What's new

The *Official* '23-'24 Snow Thread

I’ve had about 6” here in last 30 hours.
Supposed to feel like winter for real next week.
But we had a long, beautiful fall and a cool wet summer so I’m not going to complain.

we got around 4” for our first shot of winter

IMG_1701.jpeg

Some chukers spent the entire day hunkering down in my road

IMG_1698.jpeg

Snow hitting the peaks in western WA. Had a bit of frost on my windshield this morning.

Should have 10" here by the end of tonight and barely gets over 32 for the next 10 days.

Hope they're wrong

CodeRED Weather Warning: The NWS has issued a Winter Storm Warning for your 2nd St location from 12:00 AM October 28 until 12:00 PM October 29.

So far all we have had is nights in the 40s, wood guy keeps promising to bring by a load, but this is Mananna land

We've only had a few nights at or below freezing, so far. Supposed to have a 5% chance of snow Saturday night (as of this morning, it'll change 8 more times between now and then).

first time inna LOOONG time the frost protection fans fired off during harvest (+- 34 deg)
fall transition ,time to swap fishin gear...

Looks like we may get snow Sunday night or Monday. Low of 20° and a good chance of snow/rain those days. We don't usually start to get our heavy snow until the End of December and then through March.
I just heard sandhill cranes flying over

4-6” early morning snow. Northern Colorado west of Fort Collins. 6K feet.

Quite possibly the latest mildest fall we have had in the 25 years we have lived here.

Was 70 just a couple days ago.

Bear on game cam this morning so even they are enjoying the late fall

Not snowing, but it is 32* and 100% humidity. Damp fog and under the tree water is dripping off the limbs.
Not sure if I want to drive to town for breakfast or not

We got about 6" the other day. Hovering around freezing during the day, either just above or just below. Getting a pretty solid freeze on overnight. More snow in the forecast for late this coming week.

This was one of the warmest and mildest fall seasons I can ever remember. It can be -20F around here by time of year. It was in the 70s last week.

Attachments

• 16985902629136532777232962653887.jpg
    16985902629136532777232962653887.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
3" here between yesterday and today so far, supposed to snow off-and-on for the day.

We got a little over an inch here around Klamath County, Oregon. HWY was slicker than you know what. Supposed to be chilling off pretty quick by next week.

Got the first 6" that stuck around saturday night. It's been snowing most of the afternoon and supposed to be 6" then an inch of rain in the morning or closer to a foot depending on the temps. Should be a fun drive to work either way.

Turned out to be close to 18” of wet snow by the time I tried to leave for work at 6. Buried to the body in my driveway and the road hasn’t been plowed. Going to snowshoe the couple miles to my parents to clear them out with a mini that’s luckily there since moms supposed to fly out early tomorrow to meet dad in tx for a sportsball game.

And my powers been out since early yesterday, so no heat or shitter. I need to move…

Top Back Refresh