What's new

The *Official* '23-'24 Snow Thread

powers been out since early yesterday, so no ... shitter.

200.gif

:confused:

Well pumps need electricity.

Could just melt snow in a 5 gallon bucket and dump it down the toilet after your dookie.

Or just shit in a 5 gallon bucket, cover it with wood chips, then chuck it in the garden after a few logs.
Exactly. Plenty of ways to make the shitter work.

Backup generator is a no brainer when on a well.

Exactly. Plenty of ways to make the shitter work.

Backup generator is a no brainer when on a well.
Community wells, we have a northern lights in a trailer if powers out for awhile to run them but no way to get it there until the roads get cleaned up.

I measured 9" of snow on the hood of my LX470 this morning before sunrise. Been snowing all day, but not much more accumulation.

I do have a question about how you guys measure snow: do you measure at the end of the storm? Or sweep it off the same place and keep measuring? If the latter, the totals will be much, much more.

November 24 2023 snow.jpg

We got less snow than you folks down south, we got about 4" of snow. It never got above freezing today though and is supposed to get into the single digits tonight. Was out loading wood into the truck earlier and the dogs even said "F this shit, it's time to sit in front of the fire."
IMG_0203.jpeg

ETA, picture of the snow would work in this thread. I didn't want to disturb the deer though...
IMG_0204.jpeg

Last edited:
We had rain, sleet, thunder and lightning followed by snow last night here. Wound up with 2" it's melting now.

Got a dusting this morning, we are so far behind the norm this year it ain't even funny. Typical amount in early Dec is 12 to 18 inches. In other news my snowblower has a flat tire and I ain't in no hurry to fix it.:laughing:

I don't think we've ever had this much rain, this late in Dec. Been raining most of the day and only supposed to warm up and rain more overnight. Very odd.

200.gif

We got 6" almost a week ago now bringing our total snowfall to 3", half of it has melted.:laughing:

We should be sitting at a couple of feet plus this time of year.

Well it decided to not warm up and rain all night... Fucking weather guessers. Had some wicked thunder and lighting around 0200.

1702563003617.png

Top Back Refresh