What's new

The 3D printer thread

ok so how fast does it print one of them test cubes out then
The piece pictured took 57mins. I have since redesigned it with thinner walls, shortened the height and that one took 32mins.

1721825106075.jpeg

This popped up on social media. I bought one for work and one for me. Looks better than even some of the more expensive options on Amazon.

I have the same brand of filament dryer at work and at home and am pleased enough with them.

filamentfc01bundle_15.jpg

This popped up on social media. I bought one for work and one for me. Looks better than even some of the more expensive options on Amazon.

I have the same brand of filament dryer at work and at home and am pleased enough with them.

filamentfc01bundle_15.jpg

I’ll be curious to know how that works out for you. I have another type I bought a while back and while it does fuse the filament together, it doesn’t do it very cleanly and I almost always have issues with the fused piece getting jammed in the printer. I’ve taken to using my small chunks up by letting the runout sensor pause the print and swap to another almost empty spool or I just print small shit like lighter sleeves and keychains with the leftovers.

So I haven't been to bed before 1AM since owning this thing.
Finished up the fuse box cover last night. Swear I popped a boner when I heard it "click" on.

IMG_7793.jpg

Also made a mockup for a clip on attachment to mount different things to grill struts.

Attachments

• IMG_7794.MOV
    17.4 MB
  • IMG_7795.jpg
    IMG_7795.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2
If that’s going to live under the hood you may want to run it again with a different material. PLA doesn’t do well on high heat. I would reprint that in PETG or maybe even ABS.

Didn’t think you could run abs on an open printer, biggest reason I got the p1s vs the p1p.

Didn’t think you could run abs on an open printer, biggest reason I got the p1s vs the p1p.
If that’s going to live under the hood you may want to run it again with a different material. PLA doesn’t do well on high heat. I would reprint that in PETG or maybe even ABS.

Thanks for the heads up on material.

My machine specs
  • Print Volume: 225 x 225 x 265 mm³
  • Max Printing Speed: 500 mm/s
  • Intelligent Segmented Heatbed
  • 121 (11 x 11) Points Auto Bed Leveling
  • Up To 300 °C High-Temp Nozzle
  • Support PLA/TPU/PETG/ABS/ASA/Nylon Filaments
  • USB/LAN Transfer
I have PETG and ABS filament on the way. I'll reprint Saturday.

My machine specs
  • USB/LAN Transfer

ABS/ASA puts off fumes and should not be printed in an environment you plan to breathe. That's what he meant by running it open. PLA, PETG and TPU aren't harmful.

You shouldn’t technically speaking. But if you had the printer in a garage or something where you aren’t around it while printing it should be ok. Lots of folks get the cheap mini grow tents from Amazon to put their printer in with a fume extractor or something when running abs.

My machine specs
  • USB/LAN Transfer

Sure thing. Wouldn’t want you getting bummed out after the first run when you found the PLA warped beyond recognition. PETG should be plenty

IMG_0842.jpeg
IMG_0843.jpeg
IMG_0844.jpeg
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0846.jpeg
Speaking of PETG. I recently finished and today delivered this to a customer. He wanted a fake blower to go on the hood of his Side by Side. Found one he liked meant for a RC car, scaled it up to fit the hood dimensions I was given of 9”s in length, painted in Bambu studio, then printed in 3 pieces, in silver, black, and translucent red PETG. Then glued together with CA glue. He will mount it with 3M double sided tape.

ABS/ASA puts off fumes and should not be printed in an environment you plan to breathe. That's what he meant by running it open. PLA, PETG and TPU aren't harmful.

Don’t quote me on this but I think if you just put a box over the printer while printing and put in activated charcoal filter and it will absorb the fumes.

Edit covered above

IMG_0842.jpeg
IMG_0843.jpeg
IMG_0844.jpeg
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0846.jpeg
Speaking of PETG. I recently finished and today delivered this to a customer. He wanted a fake blower to go on the hood of his Side by Side. Found one he liked meant for a RC car, scaled it up to fit the hood dimensions I was given of 9”s in length, painted in Bambu studio, then printed in 3 pieces, in silver, black, and translucent red PETG. Then glued together with CA glue. He will mount it with 3M double sided tape.
that thing will blow off and hit him in the face at about 60mph:laughing:

So I haven't been to bed before 1AM since owning this thing.
Finished up the fuse box cover last night. Swear I popped a boner when I heard it "click" on.

I just noticed that mine was missing last night doing a oil change
good idea

This. PLA will warp and it becomes more brittle with time. PETG, ABS, or ASA would do well. PETG is a little easier to print than ABS. The downside of PETG to me is that you can't blue it together like you can ABS. ABS is great once you get it printing well, but it can warp on the print bed. ASA is supposed to be very similar to ABS mechanically, but doesn't warp quite as much on the bed so it's easier to print. I personally have been OK printing ABS on the Bambu P1S. I'll mention some settings below.

ABS slurry - You can use acetone and dissolve old support material or scrap in a glass jar. It makes a very effective glue you can use to connector multi piece prints.

You can on an open printer, the biggest problem is warping on the bed. Open printers can simple put a cardboard box over the printer to create a warm and draft free chamber and then dial the settings. Things to do/dont do
  • no air movement, enclosure of some sort. Cardboard box, make a lexan box, something
  • turn "part cooling fan" off entirely in settings. Again, moving air can cause temperature changes in the part that causes warping and the print goes to shit
  • print bed at 100*C
  • Manually putting print bed to 100*C and leaving the printer closed for an hour or so to let the chamber get up to temp helps a lot, then start your print
  • It puts off fumes that are toxic, so put it somewhere you don't live in.
  • ^ with that, careful putting it in a garage or shop where the temp will swing from day warm to night cooler. That can cause a print to warp especially if you're doing a home made enclosure.

Don’t quote me on this but I think if you just put a box over the printer while printing and put in activated charcoal filter and it will absorb the fumes.

Edit covered above
Unfortunately not. My P1S stinks up my office real badly and they are enclosed with charcoal filter.

If you have a laundry room connected to a bathroom with a poo poo fan and can make a printer cabinet it's a good spot indoors. Close off the laundry room and leave the shitter exhaust fan on. The wife will love that your hobbies are spilling into her domain :lmao:

Last edited:
peaking of PETG. I recently finished and today delivered this to a customer. He wanted a fake blower to go on the hood of his Side by Side. Found one he liked meant for a RC car, scaled it up to fit the hood dimensions I was given of 9”s in length, painted in Bambu studio, then printed in 3 pieces, in silver, black, and translucent red PETG. Then glued together with CA glue. He will mount it with 3M double sided tape.
Would you happen to have a link to the file? I tried looking for 'blower' online, but all I got were links to Kamala Harris...

Well I guess I offend people with my marketplace offers. Tried to buy a x1c.... Maybe next time. They don't come up used often!

But ender did a 27 hour print.

1000027211.jpg

Top Back Refresh