What's new

*The official* "It's a Clown World, after all." thread.

So calling me and my entire family corrupt, and unaware of it, isn't a personal attack?

When you posted earlier that every cop is bad and has covered up for other bad cops wasn't a attack?

Was I excluded from "every"?

Why can't you understand that "every cop" isn't bad? That maybe, just maybe, there are generational law enforcement families that pride themselves on doing the right thing, which is part of the reason they took that job in the first place.

I know of a few former officers who were fired for spousal battery, and ineligible for employment because they lost their ability to carry a firearm. The law you speak about isn't in the state I worked in. One I was very surprised about, the other was a sleezeball. I know a few who got DUI's, I even know of one who killed someone but he's in federal lockup. I never actually knew of any that covered up anything. Covering for others bad behavior meant you got fired. It just wasn't worth it.

LE are just people. They share the same personality flaws as everyone else. They make the same mistakes as everyone else. The only difference is they usually end up unemployed, whereas the rest of the miscreants can continue with their jobs.

Please show me the statistics that back up your statement about DV's and law enforcement. I've heard others claim that, but have never seen any factual evidence of it. The only things I know of that are statistically higher than average is the work related deaths and suicide rates.

When I get the Arizona house finished, I'd be happy to have the occasional irate traveler stop by for the night. They can use the RV hookups, and we can sit around a fire and have some beer and/or whiskey. I can relate some of the most memorable events of my corrupt career. Like when I did CPR on my dead partner after he was run over by a drunk driving Marine. Or, ten months later when I had to deal with another good friend being killed by another drunk driver a few miles up the freeway. Or, when I was flagged down by a mom with a choking toddler and I cleared his airway. Or, when I dug a dead six year old boy out from under an overturned car and his mouth, nose, ears and eyes were packed with dirt. Then, I got to take my corrupt ass to the hospital and arrest his mother because she was high. Then, I got to hear the DDA try to explain to me that she wasn't going to charge mommy because a jury would feel sorry for her for killing her own kid. And then, I got to go to a civil hearing where the child's father was sueing mommy for not having a car seat. I killed the case when I asked his attorney how he figured his client wasn't equally at fault since he was in the car when mommy crashed, and if they continued with this I would surely be answering that very same question at trial. Or, when my partner and I pulled a suicidal young lady off an overpass, who put up a hell of a fight. Or, when my partner who was later killed (by the drunk Marine) and I came across a suicidal dude hanging off a bridge fence. Steve strolled over and leaned against the fence and engaged him in conversation. He pointed out the drop to the freeway below was only about 25' and he might end up lying there in agony until he gets run over. Suggested he climb back over the fence so we could go find him a taller bridge. He climbed over, then was pissed we tackled him and took him to county mental health instead of to another bridge. Or, when I called a CHP helicopter through my buddy in air-ops to come pick up a young man with a broken femur we came across out in Truckhaven while wheelin. My friend in air-ops is dead, by the way. His CHP issue plane crashed in the Borrego desert. He was a good guy who loved camping and off-roading. He could get an entire group rolling with laughter around the campfire. Or, when I responded to the crash where a woman six months pregnant was burnt to a crisp, while my wife was six months pregnant. Then, I got to listen to the doctor that killed her whine about losing his drivers license. Or, when I took a guy into custody after he crashed his bicycle because he had a major head injury and refused medical attention due to not having insurance. Me taking him into custody because he wasn't able to care for himself meant the state was paying the medical bill and it saved his life. Or, when I arrested the mayor of Ventura and the Oxnard chief of police for DUI, in the same week. Or, when I was working afternoon shift and arrested more DUI's in one month than the entire graveyard shift. Or, when my corrupt ass arrested a sergeant of another department for felony DUI and hit and run. Or, when I arrested my wife's coworkers brother for murder. Or, when I pushed my partner and his DUI suspect over a guardrail to avoid a car coming up the shoulder. Car slammed into the back of our patrol car and was occupied by a shitfaced drunk state corrections officer, who I arrested. Or, when I was making a DUI arrest and his golfing buddy came back to see if he could help. He helped keep his buddy company by sharing the backseat of the patrol car to jail, because he was drunker than his friend. Or, when I arrested my wife's bosses, bossess boss for DUI. OK, that was admittedly funny as hell. Not because I arrested him, he was a nice enough guy, but my wife's horrified reaction when I told her.

