What's new

*The official* "It's a Clown World, after all." thread.

IMG_2335.jpeg

Intentional? :homer:

City Manager Bans 'Jesus' from Prayers, Says It's Harassing, Hostile to Use Name: Report​

lets see him hold the line when allah is mentioned. Just when I think we have gone full clown... we go further.

Those weren't being smuggled into the U.S. they were being brought up to us since they've been banned. Border patrol should do the right thing and throw 'em over the line for us who need them.
Yep....gun bans work like drug bans. 😄

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this. On one hand they need some space to do their job and 25 feet doesn't seem excessive. On the other hand however, they've earned the distrust and are known to turn their own cameras off.

So which cell camera has the ability to see a donut in 4k from 25 feet?

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this. On one hand they need some space to do their job and 25 feet doesn't seem excessive. On the other hand however, they've earned the distrust and are known to turn their own cameras off.

Will they be carrying a tape measure to make their safety circle?

Last edited:

Its just another way for dirty cops to get away with being dirty cops. I love my home state but i am rarely proud of it.

Lot of states already do similar but they dont spell out the distance. Its up to the cop. In those states if the cop tells you to cross the road and video you better cross the road or you end up with charges.

At least LA spells out the distance and with the cameras on cell phones today what are you gonna record at 10 feet that you wont record at 25?

Lot of states already do similar but they dont spell out the distance. Its up to the cop. In those states if the cop tells you to cross the road and video you better cross the road or you end up with charges.

At least LA spells out the distance and with the cameras on cell phones today what are you gonna record at 10 feet that you wont record at 25?

This was the only positive I could take away from this law. At least it spells out a distance and it's not up to an arbitrary bullshit number a pissed off cop decides on the spot.

Not that great of an upside, I'll admit.

Last edited:
So what distance makes dirty cops not dirty?

I’ll pretend that this was asked honestly.

It’s another discretionary charge that can be thrown at people questioning bad behavior by cops. It’s a way to keep witnesses farther away and/or jail them.

Btw, what department do you work for?

I’ll pretend that this was asked honestly.

It’s another discretionary charge that can be thrown at people questioning bad behavior by cops. It’s a way to keep witnesses farther away and/or jail them.

Btw, what department do you work for?
The statement originally made was about dirty cops being dirty cops, and this 25' law assisting that. As if 25' distance was somehow helping law enforcement poor behavior. The law is to create a specific distance as a buffer to law enforcement. It allows them to do their jobs without worrying about attack from people nearby. I think any phone manufactured in the last five years would still be able to video any misbehavior at that distance. That's all it is. I am assuming the law was written by someone who consulted with law enforcement as it follows the safe distance doctrines taught for decades for knife and personal weapons attacks vs reaction times.

I hadn't mentioned it before because of all the wannabe cop haters here, who seem to hate based upon stereotypes and not individuals. I spent 25 years in the California Highway Patrol, retired in 2013. I got out as soon as I could because everything was changing for the worse. I had the honor of working with some of the best people I have ever known. I'm 3rd generation law enforcement; grandfather was a Ohio State Trooper, father was a Assistant Chief in SDPD, did 33 years, my brother did 12 years in SDPD before he decided he'd seen enough of the bad side of people to last a lifetime. We all served with honor above everything else. That tradition ended with me, since law enforcement is not a viable career anymore. When your own department takes uninformed public opinion into inconsideration above the facts, it's time to leave.

The statement originally made was about dirty cops being dirty cops, and this 25' law assisting that. As if 25' distance was somehow helping law enforcement poor behavior. The law is to create a specific distance as a buffer to law enforcement. It allows them to do their jobs without worrying about attack from people nearby. I think any phone manufactured in the last five years would still be able to video any misbehavior at that distance. That's all it is. I am assuming the law was written by someone who consulted with law enforcement as it follows the safe distance doctrines taught for decades for knife and personal weapons attacks vs reaction times.

I hadn't mentioned it before because of all the wannabe cop haters here, who seem to hate based upon stereotypes and not individuals. I spent 25 years in the California Highway Patrol, retired in 2013. I got out as soon as I could because everything was changing for the worse. I had the honor of working with some of the best people I have ever known. I'm 3rd generation law enforcement; grandfather was a Ohio State Trooper, father was a Assistant Chief in SDPD, did 33 years, my brother did 12 years in SDPD before he decided he'd seen enough of the bad side of people to last a lifetime. We all served with honor above everything else. That tradition ended with me, since law enforcement is not a viable career anymore. When your own department takes uninformed public opinion into inconsideration above the facts, it's time to leave.

I knew you were a cop from previous comments. I have had friends that became cops and they danced around certain subjects like you do.

Anyone that spent more than a few months as a cop has covered for crimes by other cops and is as big a criminal as anyone in Angola. Don’t play innocent now. Own it.

Your right, it's easier to just go on about my day not getting career choices involved with internet stuff.

My father told me I saw more bodies in the first year than he saw in his entire career. It drains you, changes how you think about things.

My career choice was preordained. I was the only kid in my school who was walking around a crime scene looking at evidence, blood and bodies at 14, on a school night. My father would get called out to every officer involved shooting, and he would bring me along. Dead people don't bother me at all anymore, except when they are my friends and family.

I do have to say, I grew up with high ranking law enforcement. It was like I had multiple fathers. We spent a lot of time desert riding and on the river. It was a good life, good way to grow up.

Wow, it's a good thing that all stereotypes are always 100% true, or you'd look like an ignorant asshat by stating that.
Every cop has witnessed or helped cover up crimes by other cops. The ones that dont have an accident or get fired. It doesnt work if they all dont do it. I have had friends that were cops. I have seen some of the shit they do.

I knew you were a cop from previous comments. I have had friends that became cops and they danced around certain subjects like you do.

Anyone that spent more than a few months as a cop has covered for crimes by other cops and is as big a criminal as anyone in Angola. Don’t play innocent now. Own it.

Every cop has witnessed or helped cover up crimes by other cops. The ones that dont have an accident or get fired. It doesnt work if they all dont do it. I have had friends that were cops. I have seen some of the shit they do.
Your an idiot. If you have cop friends that covered up crimes from other cops, they don't deserve the job. You are probably as big a piece of shit as they are.

That's why I never said what I used to do for a living. Assholes like you. Go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh