What's new

The *Official* '23-'24 Snow Thread

Still hammering out there! got about 8" so far and I-40 is shut down for a wreck right in front of the house.

1702573730109.png

About 2 inches of wet snow between the RVs, I heard the snowplow go by east bound early. but not come back. Ran out of propane late last night got up this morning turned on the other bottle damn furnace isn't working again, and the Mr Buddy heater tank was empty so I had to go to town and refill it, US 60 is dry.

We got about 3"- 4" since yesterday. The drive to work this morning was a little sketchy - icy HWY and heavy fog with about 50' visibility.
It should all be melted by tomorrow evening or Saturday morning.

Bump for No way :flipoff2:

We have a winter storm warning all day today. I woke up to above freezing, dry as a bone conditions and came to the office.

An hour later up the street from the house....

1704380023810.png

Still nothin' up here. We should be near three feet and around 0 during the day.:shaking: We are gonna burn down this summer if we don't get a whole lotta moisture right quick. GF was sayin' this morning she is hearing of wells going dry recently.

You can still see patches of bare ground in the drive way looks like an inch between the trailers Temp has dropped from mid 30s this morning 28*

Ground is white, looks like an inch on the pickup, heard the plow go by around 07:30 this morning and come back 08:00 so there can't be to much on the highway

We got some starting 1230am...
Under 2", gave me an excuse to check up on and use the snow blower for a few. Not a wet snow, just the powdery stuff.

My friend bought a brand new single stage Toro, went over to show him how to run it / take care of it. Perfect for his small driveway.

More snow to come this week according to the weatherman.

First real snow we've had this winter (had a few overnight "frostings" of less than an inch).

1704658341243.png

Measured at the edge of the table to be just over 6". Supposed to be another 1 - 3" now before it's done. Was originally forecasted for 3-5".

We got 10.5" since yesterday morning.
The 2 week forecast shows 1-3" every day and every night for the whole 2 weeks.

Wind from the Southwest here. I figure we'll get hit with an inch or so tonight. Then it will all freeze and the roads will be a skating ring. Can't wait!

5 inches here. We sledded on the hill in our yard and ripped around the neighborhood in the KRX

Finished shoveling the walks and plowing the driveways, we had about 10" so far and hit a high of 21°. Still snowing out there so I should get to repeat the process tomorrow.

Top Back Refresh