I got a million of them...

You know what, you and exwrench are right. I dont know you so i shouldnt be assuming anything about you. I am sorry for that.

There are some massive problems with policing in our country but i shouldn't be putting it on you, especially when you are not a cop now and you seem to have cared about your job, based on your comments here.

I have reasons for the way i feel. You do too. Lets let this go.

I've been racking my brain to come up with some type of "bad" thing I did when I was working that I didn't self-report. I overreacted during a fight or two but when I confessed to my sergeant, he told me to get out of his office. The main one I remember was a guy spit in my face when I told him he was going to be arrested for DUI, and I knocked two of his teeth out. I did only hit him once, but it was a real good shot. I wrote the report just like it happened, and the DDA charged him with battery on a peace officer. I had only added a resisting arrest charge when he was booked because he got the worse end of the deal. Ventura County was a great place in the early 90's. They actually like(d) their cops there.

Once at the end of a lengthy pursuit on I-5 in San Diego, we rammed a car on two sides to stop it. The driver stuck both arms out the window and shouted he was done. When we were cuffing him an SDPD officer ran up and started punching him in the face. I pushed him back while saying there is no fight here. He fell on his ass and then wanted to fight me. I didn't report him because his sergeant was standing five feet away and saw the whole thing, and did nothing. When a higher-ranking officer is also a witness, my legal obligation to report it to him is moot. It was his obligation to be a sergeant and do something, anything, about it. I asked the suspect if he wanted to do anything about what happened. He said he was from New York, and in NY if you run from the cops, you get your ass kicked. He did thank me for stopping the other officer.

I left a cooler full of sardines and mussels fish bait in a car I impounded after a pursuit that lasted ten miles. She was going down a busy street at 90MPH through red lights, crazy crack head. I rammed the little Ford Fiesta in a cul-de-sac as the female driver was making a U-turn and waving at me. My Chevy Interceptor (cop version of a SS Impala) shoved her car into a curb and the Fiesta roll onto its right side. I had to pull her out of the car and drag her across my car's hood. I could have thrown her property away, but I left it in the car and it went to the tow yard. I imagine after a few days it smelled wonderful.

For those, I am guilty.

Last edited:
You know what, you and exwrench are right. I dont know you so i shouldnt be assuming anything about you. I am sorry for that.

There are some massive problems with policing in our country but i shouldn't be putting it on you, especially when you are not a cop now and you seem to have cared about your job, based on your comments here.

I have reasons for the way i feel. You do too. Lets let this go.
Deal
Edit: I will also apologize for telling you to go fuck yourself. I would like to someday hear about your reasons for you feeling the way you do, but not here. Maybe if we are ever in the same area, we could have a beer and talk.

I admit I've lived in a bubble of law enforcement most of my life. However, most of my long-term friends are not cops. A few of my friends are retired LE because we understand each other. What we find humorous, most people would find horrifying. We can talk to each other about anything. We share a comradery that some of my other friends have mentioned they envy. I can travel the world and when I meet another LE or retired LE, we talk shop like old friends.

The only people in LE that I have consistently had issues with, or that seem to get amnesia when they make promises, are upper-level ranks. Once they get past lieutenant, they usually become politicians. The rank-and-file officers and sergeants are mostly fine people.

I have extensive knowledge of California laws, especially traffic laws. The CHP actually interprets the traffic laws for the legislature in California. Something I didn't think much about until much later when I realized we interpret the laws we enforce, not a good thing. I am also highly trained in collision investigation and reconstruction. I worked in or had training in auto theft, drug recognition, drug court, school bus, peer support, investigations, was an EMT instructor/coordinator, taught car seat safety, and was a range master, and a bunch of other stuff. After I retired I worked as a risk manager for large event security, NFL, MLB, concerts and the America's Cup, among others. I had 30 other, mostly retired LE working for me doing risk and security management, and personal security. Covid, and me getting cancer killed that job. I was tired of doing it anyway, the private sector sucks, especially dealing with owners of large sports teams. If anyone has related questions, I might know the answer.

