What's new

The wrong kind of cougar stalking

I am not going out into nature without at least a knife. Thats what I got from this thread.

I am not going out into nature without at least a knife. Thats what I got from this thread.

I have a knife on me as soon as I am dressed after getting out of bed

Watching the video, I’m thinking... “Pelt that fucker with rocks!!”

I would have had my knife in one hand while throwing rocks with the other, there would have been stories not video :homer:

Cats can only see contrasts of red. Have a fkg machete with a large red handle cuz ain't no knife gonna save you from kitty. :cookie:

I have a knife on me as soon as I am dressed after getting out of bed

Watching the video, I’m thinking... “Pelt that fucker with rocks!!”

I would have had my knife in one hand while throwing rocks with the other, there would have been stories not video :homer:

Everything has to be on video in these times. Otherwise, him telling a scary story of backpedaling from a she-lion who did the pounce dance a couple times, just wouldn't be the same. Imagine him trying to "sell" this story without video evidence to the local news... :homer:

In that case - Take your iPhone next time you get your pedicure, post up the Asian ladies with tiny hands . . .. . :flipoff2:

In that case - Take your iPhone next time you get your pedicure, post up the Asian ladies with tiny hands . . .. . :flipoff2:

Here, ya mud shark. A pedijizm. :pinky:

:flipoff2:

Click image for larger version Name:	tumblr_n2gblpk9gI1rdwjilo3_500.gif Views:	0 Size:	790.7 KB ID:	160992

My wife just showed me that video and the first thing I asked was where's the cub. Any mountain lion that is hunting you for food is quiet and doesn't do false charges making noise and trying to look all big and scary. The guy did the right thing in backing away slow and you should also try to make yourself look as big as possible and little kids need to be glued to an adult. I still would have shit myself though. I grew up in the country on 40 acres in Humboldt County CA with bears and mountain lions and we never carried a gun on our hikes. We made lots of noise because usually it was a group of us and we almost never saw wild life.

Here, ya mud shark. A pedijizm. :pinky:

:flipoff2:

Arrigato Sushi very Much

Teh kitehs need to be hunted and blasted more so that they regain their fear of man. Man, his houses, lands, animals, autos anything that smells of man and his unworldly odors. Turn tail and skat. Or die. It's that simple.

From my experience in the wilderness if a predator wants you to see them, they will be seen and they are sendingmore of a messageto get the fuck out than anything. If they don't want to be seen they will not be seen and thats when you need to be worried. Be as big as you can and imposing, knowing that it was cubs that won't generally work, mothers being mothers. If I'm out in the woods I'm generally packing and carrying at least one knife, if something is going to take me down odds are it will end up dead with me or worse.

😁 where this guy was is literally within 3 miles of Utah valley with hundreds of thousands of people. People walk there every day. Going fishing this summer we passed an full grown adult that was hit not far from where this happened. For the most part, other than mother protecting a cub you’re not gonna be attacked. They are there, you just don’t see em. Spent a lot of time in the Utah mountains in my lifetime. I’ve seen bears and cats. But no where near as many as I know are out there. They will avoid you whenever possible.

I get being comfortable with alpha predators, but don’t share the same level of comfort. Steve Rinella like many western hunters was rather comfortable sharing the woods with grizzlies, until they had a seriously close call with one.

Cats attack people all the time. Even coyotes have been known to kill. Around here we’ve had rabid bobcats, fox, and coyotes.

I’ll just keep carrying my gun so I’m not one of those news reports. :flipoff2:

I like to think I would have the presence of mind to back out of that situation, but FAWK I dunno... 😬 Probably would have only got a glimpse if there had been more than one person there.
I wonder how it would have reacted to a red-dot sight?

Knife and gun on me, at all times.

In the days before kiddo, I kept my XD on top of the toilet lid while I showered. :flipoff2:

Throw rocks.

I talked to an old guy at a wildlife convention who was trapping and had a cat jump on his back, heavy jacket kept it from getting many good bites and scratches in, his hand got some fucked up where he reached back and pried it off his neck.

So a grown man can fight off a cat, but it takes a special case.

Why was the jogger filming...? Break out the jams (everybody has tons stored) since music soothes the savage beast. Try to have a little fun/positively each day now as you age-

Left arm up and take the hit roll and stab to the left bringing my right arm up into its chest and abdomen.

you can not turn your back on cats. Try to get big. bigger than you are. Arms up over your head and hold sticks/branches up.

Left arm up and take the hit roll and stab to the left bringing my right arm up into its chest and abdomen.

you can not turn your back on cats. Try to get big. bigger than you are. Arms up over your head and hold sticks/branches up.

Yawp. First thing I thought of was the guy in Sweden with the moose.

I get being comfortable with alpha predators, but don’t share the same level of comfort. Steve Rinella like many western hunters was rather comfortable sharing the woods with grizzlies, until they had a seriously close call with one.

Cats attack people all the time. Even coyotes have been known to kill. Around here we’ve had rabid bobcats, fox, and coyotes.

I’ll just keep carrying my gun so I’m not one of those news reports. :flipoff2:
I get carrying a gun. I carry. But to say people are attacked all the time really doesn’t hold water. Yes it happens. The area we hunt deer in is filled with black bears. I mean filled! On every trail cam there are bear pics. But you very seldom see one when you are out hiking. They will avoid you unless you corner them. I can only think of one time in my lifetime that someone was killed by a predator here. There are no grizzlies in Utah or I would not be as comfortable in the mountains.

First time I watched this I thought, you better pick up some rocks if you don't have a gun. It appears that all it took was for him to throw one rock and that cat had enough and turned tail.

Top Back Refresh