage, I'd want a dedicated spray bay for washing vehicles year round and definitely a full bathroom, and a bunch of other nice things like that...
Dedicated wash bay in canuckistan? No you wouldn't. It'd cost you a bundle just to keep the plumbing from freezing. Even the floor drain would freeze if not in heated space.

Dedicated wash bay in canuckistan? No you wouldn't. It'd cost you a bundle just to keep the plumbing from freezing. Even the floor drain would freeze if not in heated space.
Oh, but it would be awesome...I mean, if we're dreaming of awesome house features :)

We go from 100% humidity in the height of summer to what feels like single digits in the winter. You FEEL IT when it is that dry.

Nose dried out, sinuses and eyes crusty, as in painfully crusty.
I do have to ask if you you wax your vag.

Yea, we have a steam unit from aprilaire on our furnace. Is capable of up to 34 gallons every day, runs on 220v/20amp, and can just crank the humidity up if need be. It's tied into the thermostat though, so we can maintain whatever humidity level we want in the house. Went steam because it's healthier, less risk of bacteria and other shit growing, and wastes less energy since it's hot humidity rather than sucking the warmth out of the air with the cold ones. It's also near zero maintenance, just change a canister every ... well. .. I don't know, ours is still going and we've had it 6 or 7 years now? I have a spare waiting for whenever the service light eventually comes on, but it's still pumping out the humidity just fine.
I'm actually surprised that your gene pool survived this long under these circumstances

I do 100% of my heating with a ventless natural gas heater. Lack of humidity is not a problem I have. Quite the opposite really. :laughing:

That said, I used to heat with steam radiators and didn't have any of the problems you people are talking about.
This actually explains a lot. You've obviously been exposed to co2 for years. I always thought tourettes was a genetic condition

Heat trace doesn't take much juice. Could put the water in a heated room with a valve inside it too. Easy problems to overcome.

Switched, Under eave outlet for Christmas lights

I don't know why covered parking and walkways are not more of a thing. Especially in snow country. But even rain, leaves and tree sap are just as annoying.
If I could I would have my whole property covered, paved and no grass. Done. Stupid rain.

What I wish I had;

Every window should have a light switch by it to control exterior lights. Two way switches or three way switches for multiple windows on that side of the house. Hear something out there, see what's out there.
You would have loved a house we did in Alb, all the exterior lights could be run from the front door, the back and the master bedroom. there were 2 banks of 4 switches in every spot, and before all you jump in and start telling me how you could do it with low voltage and touch pads. This was 1994 all that stuff was still experimental especially in ALb Nm

Top Back Refresh