What's new

*The official* "It's a Clown World, after all." thread.

image.png

These Massachusetts hospitals won’t automatically file neglect reports for babies born with drugs in their systems​

wtf
Mass General Brigham announced Tuesday it is revamping its policies regarding pregnant people with substance abuse disorders, a condition which the hospital said disproportionately affects Black people and does not alone signal child abuse or neglect.

These Massachusetts hospitals won’t automatically file neglect reports for babies born with drugs in their systems​

wtf
"Disproportionately effects black people"

Washington passed a bill to reduce the penalty for murder committed in drive by shootings because it was disproportionately affecting blacks.

Racial equity

I joined the nextdoor in my area mainly for shit like this. Some of the comments don't disappoint.

Just a gentle reminder to please close your windows when cooking meat.

Just a gentle reminder to please close your windows when cooking meat.As a vegan runner it's always hard for me.I try to go out running several times a week around dinner time. When you are cooking with your windows open the smell of meat can be quite over powering.. honestly the odor is offensive.Please have empathy for your
#plantbased
neighbors by closing windows when cooking meat and only cooking vegetables if possible. I don't want to be a stereotype so I won’t go into detail on why cooking animals is offensive but I encourage you to do your research and join the movement with others who are fighting back

I'd be grilling outside every night for the rest of my time in that neighborhood.

San Fran proposal would allow gov't to sue grocery stores for closing....

Just stupid. If you are a large business, you file bankruptcy and then create a new brand! This is just more bureaucrats spending money that's yours and mine.

FISA reauthorization act may expand spying capability.. but carves out congress....

Top Back Refresh