What's new

struggle bus munting my DE ram in TMR mount.

I've always ran all four ram clamps and have offset the ram due to diff covers. not to say there is or isn't a difference, but I've never been able to notice it.

Currently I'm re-fitting an existing Trail Gear 609 that was built with the center section closer to the middle into my 4800 car. even without a diff cover to contend with I'm going to have to offset the ram much further than I have previously to fit all four clamps. Are three clamps enough for racing in the woods?

Attachments

• 20240220_114801.jpg
    20240220_114801.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
Might look into the Hulse Engineering mounts for a fabbed housing. They only require two b/c the ends are captured and are designed to be able to french on into the diff side.

I've always ran all four ram clamps and have offset the ram due to diff covers. not to say there is or isn't a difference, but I've never been able to notice it.

Currently I'm re-fitting an existing Trail Gear 609 that was built with the center section closer to the middle into my 4800 car. even without a diff cover to contend with I'm going to have to offset the ram much further than I have previously to fit all four clamps. Are three clamps enough for racing in the woods?
I've clipped a tree at 40mph with3 clamps and broke both high steer arms.
The three clamps are fine, not even loose.

I've clipped a tree at 40mph with3 clamps and broke both high steer arms.
The three clamps are fine, not even loose.

yeah clipping trees at speed is my issue

thanks guys I guess I'll leave one off.

Might look into the Hulse Engineering mounts for a fabbed housing. They only require two b/c the ends are captured and are designed to be able to french on into the diff side.

I've seen those, very bad ass! I have an older psc ram they called xrc that came in the race kits. they no longer produce that ram or the race kits, I don't think I've seen a low profile mount like that for my ram.

I've seen those, very bad ass! I have an older psc ram they called xrc that came in the race kits. they no longer produce that ram or the race kits, I don't think I've seen a low profile mount like that for my ram.
That's what I have too.
Slawson had them make another run and still has some in stock if you need a spare.

I bought a set for one of our portal cars.....they are very nice but obviously there's a weight penalty. I wonder how much lighter the JHF version is. Looks to be substantial.

That's what I have too.
Slawson had them make another run and still has some in stock if you need a spare.

thanks for the heads up. I know I saw them somewhere. not sure if I have room for any clamp on the end of the ram unfortunately. I may fab up some tabs to go up against the ram body just for added security.

Top Back Refresh