What's new

Switch pros

Give me a brushless fan recommendation...lol. Im running out of spare plugs for this relay and the insulation keeps falling apart. Just found out i only had low speed for the past few years. No more overheating :lmao:

I know that HYDRODYNAMIC had some 16" units for sale at a great price too at some point. Maybe he still does ?

I know I've been dirt slow at updating this, but built a mount out of scrap RAM BALL parts,

And this looks like where it's gonna live. It clears my shifters in high and low, and I have a clear sight at all times,

Low range

20230223_125314.jpg

High range
20230223_125003.jpg

Last edited:
Im building a new buggy and am planning on using the 12 to wire the entire thing. I dont have an "ignition" wire to tie into, so ill be switching it to "battery" in the configuration. When i hit the ignition button on the panel (35A position 1), i want it to turn on my ecu (which turns on my fuel pump), my gauges, etc. Best way to do this just to splice it all together or get a solid state buss and connect one side to Position 1 from the SP (IGN in my case), then connect everything i want to turn on with this wire to the other side. Or would it be better to use multiple outputs being controlled by Position 1?

I also want to have my ecu control my fans On/OFF based on temp. But i also want to power it ON whenever i want and power it OFF if i am crossing water or something. Can one of the trigger wires be used for this?

The rest of the switches will be basic:
Starter
radio
lights (bar, rock, dome)
Trans fan (on with ignition because im a dumbass and will forget)
Aux plug for phone charging

Im wondering if i can get away with the 8-switch SP, or if ill need the 12?

Im building a new buggy and am planning on using the 12 to wire the entire thing. I dont have an "ignition" wire to tie into, so ill be switching it to "battery" in the configuration. When i hit the ignition button on the panel (35A position 1), i want it to turn on my ecu (which turns on my fuel pump), my gauges, etc. Best way to do this just to splice it all together or get a solid state buss and connect one side to Position 1 from the SP (IGN in my case), then connect everything i want to turn on with this wire to the other side. Or would it be better to use multiple outputs being controlled by Position 1?

I also want to have my ecu control my fans On/OFF based on temp. But i also want to power it ON whenever i want and power it OFF if i am crossing water or something. Can one of the trigger wires be used for this?

The rest of the switches will be basic:
Starter
radio
lights (bar, rock, dome)
Trans fan (on with ignition because im a dumbass and will forget)
Aux plug for phone charging

you need the 12 for the high amp loads

you need the 12 for the high amp loads
I haven't wired mine yet, but was going to wire my winch and compressor to the relays for the high amp loads, any issues with that?
I know it clearly says not to wire the winch, but through a relay I don't see an issue.
the compressor is a PUMA 3/4 HP unit, triggered from a starter relay.

Im building a new buggy and am planning on using the 12 to wire the entire thing. I dont have an "ignition" wire to tie into, so ill be switching it to "battery" in the configuration.
Just wire the ign trigger wire to a toggle or your kill switch. Backlight only works if the ign trigger gets power

When i hit the ignition button on the panel (35A position 1), i want it to turn on my ecu (which turns on my fuel pump), my gauges, etc. Best way to do this just to splice it all together or get a solid state buss and connect one side to Position 1 from the SP (IGN in my case), then connect everything i want to turn on with this wire to the other side. Or would it be better to use multiple outputs being controlled by Position 1?
Both solutions are possible, depends what and how you're powering it
That's what they're for.

Get the 12, it's light years better than the 8

I haven't wired mine yet, but was going to wire my winch and compressor to the relays for the high amp loads, any issues with that?
I know it clearly says not to wire the winch, but through a relay I don't see an issue.
the compressor is a PUMA 3/4 HP unit, triggered from a starter relay.
If you use the switch pros to trigger relays, you do what you want, no problems at all.

Anyone know a dealer for a switch pro panel or maybe a discount code for the upcoming holiday? Im cheap and even 5-10% off will help with the RCR-12 im going to buy.

Anyone know a dealer for a switch pro panel or maybe a discount code for the upcoming holiday? Im cheap and even 5-10% off will help with the RCR-12 im going to buy.
I ended up picking on up from these guys over memorial weekend sales. 10% off and no sales tax but did have to pay 15 for shipping. Still the best deal I could find.

Alternative Offroad
1753 Hendrix Ave
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Phone: 805-800-8955
[email protected]

Going to ask a dumb question probably related to wiring in the starter to my RCR12.

Im using SW1 as my ignition to turn on the ecu/gauges/FP etc in my stand alone harness. SW2 will then be the starter. DO i run this thick wire to directly to the lug on the starter, or is this to be connected to the starter solenoid and then ill need to run a separate thick power wire from the battery to this lug on the starter? I know the SW2 wire they provide is a thick one, but is it enough to directly power the starter?

Im sure i will have other dumb questions on this as i wire up my buggy from scratch using the RCR12

That’s definitely w
Separate thick battery cable from battery to big lug on starter, and small wire from SW2 to starter solenoid.
That’s what I figured but I just wanted to ask. Since the first 4 channels are for heavy load, do I need to use one of them for the starter? The trigger wire is much smaller than the 10ga that the panel uses.

That’s definitely w

That’s what I figured but I just wanted to ask. Since the first 4 channels are for heavy load, do I need to use one of them for the starter? The trigger wire is much smaller than the 10ga that the panel uses.
Nah its just a signal to the starter solenoid. I wouldnt waste one of those channels on it.

C699A7AC-0116-4DA0-B271-37588094C1DA.jpeg

This is the complete chassis harness for a fairly complex car. 40amp fuel pump, twin fans, electric waterpump, heat exchanger fans, rock lights, front and rear lights, interior lights, rear steer, ARB lockers, ARB compressor etc.
Do you happen to have a wiring diagram drawn up for this harness? Or really any complete chassis / engine (starter / ignition) harness you’ve built?

I’d like to study an example with the Switch Pros as I start to plan out a complete vehicle wiring project.

And, I’m sure it’s like anything else where you get what you pay for… but are there any knockoffs that are good enough to consider?

Do you happen to have a wiring diagram drawn up for this harness? Or really any complete chassis / engine (starter / ignition) harness you’ve built?
I get paid for that. So, no, sorry.

And, I’m sure it’s like anything else where you get what you pay for… but are there any knockoffs that are good enough to consider?
Yeah, it's called fuses and relays.
Switch-Pros is already the bottom of the offering when it comes to solid state systems. You don't want to go cheaper than that.

If you are looking for some generic stuff, there's a 1985 ford wiring diagram in the resources tab on the board here. Gives all the circuits and switches for whatever you are trying to do. External start solenoid and external regulator and carb make the diagram easy to follow and adapt to whatever

If you are looking for some generic stuff, there's a 1985 ford wiring diagram in the resources tab on the board here. Gives all the circuits and switches for whatever you are trying to do. External start solenoid and external regulator and carb make the diagram easy to follow and adapt to whatever
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I nearly regressed to an older forum format and had a mini diatribe in my head about crosswalks and manuals and grade school teachers :rasta:

Easier to stick with the kinder/gentler. There's still a chance I'll draw up some squares and squiggly lines tomorrow though
I’ve been watching some of Haltechs stuff but it’s hard to find them not talk about also integrated canbus. I have found some stuff that’s helpful though. The info I’m looking for is also probably in the switch pros manual too, which I have not searched for / downloaded yet.

I’m just researching for a future project. I’ll ask a lot more dumb questions later, so trust me your opportunity to berate is not gone yet :flipoff2:

Going to ask a dumb question probably related to wiring in the starter to my RCR12.

Im using SW1 as my ignition to turn on the ecu/gauges/FP etc in my stand alone harness. SW2 will then be the starter. DO i run this thick wire to directly to the lug on the starter, or is this to be connected to the starter solenoid and then ill need to run a separate thick power wire from the battery to this lug on the starter? I know the SW2 wire they provide is a thick one, but is it enough to directly power the starter?

Im sure i will have other dumb questions on this as i wire up my buggy from scratch using the RCR12
Im glad you hold of this.. you gonna help me with mine lol?

I know I've been dirt slow at updating this, but built a mount out of scrap RAM BALL parts,

And this looks like where it's gonna live. It clears my shifters in high and low, and I have a clear sight at all times,

Low range

20230223_125314.jpg

High range
20230223_125003.jpg
Does that Atoto unit work pretty well? I assume its just an app with a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle?

Does that Atoto unit work pretty well? I assume its just an app with a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle?
It does, no XM radio option, but stream off the phone no prob, I added a forward camera, and a backup camera, and the gauge package is the torque app. $5 purchase, wthe an OBD2 under the dash, I downloaded Onx into it, works good other than a 3rd gen 4runner has the worst place for an entertainment system.

It's too low in the dash, but thats not a radio problem. I've had it two years no issue, the gauges are nice.

Top Back Refresh