What's new

The *Official* '23-'24 Snow Thread

North? Then Teton and Yellowstone must have gotten hit.
Parts did
Cooke this am , Jackson hole, got 6”, Targhee
Got12”

IMG_0623.jpeg
IMG_0616.png

We got about 2" last night. Supposed to maybe get a bit more this morning.
Edit: I went out to clean off the cars and there was between 4" - 6" on them.

Last edited:
We got about 2" last night. Supposed to maybe get a bit more this morning.
Edit: I went out to clean off the cars and there was between 4" - 6" on them.
Freeway was a cocksucker this morning. I left Boise at 4am, cars and semis off everywhere between Boise and Twin. Left lane not plowed most of the way, passing sucked. Apparently we got 10-12" in the last 24hrs. Headed home to plow.

Everything we got this weekend melted off yesterday. So far, it's raining and 38*. Winnemucca Mtn and the other mountains do have new snow.

it was 65* in CT on Sunday. I'm pretty sure we're watching the death of skiing in the Northeast

no idea how the mountains in PA/NJ are even opening at all anymore

Over a foot Wednesday night and 6 inches Thursday night. Right when we were melting off nicely. Dammit. Had to spray dupont snow anti stick stuff on the shovel to keep half the load from sticking. Shit works good, glad I bought 2 cans when I discovered it.

It's been a shitty three days of wet, sloppy snow. We got about 6" Friday morning and another 4" last night based on the cars outside, but it has been hovering right at or slightly above freezing so everything is cold, wet, and muddy. Weekends like this make me miss Las Cruces.
115272E1-A3F6-4F1A-82FF-100F970B9B9B.jpeg

1209D4AA-9CF7-4DC0-B56C-4A3774F75E9F.jpeg

06FAFF5C-9432-43B9-A3C6-95CBF724F6F6.jpeg

74F171CE-88CF-40DE-AB4E-3FA2A3B5A24C.jpeg

Last edited:
As usual sounds like Sceep got all the snow, we have been cloudy and getting a mix ofrain, snow and sleet, nothing continuous just sudden flurry's

Got about 6-7" of wet heavy snow last night. About 2" the night before. Power went out at about 0500 and came back on about 5 hours later. Thanks to the automatic transfer and generator we barely noticed it. It is right at freezing and should melt and make a lot of mud now.

No more snow for us, spring is here. I figure we got maybe 2.5' a little less than half of normal, looking out at the mountains they're mostly bare already. We're all praying for a very very wet spring even though it'll bring the suck.

Woke up to a covering of snow that melted quickly, through the day we had snow, rain, hail, none sticking.

Reactions: 2JZ
Got 6" last night and this morning. Almost all of it melted today. It's getting chilly tonight already. 29* now.

In the past 3 weeks we've gotten almost 3 feet. Alpine AZ
Snowed all day yesterday, off and on again, but would either not stick or melt between the flurries. It was weird to see that much snow falling, but nothing on the ground at the end of the day. A few times I looked out and the ground was white, then 15 minutes later just wet. The past 3 weeks we haven't gotten as much snow as you (we're only at 6600ft) and everything we did get was gone the next day or two.

Snowed all day yesterday, off and on again, but would either not stick or melt between the flurries. It was weird to see that much snow falling, but nothing on the ground at the end of the day. A few times I looked out and the ground was white, then 15 minutes later just wet. The past 3 weeks we haven't gotten as much snow as you (we're only at 6600ft) and everything we did get was gone the next day or two.
I'm kinda over it. We've spent most of the winter up here. Looking forward to spring.

Started raining and now it's changed to snow. Just warm enough for it to melt as it hits the road, but sticking on the cars. Wet, sloppy slush. :frown:

Started raining and now it's changed to snow. Just warm enough for it to melt as it hits the road, but sticking on the cars. Wet, sloppy slush. :frown:
We went from 45* and rain yesterday morning to 32* and big snow in about 2hrs. We have sun now and 28* right now.

Any losers that want snow, come here.:flipoff2: Supposed to get 3 to 5 through tomorrow. Right as the ice floe on the North side of the house is almost gone.

Top Back Refresh