What's new

The unofficial "products you've bought that kick ass" thread

Doing aircraft maintenance and inspection I deal with a LOT of screws and this thing simply kicks ass. Very comfortable, light weight and the batteries last a really long time between charges. I've had it for about 1 1/2 years and it still works flawlessly.

I have the red version of this. Fuckin' love it.

I wanted to point out for those looking at your post that it's NOT an impact tool, so it's great for installing/removing fasteners WITHOUT stripping shit.

I use mine lots for residential receptacles. I've done a few buildings where we go through and replace all existing duplex receptacles with new ones and I'm sure this is the fastest tool for the job.

ok. wasn't sure if the sugar and stuff should be added after. wasn't sure if the press would affect that all.

But either way, that way would work right?
I add stuff after the press, put the lid on, shakey shakey, take lid off and let the thing cool for 15 minutes or it will boil your tongue.

Fast Orange and drill brush to take out pitting so I can polish . . .
IMG_20220529_142535134~2.jpg

IMG_20220612_171111764.jpg

Wyze cams.

They're like Craftsman tools- 80% performance for 20% of the price of SnapOn. I have no doubt there are better, but for $30 per cam, $20 a year cloud storage, and 5 minute setup...I'm happy. You can set up rules, time limits, motion areas, AI person detection...

IMG_12062022_143230_(300_x_617_pixel).jpg

Last edited:

Pair of little solar security motion lights. A friend recommended them. I've had them a couple of months and they kick ass. Brighter than I expected and I have neither mounted in an ideal sun facing spot. One is sorta facing north, the other is facing east and gets full shade after 2pm.

Cheap as hell too.

Crappy pic... one on the side of shop roof the other is at the back of the carport

20220504_215432.jpg

Stuff like that no longer works after like 1am or 2am if you got dogs setting them off all the time.
I have similar ones(without the two side parts) and they are great but I wish they would last all night.

In other news, we just got some chairs that collapse and become really tiny and fit into a little bag.
Now I can carry 4 chairs with 1 finger and no more excuse to not haul bulky chairs around.

Price is anywhere from around $50 for 2 chairs up to almost $100 for one, depending on brand.

I normally shy away from anything electrical at harbor fright...
But this folding light bar is the cats meow
I've had mine for 5 years and it's still the only light I travel with
3 light levels: hi/lo and a single led on the end, great for walking around with the base in your pocket
390 Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar Folding Work Light
X2. Love mine. Also a product I use for all my kids electronics and this flashlight is these: https://www.amazon.com/TOPK-Magnetic-Charging-Charger-Compatible/dp/B094V9VXTF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=16U7JKXTOLCBB&keywords=TOPK+USB+Magnetic+Cable&qid=1655216623&sprefix=topk+usb+magnetic+cable,aps,81&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMk1QNTg2OTc4M0JOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjkxNjI0MVA1MVJTQjM3UUZVRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDg5NzQwMjVYU0JFWFFGQ0xBWSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

They are so awesome. Who doesn't hate a micro USB port? I mean really fuck whoever created that POS. These are awesome. I have had them since august of 2019 and they are all still awesome. I use em in the car, house pretty much everywhere I don't have a wireless charger option. :grinpimp: I have had to glue a few into old shit where the USB port was loose. But they stay in new stuff just fine.

X2. Love mine. Also a product I use for all my kids electronics and this flashlight is these: https://www.amazon.com/TOPK-Magnetic-Charging-Charger-Compatible/dp/B094V9VXTF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=16U7JKXTOLCBB&keywords=TOPK+USB+Magnetic+Cable&qid=1655216623&sprefix=topk+usb+magnetic+cable,aps,81&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMk1QNTg2OTc4M0JOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjkxNjI0MVA1MVJTQjM3UUZVRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDg5NzQwMjVYU0JFWFFGQ0xBWSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

They are so awesome. Who doesn't hate a micro USB port? I mean really fuck whoever created that POS. These are awesome. I have had them since august of 2019 and they are all still awesome. I use em in the car, house pretty much everywhere I don't have a wireless charger option. :grinpimp: I have had to glue a few into old shit where the USB port was loose. But they stay in new stuff just fine.
We started using these for the kiddo tablet after she broke several cords pulling them out. Not quite that style but similar. Reminds me I need some fo the shop tablet and devices

i found those magnetic charge cords a couple years ago and have them on most of my stuff
nice to lay my phone close to the cord end and it sucks up to charge my phone
phone, ereader, tablet, but nothing in the shop cuz of welding and grinding
the magnets are obviously magnetic... :lmao:
still messes with my phone as it grabs any grinder dust out of my pocket even after washing the shirt
use tape to grab the filings off the cord or phone ends
these are nice for the beach too, if you drop your phone/tablet in the sand, nothing goes in the usb port

Wyze cams.