Last edited:
20240603_184447.jpg

Every cop has witnessed or helped cover up crimes by other cops. The ones that dont have an accident or get fired. It doesnt work if they all dont do it. I have had friends that were cops. I have seen some of the shit they do.

Have you ever call the police? For any reason, even just once?

If you have then you should shut the fuck up and be glad there are those willing to do the job.

Of coarse there are bad cops. There's also a fuck ton more criminals than there are bad cops.

But, saying every cop is bad, is as stupid as it sounds:homer:.

Edit:
Might help if I actually went through all the posts before I flapped my yap.
I take a :homer: for that.

Have you ever call the police? For any reason, even just once?

If you have then you should shut the fuck up and be glad there are those willing to do the job.

Of coarse there are bad cops. There's also a fuck ton more criminals than there are bad cops.

But, saying every cop is bad, is as stupid as it sounds:homer:.

Edit:
Might help if I actually went through all the posts before I flapped my yap.
I take a :homer: for that.

It’s cool.

So I have called the police to report a crash or stuff like that. When I caught someone breaking into my car once. The police let him go, btw. He had escaped from a halfway house in Sacramento and the cops said he was already in enough trouble. I have never actually needed a cop.

I grew up friends with the dirtiest cop in Pittsburgh. His dad was a good cop.

Deal
Edit: I will also apologize for telling you to go fuck yourself. I would like to someday hear about your reasons for you feeling the way you do, but not here. Maybe if we are ever in the same area, we could have a beer and talk.

I admit I've lived in a bubble of law enforcement most of my life. However, most of my long-term friends are not cops. A few of my friends are retired LE because we understand each other. What we find humorous, most people would find horrifying. We can talk to each other about anything. We share a comradery that some of my other friends have mentioned they envy. I can travel the world and when I meet another LE or retired LE, we talk shop like old friends.

The only people in LE that I have consistently had issues with, or that seem to get amnesia when they make promises, are upper-level ranks. Once they get past lieutenant, they usually become politicians. The rank-and-file officers and sergeants are mostly fine people.

I have extensive knowledge of California laws, especially traffic laws. The CHP actually interprets the traffic laws for the legislature in California. Something I didn't think much about until much later when I realized we interpret the laws we enforce, not a good thing. I am also highly trained in collision investigation and reconstruction. I worked in or had training in auto theft, drug recognition, drug court, school bus, peer support, investigations, was an EMT instructor/coordinator, taught car seat safety, and was a range master, and a bunch of other stuff. After I retired I worked as a risk manager for large event security, NFL, MLB, concerts and the America's Cup, among others. I had 30 other, mostly retired LE working for me doing risk and security management, and personal security. Covid, and me getting cancer killed that job. I was tired of doing it anyway, the private sector sucks, especially dealing with owners of large sports teams. If anyone has related questions, I might know the answer.
No need to apologize. I used to live in CA and visit family there so we may be in the same area and I would be happy to talk to you.

I grew up friends with the dirtiest cop in Pittsburgh. His dad was a good cop.
The large city departments on the eastern half of the country started out corrupt and have mostly stayed that way. My Dad told me about a recruitment drive SDPD did from Chicago in the 80's. The first thing most of the former CPD officers did was ask the shift sergeants who they should "buy their beats from". In their minds, the best beats were the areas they could shake down the most criminals or shop owners. Almost all of the CPD recruits were let go within two weeks.

The LAPD and LASO were the only departments I've encountered in California that had a long established LE discount program. The stuff Wambaugh wrote about in his books was mostly true. I know some of the guys in one of his non-fiction books, Lines and Shadows. They were friends of my Dad. I had an interesting childhood.

I'll stop now. This isn't the place for me to be strolling down memory lane. I do miss the work though.

Get ready for this upcoming round of bullshit. They are starting early with elections coming.

Top Back Refresh