They're like Craftsman tools- 80% performance for 20% of the price of SnapOn. I have no doubt there are better, but for $30 per cam, $20 a year cloud storage, and 5 minute setup...I'm happy. You can set up rules, time limits, motion areas, AI person detection...

IMG_12062022_143230_(300_x_617_pixel).jpg
i have them too agree 100%

In other news, we just got some chairs that collapse and become really tiny and fit into a little bag.
Now I can carry 4 chairs with 1 finger and no more excuse to not haul bulky chairs around.

Price is anywhere from around $50 for 2 chairs up to almost $100 for one, depending on brand.
I've been eyeballin those things pretty hard for kayaking.

Are they fat guy comfortable? :lmao:

not compact, but comfy af and good for tall gimps like me
i've had 1 for 10 yrs at least, bought another for backup recently
never paid over $19 cuz harbor fright always has a once in a lifetime sale

Capture2.JPG

Mystery ranch backpacks get a big thumbs up from me. Little bit spendy but worth it. Picked up this one last week after noticing the strap on my old Kelty was nearly torn through. It’s more comfortable than the old one ever was, even though my shoulder is far worse now than it was back when I was using the kelty regularly. Just the right size for 3 season shit, zippers seem really nice, reasonably water resistant, and the layout works well for me.

I have the 3 day assault pack and love it. It's my go to for traveling.

I also have a few Kifaru packs that are in the same quality level as Mystery Ranch.

Speaking of chairs. I got this for the wife for her birthday last year. This is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.

JFC does it blow you when you sit down for that price?:eek:
Kinda. When it's hot AF the wind goes right thru it. But let me tell you. A 43 degree baseball game in the rain. That chair SUCKED!
But yeah the price is like giraffe pussy. Hence the birthday gift. I about shit. Some people we met camping had 4 of them. FML By the fire no less. Hell no, that chair is not going by the fire. :lmao:
Oh and that's the cheap one! Amazon.com

Anyone still into old school 2 channel stereos without all the surround bullshit? I have had this now for about 3 years and it's awesome, and has all the inputs for the modern stuff.

rr2160mkii-stereo-receiver.jpg

I'm driving a set of Polk towers with this thing and it'll rattle the windows. I'll never give up my old school stereo stuff.

Product page: RR2160MkII Stereo Receiver

I don't understand all what you get when you pay that $18.
Do you get all the pieces in the picture? There is no itemized list.

I need 1 Type C and several micros. If I click and buy that link am I good?

Anyone still into old school 2 channel stereos without all the surround bullshit? I have had this now for about 3 years and it's awesome, and has all the inputs for the modern stuff.

rr2160mkii-stereo-receiver.jpg

I'm driving a set of Polk towers with this thing and it'll rattle the windows. I'll never give up my old school stereo stuff.

Product page: RR2160MkII Stereo Receiver
I had a hard-on for one of those for a while, but now am looking at Anthem, Arcam and Benchmark.

I don't understand all what you get when you pay that $18.
Do you get all the pieces in the picture? There is no itemized list.

I need 1 Type C and several micros. If I click and buy that link am I good?
It's there, but like most listings hard to find

PACK LIST:Magnetic Cable x6, Magnetic USB C connector x5, Magnetic Micro USB connector x5, Magnetic i-product connector *5,

Kriega motorcycle gear. Expensive but it has held up better than anything else I've used off road (Hydro-3 pack and R8 waist bag). I had some street gear also (R25 and R35) but sold them as I don't ride on the road any more.

My H3 hydration pack has been my go to for nearly 10 years now. I tried an USWE pack at one point as I had bought a new chest protector but it was too bulky to work with the Kriega. The USWE lasted about 6 months before one of the straps ripped :shaking:

Also with the Kriega gear you can strap on add on bags depending on needs. When I do night racing I stick the 5 liter dry bag on there to hold my helmet light batteries. The newer bags have a better system for this than mine does, can be a little fiddly routing the straps on mine vs the new ones use hooks to sewn in loops on the side.

Ogio Flight Vest is good too. I use it when doing trail work/marking.

1655345203931.png

Has anyone mentioned the benelli sbe 2? Most reliable tool of that equivalent type I have been around.

Top Back Refresh